Preview Stkilda vs Essendon 4:40 sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because it's against weakened opposition? How is that good for his development exactly?
Whilst I'm not guaranteeing we'll win, no doubt we should, largely because Essendon have been decimated and and we're in the last third of what was always going to be a very long season for them.

Wouldn't Pierce be better developed against a stronger team?
So I gather are you a subscriber to the "Zac Dawson v Anthony Rocca" match up scenario as the best way to start your career.
Personally i can't see much wrong with a young player getting a few kicks in their early games of AFL. Does help to build your confidence

Did you watch the Sydney v Geeling game?

Its just another example of the top sides having flexibility - something completely alien to Richo.

Richos idea of flexibility for his side is Reiwoldt to the wing. Tom Hafey reincarnate....
Pretty much a classic example of a one-dimensional coach.

Selections are spot on for mine

Criteria #1 Ability to give a strong contest

Eli is stiff but he's still fairly slight in the body, hopefully he'll get a shot soon.

Buddha its obvious teams that play a second ruck benefit in numerous areas. But for us it would take the third tall away from Membrey so he gets free, reduce the opposition double teaming Bruce or Roo and give Hickey more of a chop out. Richo has to rely on pressure forwards because our midfield doesnt have the running power to press forward, and because Bruce being double teamed he hasnt been able to take his marks.

At some stage you have to give players the opportunity to grow and for Richo being such a noted 'player developer' its something he doesnt do that well with the AFL team. Peirce will be a player and needs game time, 1 game in when he went ok then dropping him is ridiculously stupid!

A hard shell helmet may do very little to cushion the head from shock.
It would protect from impact. For example if you hit it on a hard object it would spread the load from a single point to a wider area.
This is why hard helmets are used for motorcycles for example.

A well designed padding around the head WILL reduce the deceleration forces. Concussion is caused when the brain is moving and crashes into the inside of a stationary scull. Reduced deceleration will result in reduced impact. Its not medicine, its physics.
Only problem is that in order to actually reduce the speed of the brain inside the skull enough to lessen the point of impact by any significant degree - a helmet would need to be the size of a bubble ball. (Well actually the science indicates that a 40cm thick helmet could reduce the speed by half)

In a head to head collision the head stops moving almost instantaneously - so a 1 cm thick soft helmet can't possibly reduce that to any degree that would have an impact on the speed the brain is traveling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most pressing is a shake up of Richo's assistants. Get rid of Sexton been at the club too long and shown zip. Replace him with someone like Brett Ratten or John Blakey at least someone who has coached at the level from a sucessful club.

"ST KILDA dominated the AFL Coaches Association Awards on Tuesday night, continuing the momentum generated by a host of re-signings and improved on-field performance this year.

Five out of the seven awards had a Saints connection of some description.

Midfield coach Adam Kingsley was named the Assistant Coach of the Year, joining an illustrious group of current and former senior coaches such as Brendan McCartney, John Longmire and Phil Walsh to have received the accolade.

Director of Coaching Danny Sexton finished second in the award, which is voted on by players and coaches on a 50-50 basis."
http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-09-30/coaches-voted-best-in-afl

Clearly you know more than the players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you completely stupid - watch last nights Geelong game. Longmire played Richards as a tall defensive forward to stop Geelongs talls double/triple teaming Buddy. I used that as an example of Richos inability to get a tactical advantage...
Do you even watch our games mate?

Nathan Wright was brought in against Carlton to play a forward defensive role on Zac Tuohy & kept him to just 10 kicks (& 13 handballs) which was a great plan as Tuohy usually goes at a 5:3 ratio of kicks to handballs & can be very damaging

He then backed it up in our next game v Geelong by keeping Bartel to just 12 touches, & bobbing up with 2 goals himself.

This is pretty much exactly the type of match up you mentioned above with Richards. Open your eyes

"ST KILDA dominated the AFL Coaches Association Awards on Tuesday night, continuing the momentum generated by a host of re-signings and improved on-field performance this year.

Five out of the seven awards had a Saints connection of some description.

Midfield coach Adam Kingsley was named the Assistant Coach of the Year, joining an illustrious group of current and former senior coaches such as Brendan McCartney, John Longmire and Phil Walsh to have received the accolade.

Director of Coaching Danny Sexton finished second in the award, which is voted on by players and coaches on a 50-50 basis."
http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-09-30/coaches-voted-best-in-afl

Clearly you know more than the players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hqdefault.jpg

latest

I'll get us back on track. Saints by 74. Steven 3 votes. Membrey to kick 5. Gresham to 'Lonergan' Francis.

Considering this thread has drifted into nothingness, I just wanted to say Im glad Dempster is back. Purely becuase he's super good looking. If I could graft his head onto my body I would. Plus seems like a good guy.

Phew. Felt good getting that out.

Carry on boys/girls.
Considering Dempster is quoted as having the "best rig" at the club I think your wiry noodle body would be a poor substitute!

You have to play well, and consistently, until you bring in concepts like flexibility. Let's string a few wins together, play well interstate, and keep developing our current game-style. We have too many guys not quite AFL level (yet), so Development is still the key word. We are uncompetitive nearly every second week.

The club has had to really rebuild after our tilt 2004-2011. Lots of poor recruitment decisions back then...old ground. Then rebuilding while GWS and Suns got all their concessions.

Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have been there or thereabouts for 10+ years and made many better decisions than we did. Very sad. And it makes me angry of the chances we wasted.

That is why I really think it will take us another 5-7 years to really contend. Lots of drafts and Trading....and doing it well.

I am impatient as anyone, because I'm getting on in years. But having watched us stuff it up for 50 or so years (mostly) i think it will still take time.

And now to murder the Bombers!! It will bring a week of optimism and happiness if we can, but it shouldn't fool anyone. We are on the right path. Richo is the right bloke. Let's give it time.

Considering this thread has drifted into nothingness, I just wanted to say Im glad Dempster is back. Purely becuase he's super good looking. If I could graft his head onto my body I would. Plus seems like a good guy.

Phew. Felt good getting that out.

Carry on boys/girls.

But wouldn't that give you two heads? One being on a 45 degree angle? Not a great look. Where would you get double necked polo shirts? Need to think it through a bit more.

With Paddy out, would be interesting to see whether Roo goes back to his forward role. Personally have been loving seeing him roam around the ground and racking up disposals

But wouldn't that give you two heads? One being on a 45 degree angle? Not a great look. Where would you get double necked polo shirts? Need to think it through a bit more.
LOL you idiot:D

Maybe Verdun from Tassie might be able to suggest some two headed shirt stores:eek:

(sorry Verdun:oops::p:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back