Preview Stkilda vs Essendon 4:40 sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL you idiot:D

Maybe Verdun from Tassie might be able to suggest some two headed shirt stores:eek:

(sorry Verdun:oops::p:p)

If Verdun had been born with 2 heads, do you reckon he would have kept that one?

If Verdun had been born with 2 heads, do you reckon he would have kept that one?

I have a ugly mug - often look at the scar on my shoulder and think the other head would be preferable.

Anyway back on topic - apprehensive about the Don's they have been impressive early in a lot of their games and if we let them get a run on could be in strife. Need to start well.

Pleased to have Dempster back would have been good to have Billings and Templeton (even if named not sure he'll play) back but love the fact games are rewarded not gifted

Beat the Injectors by about 100+ points & we'll go ahead of the filth on the ladder.

The sponsorship is a curse

I joked around with everyone about the sponsorship, but I don't think the sponsorship is a curse.

Fact is Freeman came to st kilda with major injuries. Wright/white were a second round pick in a depleted and average draft. Wright was always prone to injuries due to his kamikaze style, and sponsorships didn't lead to Betts breaking his jaw intentionally.

Heyne wasn't alone in being a crappy pick, crocker, etc were with him. Heyne also made Carlton's rookie list, where he wasn't sponsored and still didn't do enough.

/end

So I gather are you a subscriber to the "Zac Dawson v Anthony Rocca" match up scenario as the best way to start your career.
Personally i can't see much wrong with a young player getting a few kicks in their early games of AFL. Does help to build your confidence
Not really (though Dawson seems to have done OK for himself), but equally I'm not all that much in favour of dishing out games against perceived weakened opposition just because it's perceived weakened opposition.

I just want players to be picked on merit, and where their selection will benefit the team structure overall.

I'm not saying don't pick him, I just think the reasoning is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back