Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sorry, but the output ive seen of Finn @ training, wouldn't be putting him in the not so much basket
Yes i agree he has been good in the middle but he is up against worpel ward tmitchell and jom. He is just not up to it as a winger at present. We have howe morrison phillips ahead of him

He isnt competing for a wing spot, he should be competing for a midfield rotation
Where does he play when he isnt in the middle? Thats the issue as i said he has comp in there. He needs to pardon the metaphor diversify his portfolio

He is Short, slow, not strong

Nothing really stands out as a weapon

You remind me of a football coach I had back in the seventies giving having a chat with one of the less talented members of the church team...

"Look, your problem is you're too short, you're fat, slow and uncoordinated. And you lack confidence too."

Where does he play when he isnt in the middle? Thats the issue as i said he has comp in there. He needs to pardon the metaphor diversify his portfolio
Show me where Mitchell, Omeara, Shiels and Worpel have been playing in another position

Our issue is flexibility and maximizing weapons of players in other positions, not just putting them in spots to give others a go

You remind me of a football coach I had back in the seventies giving having a chat with one of the less talented members of the church team...

"Look, your problem is you're too short, you're fat, slow and uncoordinated. And you lack confidence too."
Yeah fair point

But its not wrong

Show me where Mitchell, Omeara, Shiels and Worpel have been playing in another position

Our issue is flexibility and maximizing weapons of players in other positions, not just putting them in spots to give others a go
You havent being paying careful attention because shiels was already out of the middle last year playing on the wing. The other three have been thrown forward multiple times during the matches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You havent being paying careful attention because shiels was already out of the middle last year playing on the wing. The other three have been thrown forward multiple times during the matches
As i said

Not just putting them in spots, they need to develop weapons outside of being in the middle

Shiels was pushed to a wing because he wasnt contributing in the middle

As i said

Not just putting them in spots, they need to develop weapons outside of being in the middle

Shiels was pushed to a wing because he wasnt contributing in the middle
Forget about shiels he is done but he was deliberately put on the wing trained all pre season last year on the wing

I thought Tom Mitchell did pretty well when he rotated through the fwd line late last year. I think there was even a game where he was instrumental playing a lot as a fwd.

‘Please don’t shoot the fat one’

Bottom line is we have too many limited inside mids who have shown minimal ability to damage on the outside or go forward and kick goals.

TOM, JOM, Worps, Sheils and now Nash, Finn and Newcomb. Add Morrison and Howe on the wings and there is low to no hurt factor.

Day, Bramble, Ward, McDonald and Butler are crucial to our re build.

Last edited:
Bottom line is we have too many limited inside mids who have shown minimal ability to damage on the outside or go forward and kick goals.

TOM, JOM, Worps, Sheils and now Nash, Finn and Glass. Add Morrison and Howe on the wings and there is low to no hurt factor.

Day, Bramble, Ward, McDonald and Butler crucial to our re build.
Glass retired.

Gunners is tracking well for round 1 he is doing most of the skills program but is still non contact. Which is logical. He didnt get involved in the intra
I am taking last year's one performance as pretty damning either on the state of Gunston's body or the medicos. They got him up for one game and he had done the training and all the contact drills but when it came to the game he was sooooooo far off it physically. Another back surgery, another year older - he is up against IMO.

This is not me potting him or hoping he fails, I, like everyone else here, love Gunners.

Last edited:
I am taking last year's one performance as pretty damning either on the state of Gunston's body or the medicos. They got him up for one game and he had done the training and all the contact drills but when it came to the game he was sooooooo far off it physically. Another back surgery, another year older - he is up against IMO.

This is not me potting him or hoping he fails, I, like everyone else here, loves Gunners.
Yep its fair to be pessimistic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back