Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

All this is highlighting is how s**t we batted against the short bowling. This pitch isn’t playing that badly, just our batting was less than ordinary, all started by Stupid Warner having zero patience against s**t bloke Broad

Funnily enough a loss here wouldn't be the worst thing.

There's still some issues around the batting, and IMO the keeping spot isn't completely Carey's yet.

There's still some issues around the batting, and IMO the keeping spot isn't completely Carey's yet.
Curious on your thoughts as to how a loss plays any part in rectifying those issues? Even with those issues losing to this English side who have been less than interested in this series is nothing but embarrassing

Curious on your thoughts as to how a loss plays any part in rectifying those issues? Even with those issues losing to this English side who have been less than interested in this series is nothing but embarrassing
It would be embarassing, that's the whole point. We've had a few batting collapses during the series and I still don't think Uzzie is the guy to open the batting long term

I don't think we'll lose the game now, Green has turned it well back into our favour.

It would be embarassing, that's the whole point. We've had a few batting collapses during the series and I still don't think Uzzie is the guy to open the batting long term

I don't think we'll lose the game now, Green has turned it well back into our favour.
The bad bit is, we need to find 2 openers now. Warner is closer to the end than the beginning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't be, but your also over rating what one loss means, especially in a dead rubber.

Openers are a looming issue, especially if Pukoviski doesn't find a reliable way to play the short ball, and we'll find out if Carey is the answer in the next six months.

Still, it's probably the best shape the test side has been in the better part of a decade.

It wouldn't be, but your also over rating what one loss means, especially in a dead rubber.

Openers are a looming issue, especially if Pukoviski doesn't find a reliable way to play the short ball, and we'll find out if Carey is the answer in the next six months.

Still, it's probably the best shape the test side has been in the better part of a decade.
Head coming back in and finding career form has been a highlight, Smith in a slump but he'll be alright. Marnus still going well but the openers are a huge issue and Green is a worry with the bat at times in the short term anyway.

And I don't think Carey is the answer, just doesn't look like a Test batsman at all to me. Question is, is Josh Inglis ??

Good bowling by Starc there but as bad a shot as you could play, especially with a side strain.

Green 228 runs @ 33, 13 wickets @ 16
Stokes 236 runs @ 24, 4 wickets @ 72
Starc 155 runs @ 39, 19 wickets @ 25
Woakes 141 runs @ 29, 6 wickets @ 55
Root 322 runs @ 36, 5 wickets @ 47

Green is averaging twice as much with the bat than with the ball is a great return.

Green 228 runs @ 33, 13 wickets @ 16
Stokes 236 runs @ 24, 4 wickets @ 72
Starc 155 runs @ 39, 19 wickets @ 25
Woakes 141 runs @ 29, 6 wickets @ 55
Root 322 runs @ 36, 5 wickets @ 47

Green is averaging twice as much with the bat than with the ball is a great return.
He is only 22 as well.

I've been really impressed with how the crowd has held up at Hobart.

Better atmosphere than the MCG on day 2-5 of the Boxing Day Test.

Next time the MCG dishes up a substandard pitch. Take them off the test schedule and send it down here (and yes, this pitch was a bowlers paradise. But it still shits over the pre-21 Melbourne pitches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back