Surely the Bulldogs win is the greatest ever triumph in AFL/VFL history

Remove this Banner Ad

You can use whatever word you want but winning the flag from 7th and having a good finals series to me seems less definitive than coming first and being the best all year then proving it in September
I'm trying to rationalise your thought process - are you suggesting that because a team finished 7th and then proceeded to have one of the greatest finals series the game has ever seen suddenly becomes a 'less definitive' premiership team because of where they started their finals campaign 4 weeks prior? By your logic, do Hawthorn fans think that 2008 was a 'less definitive' premiership because the team they beat went through H&A with a 21-1 record? Were all of Brisbane's 3-peat flags in 2001-3 considered 'less definitive' because they didn't win the minor premiership in any of those years? Conversely, do you feel that Essendon in 1999, Geelong in 2008, St Kilda in 2009 and Collingwood in 2011 consider themselves more worthy of a premiership in those years because they had superior seasons to the rest of the competition?

H&A is nothing more than jockeying for position to make finals, but legends are created and reputations are made and broken in the white-hot intensity of September - on that score the Bulldogs premiership in 2016 is almost as good as there has ever been. If some people want to dismiss our triumph for whatever reasons they are entitled to - it was a privilege and an honour to see our club do what they did in September last year, and those memories will stay with me forever as a document to a very special time and place. I suggest that history will be very kind to our 2016 premiership, and it will be replayed again and again for generations to come. There will not be any talk of it being an accidental premiership because of where we finished, there will not be any talk about umpiring and there won't be any hot air about the bye before finals - what will endure is our on-field exploits against 4 extremely strong opponents and our ability to look them all in the eye and triumph.

I'm trying to rationalise your thought process - are you suggesting that because a team finished 7th and then proceeded to have one of the greatest finals series the game has ever seen suddenly becomes a 'less definitive' premiership team because of where they started their finals campaign 4 weeks prior? By your logic, do Hawthorn fans think that 2008 was a 'less definitive' premiership because the team they beat went through H&A with a 21-1 record? Were all of Brisbane's 3-peat flags in 2001-3 considered 'less definitive' because they didn't win the minor premiership in any of those years? Conversely, do you feel that Essendon in 1999, Geelong in 2008, St Kilda in 2009 and Collingwood in 2011 consider themselves more worthy of a premiership in those years because they had superior seasons to the rest of the competition?

H&A is nothing more than jockeying for position to make finals, but legends are created and reputations are made and broken in the white-hot intensity of September - on that score the Bulldogs premiership in 2016 is almost as good as there has ever been. If some people want to dismiss our triumph for whatever reasons they are entitled to - it was a privilege and an honour to see our club do what they did in September last year, and those memories will stay with me forever as a document to a very special time and place. I suggest that history will be very kind to our 2016 premiership, and it will be replayed again and again for generations to come. There will not be any talk of it being an accidental premiership because of where we finished, there will not be any talk about umpiring and there won't be any hot air about the bye before finals - what will endure is our on-field exploits against 4 extremely strong opponents and our ability to look them all in the eye and triumph.

Yes, yes I am.

H/A accounts for the All Australian team, the Brownlow winner, the Coleman winner and yes jockeying for Finals spots but it all counts in the end. I use the 2007 Geelong team as an example a lot here and with good reason, Bartel won the Brownlow, they had a record number of AA selections, and despite a near hiccup against Collingwood had what I assume what would've been one of the most satisfying Grand Final wins ever in breaking a massive Grand Final hoodoo by a record margin, and be knowing that you're the premiers from about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

I'm not telling you how to feel, and in this thread I've never once said that a Dogs fan shouldn't enjoy their premiership or that it should mean less to them, I'm simply stating that I feel like winning a Premiership in those circumstances WHILE PERFECTLY GOD DAMNED FINE isn't the best way to win it, and why it isn't the best triumph of all time.

This is why Bulldogs fans on Bigfooty are terrible, if we're not drinking your bathwater we're clearly out to get you and especially St Kilda fans for some reason. It shows in so many posters and it's incredibly tiresome, far out I think I've explained this point that it's simply my opinion that many times that it's not worth the use of the keyboard to do it again.

Yes, yes I am.

H/A accounts for the All Australian team, the Brownlow winner, the Coleman winner and yes jockeying for Finals spots but it all counts in the end. I use the 2007 Geelong team as an example a lot here and with good reason, Bartel won the Brownlow, they had a record number of AA selections, and despite a near hiccup against Collingwood had what I assume what would've been one of the most satisfying Grand Final wins ever in breaking a massive Grand Final hoodoo by a record margin, and be knowing that you're the premiers from about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

I'm not telling you how to feel, and in this thread I've never once said that a Dogs fan shouldn't enjoy their premiership or that it should mean less to them, I'm simply stating that I feel like winning a Premiership in those circumstances WHILE PERFECTLY GOD DAMNED FINE isn't the best way to win it, and why it isn't the best triumph of all time.

This is why Bulldogs fans on Bigfooty are terrible, if we're not drinking your bathwater we're clearly out to get you and especially St Kilda fans for some reason. It shows in so many posters and it's incredibly tiresome, far out I think I've explained this point that it's simply my opinion that many times that it's not worth the use of the keyboard to do it again.
That's your opinion, and it's a perfectly fine and reasonable opinion.

Like most people Bomber probably underestimated how much the umpires would help the Bulldogs, the one sided umpiring tarnished their win.
I really can't for the life of me think of a more idiotic broken record of a poster then you. you must lead a very very sad life.

Most people ie. Bulldogs supporters.

Actually it's mostly Bulldogs supporters in here sooking because I've dared to mention how much you were favoured by the umpires this year.

This proves what a moron you are, when people respond to your insane dribble, that does not constitute sooking, i think you come out with that remark because it helps your small brain switch off and sleep at night. And you walk away thinking yeah i sure showed them.

Look bullies fans.. if we don't beat you around the ears now.. you will just be complacent and will fall from the pack and won't go any further this next
year. It takes a beating to get up again and again... and this is what you have to learn... to be absolutely 'rude' about it and get up and about.. '

Thank you for clarifying your position.

Having experienced a premiership under those circumstances, I could not imagine a premiership being any better or more satisfyingly achieved. Two interstate trips (one against a team who barely loses on their fortress and one against one of the most naturally talented groups of players ever assembled), one game against the reigning 3-time premier on a ground that they've owned, and then a GF against a flint-hard perennial top 4 team and the current minor premier. For me it does not get any better than that, and I suspect that history will document it as such.

I respectfully disagree with your perspective.

Last edited:

Tiresome is the handful of losers that post the same drivel about the Dogs in every thread. You think we're too happy and we think you're too sad. Get over it or jog on.

This proves what a moron you are, when people respond to your insane dribble, that does not constitute sooking, i think you come out with that remark because it helps your small brain switch off and sleep at night. And you walk away thinking yeah i sure showed them.
Don't worry about the moron. He loves the attention. Don't get sucked intn responding to his dribble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiresome is the handful of losers that post the same drivel about the Dogs in every thread. You think we're too happy and we think you're too sad. Get over it or jog on.
Totally agree,some of the salty comments about the dogs premiership on here have not only been salty but ridiculous and there are a handful who have still not stopped saying the same thing over and over.
In the world outside BF,the real world, all I've heard is positive and congratulatory comments and you behave humbly.
On here your tempted to just tell people to stick it up their jumper we are the best because of the way they carry on.

Who cares. Rating the ultimate achievement in sport is just absurd. If you experience the joy of it as a member, or more importantly the euphoria as a player/family member of a player no ones opinion will ever take that feeling of acheivment away.
cannon ball run... or is that a statement? just use it or lose it..

Geelong won the flag the year after and then again 2 years later in 2011.

My point is that while essendon 2000 has best individual season record they werent a great team of an era
Yes but the thread is not about dynasties though is it? It's about the Bulldogs 2016 season which was being compared to the Geelong 2007 and Essendon 2000 seasons.

What happened either side means nothing in this debate.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, yes I am.

Very well articulated

Its not just the Saints..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Or the doggies are acting like the biggest tossers to ever win a flag.

Leaning more to that reason.

No Dogs supporters have been the most humble and gracious supporters after a flag.

It's just that GWS and Swans are just the most bitter to have not won it.

No Dogs supporters have been the most humble and gracious supporters after a flag.

It's just that GWS and Swans are just the most bitter to have not won it.

You can't be a judge of that only the people who support other clubs can.

I vehemently disagree that on bigfooty dogs fans are humble and gracious.

Same posters appear in almost every bulldog related thread. Can they make themselves appear any more bitter?
Eh? Its an open thread and i replied to it.
Like allot of threads.

Lets face it. You guys are creating allot of em to feed your own ego.

But keep beating your chest if it makes you feel important.

This meme gets a workout with you lot.

93fcb9c8a71d0416fea9a21b5fd9b1d8.jpg

Says the guy who thinks 'a lot' is one word...smh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back