Autopsy Swans Vs Dons Rnd 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an old coach once said "the kick travels a lot faster than the runner". The first few metres to get clear are probably more important. I believe Melican is just about our fastest.

Oh dear! I am terrified what the new rules will do to Melican. He has all the physical attributes but none of the mental ones required. Unless rules/game styles change to team defence he has a short shelf life. I only hope hope Brand has more footy IQ or that BOC comes on.

Reid has always marked well if he can run at the ball from a slight angle and body his opponent. Saw at least 2 like that last night.

Tommy Mac also marked well and Dawson took a good contested grab. On the ground the sure handed players stood out.

Hahaha I love it seriously though we get one season where we get a favourable start and suddenly we’re umpires pets? Never mind the times the AFL sabotages our trading or all the times we’re on the negative side of the free kick count even at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooker is a very big fella and has been a good contested mark over the years , McCartin got beaten but wasn’t flogged

He will learn , wouldn’t even be a dozen games yet as a kd

not sure he will learn actually- that was his problem as a forward when in a contest he could be out bodied. Why it works as a defender is because he just takes front position and runs straight at it - if gets caught in the body strength contests he will still be in trouble but I’m happy with him just flying for Mark’s

I thought he was very silky

Maybe. Like I said just didnt stick out compared to the other inside mids for me. If I watch a replay I'll keep an eye out.

what a season this has been already. 4-0, I cant believe it. I had such low expectations to start the year. One for the ages.
Hewitt - I have been a big George fan in the past, but get him out of the backline Horse, that is not his go. He can tag in the midfield or our forward line, but he's not a defender. TBH, I think he should make way for someone else at this point.
McInerney - does not look like an AFL player at all, but you gotta love his work. All he does is score or score assist. Sooner or later, one of these unlikely young stars is going to come back to earth. Either him, or Wicks, or Errol, or Campbell. Surely.But until then...WE FEAST ON OUR ENEMIES CORPSES!!!!Bwahahaha!!!:knife::knife::knife::knife::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::forkknife::gun::knife::knife::knife::scissors::scissors::syringe::smoking:

I really loved what I saw from Logan last night. I mean obviously he didn't do much. 7 possessions, no score and no marks is by any mark not a good game for a key forward. But he worked his arse off, every time he was on screen he was throwing his weight around, laying tackles, chasing, scrapping to get the ball any way he could. He was on the ground fighting for the pill more than he was in the air flying for it. I knew he had skill but last night felt like the first time I saw a real physical presence from him when we needed it.

Huge huge fan of that stuff. It’s an old cliche but keep yourself in the game, if the ball is slippery or you’re just not having a good night, stay in it and do the little things. That’s Logan to a fault.

I still think we’re the perfect team for him. Good harmony, genuine targets up forward so he hasn’t got the weight of expectation on his shoulders from thousands of norf supporters who expect him to be their savior.

He can kick the 2-3 goals or he can kick 0. A solid 30 goal season would be enough in my opinion, then after another preseason watch him really burst onto the scene.

what a season this has been already. 4-0, I cant believe it. I had such low expectations to start the year. One for the ages.
Hewitt - I have been a big George fan in the past, but get him out of the backline Horse, that is not his go. He can tag in the midfield or our forward line, but he's not a defender. TBH, I think he should make way for someone else at this point.
McInerney - does not look like an AFL player at all, but you gotta love his work. All he does is score or score assist. Sooner or later, one of these unlikely young stars is going to come back to earth. Either him, or Wicks, or Errol, or Campbell. Surely.But until then...WE FEAST ON OUR ENEMIES CORPSES!!!!Bwahahaha!!!:knife::knife::knife::knife::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::forkknife::gun::knife::knife::knife::scissors::scissors::syringe::smoking:

I disagree that any of those players are unlikely stars.

As an old coach once said "the kick travels a lot faster than the runner". The first few metres to get clear are probably more important. I believe Melican is just about our fastest.

melicans weaknesses will be magnified by the current footy - he is a guy who just gets caught trailing leading forwards - and that’s on the old footy where there was no leading room. It’s worse now and he will be more exposed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lolz @ the Dons melts. I've now discovered that the AFL gives us every advantage including the directive to the umpires to cheat to make us win. I'm guessing that the umpires misheard the instructions against Adelaide two weeks ago, when they had literally double our number of free kicks.
I feel like going back there and triggering them by simply typing "Sam Reid".
I don't know why I did it, but I just did........

Callum Mills, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a first offence of making Careless Contact with an Umpire (Craig Fleer) during the first quarter of the Round Four match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Thursday April 8.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Contact with an Umpire. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Kyle Langford, Essendon, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Chad Warner, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Round Four match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Thursday April 8.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

According to Essendon supporters, that was just Callum Mills slipping the umpire a hungee

According to Essendon supporters, that was just Callum Mills slipping the umpire a hungee
Googles 'hungee'

Hungee is a salt water pokémon that usually live between two sandbanks. It has an unquenchable need for food and will eat till it evolves. Hungee likes to lick people and is known to be sexually attracted to humans.

Sometimes I regret missing out on a classical education.

Reid has always marked well if he can run at the ball from a slight angle and body his opponent. Saw at least 2 like that last night.
Yes of course but I meant

Reid 6 contested marks, on a dewy night, equaled his 2nd best effort in a single game (other 2019) with his best (7) coming 4 years ago.

Before this game in 2021 has had 5 for the first 3 games combined.

Took 14 over 10 games in 2020...

Googles 'hungee'

Hungee is a salt water pokémon that usually live between two sandbanks. It has an unquenchable need for food and will eat till it evolves. Hungee likes to lick people and is known to be sexually attracted to humans.

Sometimes I regret missing out on a classical education.
LOL I meant a hungee as in one hundred dollars :D

I really loved what I saw from Logan last night. I mean obviously he didn't do much. 7 possessions, no score and no marks is by any mark not a good game for a key forward. But he worked his arse off, every time he was on screen he was throwing his weight around, laying tackles, chasing, scrapping to get the ball any way he could. He was on the ground fighting for the pill more than he was in the air flying for it. I knew he had skill but last night felt like the first time I saw a real physical presence from him when we needed it.

You must have adored Reid for the last decade then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back