Preview Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats, Rd 7, Saturday May 1 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited for accuracy
Well don't speak for me in that instance.

Horse and the coaches make mistakes as do the players.

But the idea that week 1 - 3 was following the assistant coaches' gameplan and then it suddenly switched over to some other gameplan that Horse dictated is ridiculous. That was my point.

McDonald and Campbell named in VFL
I'm not sure how I feel about that. We've had a rush of blood with the first 4 wins but I'm starting to realise that we're still very much in rebuild stage even though our young talent is fantastic. I'd like to keep playing the kids but it might not be the best thing for them.

I mean I sorta get why they are dropping the kids, but cant help but feel they are taking most of the blame here. I feel like its no good for them if they just come in and out of the side. Rhythm and consistency matters in sport. As soon as we lose 2 in a row and things get rocky they get dropped. Would rather back them in for like 10-15 games or so and see how they go before making that call. Gonna be ups and downs for sure I get that but a bit harsh on them.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. We've had a rush of blood with the first 4 wins but I'm starting to realise that we're still very much in rebuild stage even though our young talent is fantastic. I'd like to keep playing the kids but it might not be the best thing for them.

Yeah I'm sure they will both end up playing plenty of senior footy this year. Their form has just hit a wall. Who knows, Errol might end up the same at some point and be in the VFL. Ideally we want them in the team by September... if we get there. So however we have to pace their senior appearances in the mean time, we should do it.

There's also still an abundance of youth in the team already in Blakey (or Stephens?), McCartin, Rowbottom, Warner, McInerney, Errol, Wicks, McLean... so it's not like we're not still taking big strides with our rebuild.

Both stuffed..
Campbell was stuffed last weekend. Probs shouldn't have played as sub.
Thats fine. They have to be managed.
*i'd imagine both would be emergencies for the main side as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not finding our VFL team for this week anywhere, so looking forward to a link, will tell us who else is in probably.

I don’t have too much of an issue with this but by the same token wouldn’t have been up in arms if Campbell had stayed in the firsts. Kind of, meh, he’s had a nice little run of games and now’s a chance for the kid to recharge the batteries and work on a few things in the twos.

I could also see Gulden getting a spell in the reserves in the next week or so (although that may depend in part on how Papley’s apparent injury goes). He hasn’t kicked a goal since Rd 2 and may benefit from a bit of a rest soon.

Based on the reserves ins/outs. I am assuming it is McCartin for Brand, COR for Hewett and Stephens for Blakey. But I am not sure who comes in for Reid.
Obviously Buddy !

I think sinkers for Reid and Hickey back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back