Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh not really? They are small forwards. They're there to kick goals or set goals up for others. Papley has done that better than any small forward in the last five years IMO.
Ahh taking a single arbitrary stat to compare two players when Greene started in a start up club playing midfield is incredibly misleading.

Yeah that surprised me, hence the 'at horrific times' where he's risked it in finals.

For some reason I also incorrectly remembered it being him that asked where Ben McGlynn's premiership medal was. But no, that was Bugg - which is of no surprise.
Let’s be honest.
Greene‘s modus operandi is cheap shots and niggles. They lead to free kicks for him, not suspensions against. Total D ....

Ahh taking a singlje arbitrary stat to compare two players when Greene started in a start up club playing midfield is incredibly misleading.

Aww poor Greene

He's been a forward who has rotated through the mids from day dot. He is better in the midfield than Papley no doubt, he's had some great games there. But that wasn't the point. It was who I'd have and right now they are both small forwards and Papley's a better one.

Aww poor Greene

He's been a forward who has rotated through the mids from day dot. He is better in the midfield than Papley no doubt, he's had some great games there. But that wasn't the point. It was who I'd have and right now they are both small forwards and Papley's a better one.
Greene was a real promising midfielder who had to reinvent himself as a forward once his form dropped and he lost his spot in the middle.

Greene as a forward has been better every year than Papley has. Nothing against Papley but Greene is a brilliant medium forward and is currently in career best form.

I hate the guy but gawd is he good.

I thought it was amusing the media hype after the first three rounds which seemed to disappear after round 4 even though we still won.
It‘s hard to maintain that level of outrage unless Eddie is driving it from his soap box every night. The Swans are lucky that Eddy is on the nose for most people In the game.

Greene was a real promising midfielder who had to reinvent himself as a forward once his form dropped and he lost his spot in the middle.

Greene as a forward has been better every year than Papley has. Nothing against Papley but Greene is a brilliant medium forward and is currently in career best form.

I hate the guy but gawd is he good.

Fawn away then.

I'll take Paps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aww poor Greene

This is a really weird point for you to get hung up on, much less your attitude to two people who have pointed out the flaw in your argument.

He's not even a small forward now.

Have noticed this in a few interactions with you now. Be better.

This is a really weird point for you to get hung up on, much less your attitude to two people who have pointed out the flaw in your argument.

Have noticed this in a few interactions with you now. Be better.

I don't think Greene playing a few games as a starting midfielder and the rest of the time being a stationed small forward who rotated through the centre bounces a few times a match makes him a midfielder. To me he is a small forward whose had stints in the midfield, just like Papley. He's done better as a mid than Papley, but I think Papley's done better as a small forward than Greene. Since they are both now small forwards, I would have Papley.

Not hung up on it, it's just my opinion, you responded to it in the first place.

Those are the best players to have on your side though. Same with Greene, or Milne. Hate them as an opposition player but if they were in your colours you'd love their attitude.

stephen milne?!! no fckng way! he was a grub of the highest order on and off the field ... there are some things beyond compromise ...
i rate greene, and always liked him because the victorian football world, especially the media, hate him ... he's a genuine star ...

Hey Swans fans! Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm going to the game tomorrow, my first at the SCG of any sport, and was wondering if the museum is open on game days. I'd love to check it out if possible.

Hoping for a good game and a bag for Buddy!
Dude you have navigated the internet to get here. Try Google Syd museum opening hours!!

Dude you have navigated the internet to get here. Try Google Syd museum opening hours!!
Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you could narrow down where on the SCG site I may find the hours seeing as I couldn't find them when I tried this prior to asking the question.

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps you could narrow down where on the SCG site I may find the hours seeing as I couldn't find them when I tried this prior to asking the question.

I found this. Over on the right hand side - looks like it's only via tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back