Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're being disingenuous. You know that was not the inly issue in that situation.
You are entitled to think what you like. But you are only second guessing my intent.

My point is more around supporters backing their players to in if they play well in the jumper, regardless of their indiscretions. Once they jump ship, they are fair game for their off field attitude and behaviour.

TT is a pr**k. Wanted him gone after the driving video. Thought it was the last straw.

Player indiscretions always seem to get a pass if they’re somewhat good. Stringer’s alleged affair doesn’t seem to worry most Essendon supporters. Clarry’s seemed to be battling issues at Melbourne for quite some time yet was still given a godfather contract.

If TT was a fringe player with limited traits he would’ve gotten the sack 100%. Not many would’ve argued against it either.

Can’t wait to see him play this year

If you want to understand why indigenous people are over represented in the legal system I suggest you visit Alice Spring's on your next holiday.

Or Katherine.

Or Darwin.

End of the day lower socio economic groups are always over represented no matter the colour of their skin. That's a fact.

Please elaborate on Alice, Katherine and Darwin?

Without trying to defend TT or his previous actions, it does seem like hopefully that he has finally pulled his head in after his last court appearance, and not really done anything bad (off field) since then.

Now Whether you think he should have been allowed to continue to play AFL is another story, but so far so good with his off field conduct in the 18 months or so.

Obviously one more incident (esp involving threats or abuse of women) and he is out of the AFL for good.

I just hope that TT continues his rehabilitation off field and has learnt and matured from past mistakes.

You are entitled to think what you like. But you are only second guessing my intent.

My point is more around supporters backing their players to in if they play well in the jumper, regardless of their indiscretions. Once they jump ship, they are fair game for their off field attitude and behaviour.
Finally someone gets it

TT is a pr**k. Wanted him gone after the driving video. Thought it was the last straw.

Player indiscretions always seem to get a pass if they’re somewhat good. Stringer’s alleged affair doesn’t seem to worry most Essendon supporters. Clarry’s seemed to be battling issues at Melbourne for quite some time yet was still given a godfather contract.

If TT was a fringe player with limited traits he would’ve gotten the sack 100%. Not many would’ve argued against it either.

yes, a player with more talent will get more chances than a player with less talent. yes, that is reasonable.

is it frustrating that a player with more talent takes it for granted and does the wrong thing on several occasions? yes, that's a reasonable.

most of the time life isn't binary, but it's unreasonable to be illogical.

The vast majority of North supporters do not like Tarryn Thomas and know he has a lot of problems. He wouldn't be in the system if not for his considerable talent.

Thomas needs a lot of help and guidance in his personal life and the club continue to work hard to educate him and try and provide him with mentors when he appears to have so little.

Regardless of the above, when certain people run around bending the truth as they try to create a narrative and score points, they should expect push back, notwithstanding the extraordinary situational irony.

I’m not the one fabricating what you posted.

I stand by my thoughts that Thomas is piece of crap and should be in jail.

What was reported he did was serious and required intervention, but clean record and great chances of eradicating the behaviours means he shouldn’t have been close to going to prison.

Last edited:

Did Stringer actually break any laws?

Not sure why Stringer always gets thrown in to these conversations. In my view unfairly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well hopefully he didn't do anything wrong.
Why would she talk to AFL anyway.
She should call the police if he has acted in a criminal matter towards her.
If not true I could see it being a jilted ex getting one back on him

His ex with 2 kids with another man

Last edited:
Well hopefully he didn't do anything wrong.
Why would she talk to AFL anyway.
She should call the police if he has acted in a criminal matter towards her.
What's not to say that she hasn't?

I feel like North should have traded him when he got back on track 2nd half of the year. Thomas wanted to stay & repay the faith but I would have made the hard decision based off his history, but I can see why they didn't as he showed in some games he was one of their best players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back