List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And we wont agree for a mid teens pick for Mitchell....... Off contract players, when you have a salary cap squeeze like port do you wont get the world

We didn't there were later upgrades in our way.

I don't want to sell the farm especially when the draft is meant to be elite for Pittard who has issues sometimes. Waste of time in my view when we can get potentially a great KPP in a strong tall draft

I don't want to sell the farm especially when the draft is meant to be elite for Pittard who has issues sometimes. Waste of time in my view when we can get potentially a great KPP in a strong tall draft
1 late first rounder is hardly "selling the farm"

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is when there should be much better prospects available in the draft. We need Tippett and Buddy replacements eventually

I think that we have very different interpretations on what "selling the farm" means.

hes a free agent. He wont cost us anything.

It is when there should be much better prospects available in the draft. We need Tippett and Buddy replacements eventually

i agree we need to get a tall forward next year but say we finish second like a lot of people have us doing, is there really going to a decent tall forward at that pick? good tall forwards usually go a lot earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic overrating of draft picks as usual. Jasper Pittard is on track to play 200+ games, probably almost another 100 after this season. Very good to excellent in his position, a better return than the majority of late first round picks are going to do.

But this is Bigfooty, throw the facts out the window and pretend that trading away pick 17 means we are giving up the next Gary Ablett Jnr.

i agree we need to get a tall forward next year but say we finish second like a lot of people have us doing, is there really going to a decent tall forward at that pick? good tall forwards usually go a lot earlier.
I think your 100% right, excluding father sons/Academy/zone selection . Just about every gun tall forward was a top 10 pick.

Classic overrating of draft picks as usual. Jasper Pittard is on track to play 200+ games, probably almost another 100 after this season. Very good to excellent in his position, a better return than the majority of late first round picks are going to do.

But this is Bigfooty, throw the facts out the window and pretend that trading away pick 17 means we are giving up the next Gary Ablett Jnr.
Which facts have been thrown out the window?

Btw the next Gary Ablett Jnr will probably go father son to geelong or the gold Coast. Doubt bidding pick 17 will get it done.

It's a very deep KPP draft plenty of quality talks still there at that range.

I think your 100% right, excluding father sons/Academy/zone selection . Just about every gun tall forward was a top 10 pick.
Time to re post that excellent article by (was it swansfan51?) about the value of draft picks and recruiting strategy. The best KPF are almost exclusively very high picks except for the surprisingly large number that were exclusively drafted as F/S before you had to pay market value for them, Zone selections or GCS & GWS start ups.

If its so hard to draft quality talent, why do you always criticise Beatsons drafting?

If its so hard to draft quality talent, why do you always criticise Beatsons drafting?
Because I measured him against the AFL average and he fell well short.

Because I measured him against the AFL average and he fell well short.
You measured it by games played from memory, clubs like melb or carl have had no option but to give games to duds who wouldn't get game time at better clubs. Games played is no reflection whatsoever.

You measured it by games played from memory, clubs like melb or carl have had no option but to give games to duds who wouldn't get game time at better clubs. Games played is no reflection whatsoever.
It was a far better measure than "the vibe".

Can you do it by brownlow votes? Bonus points for rating current AFL recruiters by Craig Birds

To quote you from earlier today "this is Bigfooty let's throw facts out the window"

The fact is since 2007 Kinnear Beatson is the list manager at a club that has missed finals once, played in 3 grandfinals and won a premiership.

The cats and hawks list managers in that time have him covered. You could argue the pies and dogs managers are equal, but the average recruiter is miles behind.

The vibe has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back