The absolute state of Channel 7 commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve long wondered what this guy’s IQ is. I am regularly impressed at his ability to recall information, names, dates, numbers, etc.

His humour goes over a few heads but
I think he is operating on a different level to most.

Very impressive inidividual in my opinion.

I’ve long wondered what this guy’s IQ is. I am regularly impressed at his ability to recall information, names, dates, numbers, etc.

Sup BT.

Bruce is ******* s**t now and has been for ages. He just repeats the name of the player over and over again, or tries to fit in as many references to America as he possibly can without taking a breathe.

Don't get me wrong, I want excitement in the box, I want a bit of personality but I just want competent, quality commentators who talk about the flow of the game, and the stats in relation to where it is at that point in time. I want a moment by moment call, I don't want argy bargy in the box, I don't want to hear the same commentator frothing over their obviously favourite player to the point where it causes people to actually hate the player (re Cyril)

I want a totally unbiased call that hasn't been written to fit a narrative by some ******* channel 7 screen writer and a a couple of crabs from the HUN

I want half a dozen Huddos if I'm being honest

BT? My 8 year old would have a higher IQ than him.

They have a screen in front of them which flashes stats, random facts, names dates, etc, controlled by a team of producers.

Whilst watching AFL, I often get reminded of a conference I had attended which was full of executives from various professional sporting codes, including AFL. One particular league CEO, during his presentation at the event, was continuously referring to the ‘golden thread of narrative’ and how their particular league did everything in its power to maintain it. In their view, the narrative was more important than the result itself. This speech was completely un-controversial at the event.

Bruce needs to be put down, isn't that what they do with broken down hacks.
His sickening love call of Rance Cotchin and Dusty against Hawthorn would have to go down as the most sickening one eyed commentary ever normal people should ever have to listen to.
But stay tuned, there will be more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son works with him at the footy. Reckons he's a lovely feller, and my boy's not easily impressed. When I mentioned Brian, my son asked, "Is he the big bloke? The really big bloke?"

My son is not a football follower.

The boy disgraced himself, and our family, by leaving the Grand Final a couple of years ago, the moment the ball was bounced. He reasoned his work was done and that he wasn't going to be paid any more for sticking around. If he weren't such a good bloke, I'd disown him.

I came in here to say how Bruce disgraced himself with tonight's call but I see everyone has it covered. Guess I'm not the only one that'll celebrate when he's retired and off the tv for good.

Who was the journo who asked Bucks if Cox's game was on of the best finals he'd ever seen? Did that clown only start watching footy this year? Bucks would only have to dig into his home video collection to unearth some better games.
If we're talking PFs, that dude needs a copy of the '99 PF. Or Darren Jarman in 97 or 98 (don't remember which year he went berserk in the final quarter).

If we're talking PFs, that dude needs a copy of the '99 PF. Or Darren Jarman in 97 or 98 (don't remember which year he went berserk in the final quarter).
Gary Snr had a fairly decent 89 finals series from memory
7,8,9 goals in three games

Bruce needs to be put down, isn't that what they do with broken down hacks.
His sickening love call of Rance Cotchin and Dusty against Hawthorn would have to go down as the most sickening one eyed commentary ever normal people should ever have to listen to.
But stay tuned, there will be more.
I was pretty sick (not contagious) and still went to the footy because I knew the commentary would be unbearable. I can't watch the footy on tv with some people because I need to turn it down or put it on mute, I'm totally done with commentators, I'm not a guy that gets tilted too badly losing to teams I hate, but commentators'll do the job on me. I particularly hate Carey unlike some, nothing worse than him and King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back