The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is nothing new. One of the local MPs has been campaigning for years about it as the little guys just can't compete with the blokes churning out billions of litres of garbage each year.
Yeah I know but nows a perfect time do so. When things go back to the norm, the big issue is that not many will be willing to spend as much either considering everyone's in the shitter.

Yeah I know but nows a perfect time do so. When things go back to the norm, the big issue is that not many will be willing to spend as much either considering everyone's in the shitter.
The Government already has an eye on how it will recoup the billions spent on stimulus and unfortunately alcohol/cigarette/petrol tax etc are easy targets and almost never go down.

Went in for some whiskey but ended up getting a 6 pack of these cause it’s not 15 bucks but also cause these guys are only a couple kms down the road from and we gotta support local.

image.jpg image.jpg

Yeah not overly special but it’s not bad especially during these times and at that price point. I’d genuinely spend my money on them rather than on the mass produced crap and even guys like Coopers.

Hrmm...
befa39796b58834e2f5d9cdee5b2cd14.jpg

Enjoy the froffs! Some great beers in that cube
Can't recall ever tasting Cheeky Monkey brews before, something steered me away from them but I've worked my way through most of the mixed cube and and I was mostly pleased with it. The hazy Ipa's were yum as was the red Ipa (Imperial Monk), in some strong beers the alcohol just hits you in the face but the Monk at 8.3% was pretty well balanced. I wasn't really a fan of the pale but I've gone off straight pales in general.
I found the head pretty thin on most of the beers, had to pour it into the glass pretty aggressively to generate a head and it dissipated quite quickly. All in all pretty good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't recall ever tasting Cheeky Monkey brews before, something steered me away from them but I've worked my way through most of the mixed cube and and I was mostly pleased with it. The hazy Ipa's were yum as was the red Ipa (Imperial Monk), in some strong beers the alcohol just hits you in the face but the Monk at 8.3% was pretty well balanced. I wasn't really a fan of the pale but I've gone off straight pales in general.
I found the head pretty thin on most of the beers, had to pour it into the glass pretty aggressively to generate a head and it dissipated quite quickly. All in all pretty good though.

They've had some staff changes but in my opinion the beers haven't suffered from that. They're as good as they were when Ross was there.

I reckon that Nannup beer was slipped in there to clear stock. It's a fine lawnmowing beer but nothing to get too excited about. Great value all in all.

I'm a big fan of it, particularly on tap. It's so mellow compared to the OG Hog. But I do like my barrel aged beers too. It's definitely not for everyone
Yeah i loved this one even tho I'm not the biggest fan of barrel aged beers.

I picked up this one this arvo. I'm getting a strong mosaic vibe which is not my jam usually but when it's balanced with other hops it's bearable. Nice mouthfeel, no bitterness. Pretty bang on for style, packaged a fortnight ago and about $20/4pk.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200418174418000_COVER-01.jpeg

I picked up this one this arvo. I'm getting a strong mosaic vibe which is not my jam usually but when it's balanced with other hops it's bearable. Nice mouthfeel, no bitterness. Pretty bang on for style, packaged a fortnight ago and about $20/4pk.

View attachment 860207
Yeah like these, also tried a single hop hazy IPA that was good as well. Daintons beers are pretty tasty right across their range.

Love how the "cheap" whiskey result for Dan Murphy's comes up with an $8,000 bottle of scotch.
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 4.47.10 PM.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back