The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

7.1% and best before 3/7/21

$0.47/std drink
Crazy price and the greatest bargain of all time if it isn't spoiled. Reminds me of the time I spotted a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in the fridge of a country bottle shop with a $7.99 price sticker on it, the person on the till didn't bat an eyelid. "Start the car"

I’ll hit up my local bottlo on the weekend, hopefully they’ve made it there by then. The craft beer scene has exploded at suburban bottlos lately, our little Liquir Barons ay Hillarys just got redone, increased massively in size, and stock a massive range of craftys. Got some of Cheeky Monkey 3 bears from there a few weeks back. Didn’t rate them that much though. Too sweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll hit up my local bottlo on the weekend, hopefully they’ve made it there by then. The craft beer scene has exploded at suburban bottlos lately, our little Liquir Barons ay Hillarys just got redone, increased massively in size, and stock a massive range of craftys. Got some of Cheeky Monkey 3 bears from there a few weeks back. Didn’t rate them that much though. Too sweet

Yeah I didn't rate 3 Bears either. Their previous iterations in the series have been really good, though.

Agreed. Super tubes was good, as were the other 2, can’t remember their names. I don’t rate the Oat Cream ones, bit too creamy and sweet. Biggie is probably as sweet as I’ll go these days. The Balter Hazy is really good as well. think they’ve just started making that year round, after it being a limited release

Agreed. Super tubes was good, as were the other 2, can’t remember their names. I don’t rate the Oat Cream ones, bit too creamy and sweet. Biggie is probably as sweet as I’ll go these days. The Balter Hazy is really good as well. think they’ve just started making that year round, after it being a limited release

Imperial oat creams are better, bit of booze to prop them up. Blasta do a beauty. I'm really looking forward to imperial Biggie as the booze seems to suit the style. Can't see any world where I don't grab a cube of it.

Yeah cant say im a fan of the Oat Creams either. They give me a cracking headache after one.

Balter Hazy on tap is mint too , had it at Varsity last weekend and went down wayyyyyyyy to easy.

Been dry for 5 weeks now. Thats gonna change tomorrow night. Imperial on the top of my agenda. What other IPA's and NEIPA's should I try?

Been dry for 5 weeks now. Thats gonna change tomorrow night. Imperial on the top of my agenda. What other IPA's and NEIPA's should I try?
Get any of the various Mr Banks (Seaford, Victoria) NEIPAs if you can, love them. Cake Eater is probably the pick of the bunch (they bring out limited runs with different hops each time), but hazy IPAs/NEIPAs is his sweet spot.

The Squid series from Mornington Peninsula Brewery is also decent, with Squid Supremacy the pick of the bunch (and the heaviest).

Range Brewing (QLD) also excellent.

For sure. Gunna grab a cube on the weekend. And then proceed to the hide the fact that I spent $80 on 16 beers from the wife
I got the Marge Simpson "mmmmmmmhhhhhhh" when she saw me buy a 4pk of seasonal Modus a couple of year back at IBS.

I don't think I got change from $50.

I'm stocking up for baseball playoffs and the Finals. For baseball it will be homemade Michelada's..Revolver Blood & Honey (Local Craft) and some Pappy Van Winkles bourbon. For the Eagles run to flag I have been searching locally (Dallas/Fort Worth) for Australian wet your whistle fare. As usual all that is available is Coopers. The Pale Ale is 7.99 USD so I'm good with it. My only Australian spirits find has been Starward Nova. If anyone has a take on that whisky brand it would be appreciated.

I'm stocking up for baseball playoffs and the Finals. For baseball it will be homemade Michelada's..Revolver Blood & Honey (Local Craft) and some Pappy Van Winkles bourbon. For the Eagles run to flag I have been searching locally (Dallas/Fort Worth) for Australian wet your whistle fare. As usual all that is available is Coopers. The Pale Ale is 7.99 USD so I'm good with it. My only Australian spirits find has been Starward Nova. If anyone has a take on that whisky brand it would be appreciated.

I guess it's not too surprising to find out Aussies aren't exporting into a saturated US market and are instead focussing on places like Singapore.

Is there much over there from NZ?

Give the Starward a go. I don't think they are as boutique as they once were [increased their range to include mid tiers (Nova) or sold out?] but I rate what I've had from them. Smooth, warm. It'll take you where you wanna go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back