The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried Beer Farm's plum sour this afternoon after getting in a 2 hour fight with my car over whether or not I could rip the old alternator out and then kicked and screamed when I put a shiny new one in.

Very tasty sour, would get it again.
I rate these guys a lot. All their beers are so balanced which I respect. Always very well priced too. Never seen that one in cans so hopefully it's not far off

I rate these guys a lot. All their beers are so balanced which I respect. Always very well priced too. Never seen that one in cans so hopefully it's not far off

Really? It's the Asam Boi you can't get at most BWS's and Dan Murphy's.

I heard the new batch wasn’t very good. Used a different hop or something?

Yeah they did something different and rebrewed it to the orig formula. Apparently if you bring in the reciept for the previous batch they'll replace it for free.
I like Rocky ridge so wouldn't do it anyways, the other batch was still good in my opinion.

Long time reader, first time poster.

No matter your opinions of certain breweries and their beverages, it's almost mind-blowing at times seeing the explosion of craft beer in WA. It wasn't that long ago that the choice of beer at your average pub was either Emu or Swan.

I'm guessing somewhere after the Cheeky ECIPA which is 7.5% I'll be well on my way!

An absolute gem, in fact most of the Cheeky range are great, quickly becoming one of my favourites.

Yeah they did something different and rebrewed it to the orig formula. Apparently if you bring in the reciept for the previous batch they'll replace it for free.
I like Rocky ridge so wouldn't do it anyways, the other batch was still good in my opinion.
I saw a post on their Facebook page dated 4 March saying V8.5 would be released in "6 weeks or so"...maybe you saw the V8?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter your opinions of certain breweries and their beverages, it's almost mind-blowing at times seeing the explosion of craft beer in WA. It wasn't that long ago that the choice of beer at your average pub was either Emu or Swan.

An absolute gem, in fact most of the Cheeky range are great, quickly becoming one of my favourites.

I remember going to cheeky monkey when they first opened the doors and being really disappointed.. now they are killing it.

It's great to see the craft beer explosion. My neighbor is gobsmacked about the price I pay for some of the craft beers I drink but I keep reminding him he's drinking the equivalent of polony sangas.
*bthe big companies and suport all these local guys who had the balls to start brewing...

Tried the new King Rampant sour by Blasta last night, really good. It's the second sour of theirs I've had and both have been delicious.
Their sours are all ****ed up kinda good. Had four so far and each as mind blowing as the last. Lucky to call it my local essentially

Anyone been to Baileys in the swan valley yet?
I'm not sure if I was having a bad day but I went on Sunday and I've got to say it's some of the blandest beer I've ever tried

Been a fan of that for years. Pretty stoked for it to be back if I’m honest. Probably go well for the dogs game this week

Their normal IPL is one of my favourite beers and I didn't know of this variant until today.

It's damn good, but reckon if I did the whole 4 pack in one sitting I'd be on my ear.

Their sours are all f’ed up kinda good. Had four so far and each as mind blowing as the last. Lucky to call it my local essentially

Yeah they're top shelf. The 2 that I've had I've found myself savouring every sip it's so good. They really know how to do their sours for sure.

Their normal IPL is one of my favourite beers and I didn't know of this variant until today.

It's damn good, but reckon if I did the whole 4 pack in one sitting I'd be on my ear.

Yeah they're top shelf. The 2 that I've had I've found myself savouring every sip it's so good. They really know how to do their sours for sure.
Check out their newest drop

3ECF437B-70C8-4837-82EB-66C4722F32F6.png

Actually that was ages ago

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Actually that was ages ago

Depending on your definition of ages, but 20 years ago definitely nowhere near the variety we have now.

Otherside has become one of my favourites, namely their experimental range. Not a single miss amongst them so far.

Depending on your definition of ages, but 20 years ago definitely nowhere near the variety we have now.

Otherside has become one of my favourites, namely their experimental range. Not a single miss amongst them so far.
Maybe not that long ago but i agree that beer has come along way.having said that I think theres so much room for easy drinking /affordable beers nowadays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back