The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No sh*t, $30 a 4 pack!
Yeah a case was 160 odd but * I gotsta be drinking that all day xmas so worth it. They did comp me a free can of another lager which was ******* ace... Sea Legs tropical lager. Almost as good, half the price haha

So anyone been to Baileys in the swan valley?
I went a while ago and wasn't impressed but I thought to be fair I'd give it another shot.
Food was great this time but all the beers were ridiculously bland, just no flavour at all (even from their hazy ipa)

I went a while ago and wasn't impressed but I thought to be fair I'd give it another shot.
Food was great this time but all the beers were ridiculously bland, just no flavour at all (even from their hazy ipa)

Yeah i was pretty underwhelmed.

Wasn't terrible or anything but wasn't worth going out of the way to go too.

So on your second visit the beers still sucked?

King Rd had this problem too. Beautiful venue, nice pizzas, poor beer. They've resolved it now.

There's not enough people with the experience required to produce commercial volumes of beer to how many venues are opening. Great home brewers can't immediately be great commercial brewers. The science might be the same but upscaling is not simple, nor is understanding how a commercial brewery operates.

So on your second visit the beers still sucked?

King Rd had this problem too. Beautiful venue, nice pizzas, poor beer. They've resolved it now.

There's not enough people with the experience required to produce commercial volumes of beer to how many venues are opening. Great home brewers can't immediately be great commercial brewers. The science might be the same but upscaling is not simple, nor is understanding how a commercial brewery operates.
Yeah I went to King Rd when it was just the one building not long after they'd opened, amazing how they've built it up over the last few years.

Don't get me wrong, the beers weren't bad or offensive tasting at Baileys, they were just lacking flavour. Tried the summer ale, pale ale, red ale, hazy ipa and they were all just lacking flavour.
The food, setting and service were all top notch though.

I went a few weeks back, I quite enjoyed it. More for the space and the food and the places for the kids to run around and leave me alone with my beer 😂 I agree the Hazy wasn’t that good, but the red ale was quality.

I went a few weeks back, I quite enjoyed it. More for the space and the food and the places for the kids to run around and leave me alone with my beer 😂 I agree the Hazy wasn’t that good, but the red ale was quality.
It's definitely a nice spot.
I tried the red ale, I didn't mind it but I got a strange aftertaste from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back