The Changing Face Of The Premiership Favourite

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood at $1.70 the first team in red figures for the 2023 premiership, after maintaining premiership favouritism since round 3.
Going to be another Pies GF loss Fadgey.
The blueprint to win was exposed last night. With McStay out you physically target Elliot, Hill and Collingwood won’t kick a score to win. Sit someone on Degoey, target Naicos and play a decoy tall on Moore.
Game done, winner either Brisbane or Carlton. It’s going to be too easy.

The blueprint to win was exposed last night. With McStay out you physically target Elliot, Hill and Collingwood won’t kick a score to win. Sit someone on Degoey, target Naicos and play a decoy tall on Moore.
Im confident Fagan will use this blueprint word for word

I love how not only has Dan McStay become Wayne Carey v2 this finals series, but John Noble has also become Andrew McLeod v2...

I love how not only has Dan McStay become Wayne Carey v2 this finals series, but John Noble has also become Andrew McLeod v2...
Shows the standard of the season really. Pretty poor.

But…. At the end of the day the pies will have another trophy in their cabinet. A flags a flag.

I don't know how people can see the Pies winning the flag as a foregone conclusion. They scored 58 points in a prelim, their best mid looks very underdone and they lost their most damaging forward.

This year's GF will be a genuine coin toss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how people can see the Pies winning the flag as a foregone conclusion. They scored 58 points in a prelim, their best mid looks very underdone and they lost their most damaging forward.
McStay - the bloke everyone laughed at us about when we brought him across and has played in only half our games this season - is our most damaging forward now?

McStay - the bloke everyone laughed at us about when we brought him across and has played in only half our games this season - is our most damaging forward now?

He certainly was yesterday, and I have always been a McStay fan and think most Lions have and would be happy to see him find success.

Then Pies should have lost most of their games after the first 3 rounds.... easy to beat you say.

Lol, and this is why you're just a bigfooty forum poster and not a professional sports coach or tactician.

If Pies lose, it will be because either lions or blues is the better team on the day.

He certainly was yesterday, and I have always been a McStay fan and think most Lions have and would be happy to see him find success.
Agreed.

But if he wasn't marking those, the ball would be on the ground and more opportunities for the small forwards for Pies.

You only need 58 points if you can restrict the opposition to less than that. Simple really.

You'd get away with that against Carlton, maybe. Brisbane have only kicked under 60 once this year very early in the season.

Im confident Fagan will use this blueprint word for word

Fagan actually gets all his coaching advice from bigfooty. It’s why he dropped Gunston.

You'd get away with that against Carlton, maybe. Brisbane have only kicked under 60 once this year very early in the season.

I’d be surprised if the Pies didn’t score more in a day grand final.

these night finals at the G haven’t been producing big scores in general. 11 goals to the blues is the biggest return so far.

these night finals at the G haven’t been producing big scores in general. 11 goals to the blues is the biggest return so far.

IMO it's too simplistic to blame the time of day.

I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out. What do you think it is about the night finals that is making it so hard to score?

Except for covid year *2020
To be fair last year was pretty average as well. Last years grand finalists were meek this season. One and more than done.

Reminds me of the year Leyton Hewitt was the number one tennis player in the world.

The Sampras and Agassi era had concluded and Federers hadn’t commenced.

But he was still the best in the world at that time, and no one can take that away from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back