The Changing Face Of The Premiership Favourite

Remove this Banner Ad

I am more confident after last night.

I hope we meet Carlton in the GF.
It would be a promoters dream and we would absolutely pants them.
You were beaten at the 'G not long ago when you were basically at full strength, sans Walsh and Cerra for a half of football.

I'd be packing extra undies if a GF ever does eventuate.

Could you imagine a pies v gws prelim - wonder if there would be any yips from 2019 ...
Pies have played both GWS and Port at the G this season. Neither could get within 65 points.

There’s never any guarantee when it comes to Collingwood and GFs but Pies will win the prelim with ease irrespective of their opponent. Maynard could be their only exclusion to their best 23 side.

Brisbane my pick. Don't think anyones beating them at the Gabba and don't think the Pies have any of the necessary tools to beat them even at the G if they face off in a GF.

I think a Pies v Lions GF would be the best possible matchup, IMO.

A bit of history as well as it's the 20 year anniversary of the three-peat. The Lions streak over the Pies is ever present but there's also the MCG hoodoo for the Lions. There's a bit of everything about it IMO.

I'd actually be disappointed to play Port or GWS in a GF. If we're to make it, I want to play the Pies.

I think a Pies v Lions GF would be the best possible matchup, IMO.

A bit of history as well as it's the 20 year anniversary of the three-peat. The Lions streak over the Pies is ever present but there's also the MCG hoodoo for the Lions. There's a bit of everything about it IMO.

I'd actually be disappointed to play Port or GWS in a GF. If we're to make it, I want to play the Pies.

It is a kind of an unknown as well since the last time they played at the MCG against each other was in 2017. About time they played there again and why not on the grandest stage of them all?

Slight favourite, hardly surprising is it? I guess this is the time of the year when people get carried away with the elim final winner and write off the QF loser. Melbourne just lost to the 1st placed side, Carlton just beat the 10th placed side.

But Melbourne are currently playing as though they are 16th-18th on the ladder!!

1.Collingwood
2.Brisbane
3.Melbourne
4.GWS
5.Carlton
6.Port

Carlton
Brisbane
Collingwood
GWS
Port
Melbourne

Harry is very important. How many times in the last quarter did Charlie say stuff it and go and mark the ball on the wing himself, only to turn around and have no one to kick to. It is easy to laugh at his work inside 50 but he is one of the best CHF in the game.

May and Lever will dominate. Our best hope is Silvagni somehow getting up and De Koning playing a blinder up forward which is unlikely.
A couple of those marks were big important marks though

Thought Curnow was a big factor in the last quarter

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Which one of the following will the GF be?

Collingwood vs Melbourne
Collingwood vs Carlton
Collingwood vs Brisbane

Port vs Melbourne
Port vs Carlton
Port vs Brisbane

GWS vs Melbourhe
GWS vs Brisbane
GWS vs Carlton
Any matchup with Collingwood would make it the most frequent (or equal) GF match up.
Currently Coll v Melb has 7, while vs Carl is 6 and Fitz/Bris is 6.
Port has played Brisbane in 2004, while any other matchup would be the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton still #1 and the gap isn't even close.

Won 11 of the last 12. Only loss was a round 24 dead rubber with nothing to play for.

Lions already having nightmares about facing us in the prelim :$

My brother in christ, Carlton very nearly lost on Friday to a team that a) should've finished 12th, and
b) didn't show up until after half time. And actually Swans should've won, they had more than enough chances in the 4th, they just couldn't kick to save themselves.

Hope you’ve booked your timeslot for an SEN meltdown next week, I think they’ll be pretty full up so get in early

Carlton still #1 and the gap isn't even close.

Won 11 of the last 12. Only loss was a round 24 dead rubber with nothing to play for.

Lions already having nightmares about facing us in the prelim :$
Spot on.

Would be a massive choke for the Blues to lose it from here. A very average Demons outfit and then the Prelim choke artists. Easiest pathway to a flag since the Tigers in 2018.

A couple of those marks were big important marks though

Thought Curnow was a big factor in the last quarter

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Harry was clunking them just as well in the first half. I'd feel safer with both out there stretching May and Lever. Both sides have some big outs so it's no excuse.

I want to know why not Collingwood.

If not this year it will never happen.

And its time finally.

Totally done with these close but not quite seasons.

of course we are on the right track but who cares just win it for god sake.

Then we can all be re born again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back