Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all relevant. The Daniher debacle started with him choosing the Bombers in the first instance. Had he chosen us we may not have acquired Franklin. Tippett might have performed differently as Sydney’s main target. In 2013 he averaged 3 goals a game pre Franklin. At that stage his output was worthy of the salary.

Everythng ties back to the Daniher debacle which was that he nominated the Bombers under the father son rules and not us. Bombers knocked back our offers so not sure we made the right decision just dodged a bullet.

Yes, but Tippett had no bearing on our decision re Daniher in October. At the end of the day, Daniher did want to come to us, and we wanted him. We just didn’t want him that badly. We nailed it IMO. Certain other clubs I think would’ve caved and given up a youngster to accommodate a big-name player. We had our priorities where they should be, which is with our young Swans.

Yes, but Tippett had no bearing on our decision re Daniher in October. At the end of the day, Daniher did want to come to us, and we wanted him. We just didn’t want him that badly. We nailed it IMO. Certain other clubs I think would’ve caved and given up a youngster to accommodate a big-name player. We had our priorities where they should be, which is with our young Swans.
I agree. We needed to concentrate on building our young side. Daniher was not on our radar before and is not on our radar now. We have more important things to do, like winning a premiership

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. We needed to concentrate on building our young side. Daniher was not on our radar before and is not on our radar now. We have more important things to do, like winning a premiership

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He could definitely help us win a premiership if fit, but if it came at the expense of one of those young Swans who will become key players for us, then it’d be a pretty counter-productive trade.

Also a fairly good chance we wouldn’t be able to afford them all. I think despite his injury concerns, Daniher would command a pretty decent salary, money that may need to go towards a Blakey or a Dawson or a Florent or a Rowbottom in the years to come. I’d much prefer to wait and see if the gun player(s) we need to throw big contracts at come from within the existing list.

He was overrated af on here

what a stretch of 8 games in 16 lol
He was averaging almost 3 goals a game 2013,, he was going 2 goal and 17 hitouts a game in 15, and a goal a game with 24 hitouts in 16. I know you don't base your constant whining on reality, but at least put a second's thought into what you say.

He was averaging almost 3 goals a game 2013,, he was going 2 goal and 17 hitouts a game in 15, and a goal a game with 24 hitouts in 16. I know you don't base your constant whining on reality, but at least put a second's thought into what you say.
Only to get taking to the cleaners when it mattered. Your ******* cherry picking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we get Daniher dont care how its done. 5 and Papley would have been whatever

Essendon wanted 5 and a player. We didn’t want to give up 5 or a player. Clearly Daniher was not valued by us as highly as Parker, Heeney, Blakey, McCartin and Florent were. I don’t think we were wrong to think that, do you?

Essendon wanted 5 and a player. We didn’t want to give up 5 or a player. Clearly Daniher was not valued by us as highly as Parker, Heeney, Blakey, McCartin and Florent were. I don’t think we were wrong to think that, do you?
Wait until Dylan Stephens starts to tear it up in games, we'd be rueing giving up him AND Papley for JD who we can probably get for free this off season anyway as a RFA. If Dodoro doesn't want to take the compo pick then he's a bigger klutz than we all think.

Wait until Dylan Stephens starts to tear it up in games, we'd be rueing giving up him AND Papley for JD who we can probably get for free this off season anyway as a RFA. If Dodoro doesn't want to take the compo pick then he's a bigger klutz than we all think.

Agreed, although giving up Stephens wouldn’t have sufficed anyway. Bombers were pretty clear they wanted a player more than a pick, and we were pretty clear in not wanting to give them a player. At least as a free agent we don’t have to sacrifice any of our own for Daniher.

Tippett was a dud who come for the pay day

no connection to the club what so ever , in and out like that

I really dislike people shitting on Tippett. For a while there he was in All Australian contention as a forward/ruck. He was really very good and only began to get worse after he got injured and Longmire kept playing him when he was clearly injured. How is it Tippett's fault that his performances dipped during this time?

When he was not injured for those first season or two he was easily worth what we were paying him, and him getting injured was not his fault.

But you know Franklins
Franklin's was such a big deal that the AFL probed us with a fine toothed comb & were probably the reason this was "revealed" by The Age so to speak.
Revealed: Buddy Franklin to profit heavily in later years of mega-deal
Lance Franklin is contracted to be paid close to $1.5 million in the eighth year of his ground-breaking nine-year contract, with the superstar forward's payments due to peak in the seventh and eighth seasons.
Fairfax Media has learnt some details of Franklin's unprecedented contract, which sees him paid at the low end in the first two seasons of 2014 and 2015, when he receives about $700,000 a year, but it rises to around $1.2 million in the third season (2016) and remains at about $1.2 million in both years four (2017) and five (2018).
Franklin's remuneration then rises further in the sixth, seventh and eighth years, before dropping to roughly $1 million in the ninth and final year, by which stage Franklin will be 36.

So this suggests to me that someone from the AFL actually fed these details to Jake Niall, such was the anger with us from them.

Anything reports regarding Tippett's extension/s have been pure speculation on their part.

Franklin's was such a big deal that the AFL probed us with a fine toothed comb & were probably the reason this was "revealed" by The Age so to speak.
Lance Franklin is contracted to be paid close to $1.5 million in the eighth year of his ground-breaking nine-year contract, with the superstar forward's payments due to peak in the seventh and eighth seasons.
Fairfax Media has learnt some details of Franklin's unprecedented contract, which sees him paid at the low end in the first two seasons of 2014 and 2015, when he receives about $700,000 a year, but it rises to around $1.2 million in the third season (2016) and remains at about $1.2 million in both years four (2017) and five (2018).
Franklin's remuneration then rises further in the sixth, seventh and eighth years, before dropping to roughly $1 million in the ninth and final year, by which stage Franklin will be 36.

So this suggests to me that someone from the AFL actually fed these details to Jake Niall, such was the anger with us from them.

Anything reports regarding Tippett's extension/s have been pure speculation on their part.

Hawthorn got to see the complete contract in full as he was a restricted free agent and they had the right to match. I strongly speculate that is where the leak came from why the Franklin contract is so known in intimate detail in public circles.

So not facts

ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back