The Friendly Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also 3KZ is Football - Durham castle is pretty cool, if not an impressive or imposing structure. About an hour north up the A1 is Alnwick Castle, which is open for tours and also used in the films. They were building amazing gardens/playgrounds there when we last went 15 or 16 years ago, so they're probably finished now.

Far Kern - were you born in Scotland?

Also 3KZ is Football - Durham castle is pretty cool, if not an impressive or imposing structure. About an hour north up the A1 is Alnwick Castle, which is open for tours and also used in the films. They were building amazing gardens/playgrounds there when we last went 15 or 16 years ago, so they're probably finished now.

LOL you flog.

No, Adelaide. But I have plenty of Scottish ancestors.

Thanks. I need all the kid friendly tips I can get. I bought this calendar years ago in a junk shop and my plan for over 30 years has been to go around Scotland and find the places that are depicted in the beautiful old b/w photos that feature in the calendar.
CB36FF92-20F1-4BDC-857F-307B8C334CB1.jpeg

As it is I’m only going to have two weeks and we are going to spend time in York and Durham before heading to Edinburgh and then across country back to England to stay with friends in Lytham. From there it’s a couple of day trips into Liverpool and Manchester, before heading home. Mrs KZ and the boys are arriving a week before and leaving a week after me, so they will have a bit more time. They were looking at spending the first week in London and the second in Cornwall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

back to the adult chat...

I believe they filmed the first series of Blackadder at Alnwick castle.

back to the adult chat...

I believe they filmed the first series of Blackadder at Alnwick castle.

For years I thought it was filmed in Australia when I noticed it was co-made by Channel 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back