Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
She’s young, she will learn.

The side is a problem. It’s Kerr or bust. All Norway did was triple teamed her- and what did we do didn’t look for options.
She is a fantastic player, but she is the textbook example of the best player/ not best captain trap.

Let her play and put a seasoned campaigner with the armband.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Anyway that WC was a fail. Gross underachievement and FFA destroyed Australia's best chance of going Final well the country has and may ever have.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bad luck. Well done to Norway.

Some absolutely aweful refereeing decisions and she should be dropped for the next round of games.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Will be some heat on FFA, once Alen Stajcic was sacked five months from the tournament, I was surprised they even made it out of the Group Stage. FFA could not run a sausage sizzle outside Bunnings!

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
She is a fantastic player, but she is the textbook example of the best player/ not best captain trap.

Let her play and put a seasoned campaigner with the armband.
The answer is who else? I don’t mind it she will be a better captain in the next WC where she hits her prime.

Having a useless Left back killed us yet again but our dumb coach doesn’t change a thing. The Brazil win tapered over these cracks. We even conceded against Jamaica!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
The answer is who else? I don’t mind it she will be a better captain in the next WC where she hits her prime.

Having a useless Left back killed us yet again but our dumb coach doesn’t change a thing. The Brazil win tapered over these cracks. We even conceded against Jamaica!
It is our lack of a central defender which was the issue. Our left back had to move to the centre, which left a midfielder having to play left back .

So disappointing. I wish football wouldn't shoot itself in the foot so often

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
It is our lack of a central defender which was the issue. Our left back had to move to the centre, which left a midfielder having to play left back .

Part of the issue, but an issue nonetheless.

I still think that the upheaval caused by Stajic's sacking and the system Milicic wanted to use were the bigger problems, but the injuries to Alleway and Polkinghorne and the lack of a quality CB to back them up certainly didn't help

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gil and the AFL seem like a fantastically run organisation compared to the FFA.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Fair point but then if that’s the issue (central defender)...then that’s on the selectors- pick one in the squad. Carrying a girl regardless of how good she is injured till the quarters at best was lunacy.

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
Suspended
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Three clear penalties denied us and an utter BS red card. Those German officials are cheats. Once again in international soccer we are a second class citizen and the referees attitudes and decisions reflect it.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Worst penalty ever.

Time to change the name of the thread.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Another VAR cock up in the Germany v Nigeria game. If you are standing right in front of the goalkeeper you are interfering with play.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
Well this sucks! Feel for the girls they deserve better but let’s be honest it’s been a really underwhelming tournament. Milicic’s game plan was far to loose defensively when in tournament football we should be tight and compact.

Don’t think he should be sacked through that would be harsh considering he’s only been in the job five months. He’ll coach till the Olympics next year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom