• Offer him more than that

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Match a 500 offer

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Don’t match the offer and take the pick

Votes: 63 61.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

thought it was common knowledge that brandos manager gave the blues the 'thanks, but not interested'.
Really? Now why would his manager do that and restrict him from getting a big payday? If you had been on the ball you would’ve seen it was the other way round.

Don't reckon he is below average. Reckon he has some below average traits, and some above average traits. I reckon he is a bang on bog standard average AFL footballer. That makes him valuable to clubs rebuilding. Thing is, he is below average for our team and as such it doesn't matter if he leaves.

Take the money Brando, and much appreciation for your service. We'll take the compo pick, that'll do nicely. Hell, you'll be leaving as a 2 time premiership player. Can't be unhappy with that.

He’s only played in 1 winning flag .

It’s interesting the restricted free agency thing.
Top 25% to trigger it, but I think that would mean where you land in that at the point of signing, thats a guess but it seems to make sense.
When he signed two years ago, it was before Lynch obviously but also before quite a few others signed that year and more since have signed new contracts and others renegotiated and extended existing, also the total cap has been raised.
I reckon there’s a better than average chance he’s not in the top ten earners today.
I think the contract was negotiated with the restricted free agency thing looming, it’s only at the completion of this season that he ticks the other criteria of 8 years of service to one club.
Another thing it’s only another two years before he can go on the veterans list as a 28 yr old.
There’s some advantages to that for the club and salary cap as well.

It’s interesting the restricted free agency thing.
Top 25% to trigger it, but I think that would mean where you land in that at the point of signing, thats a guess but it seems to make sense.
When he signed two years ago, it was before Lynch obviously but also before quite a few others signed that year and more since have signed new contracts and others renegotiated and extended existing, also the total cap has been raised.
I reckon there’s a better than average chance he’s not in the top ten earners today.
I think the contract was negotiated with the restricted free agency thing looming, it’s only at the completion of this season that he ticks the other criteria of 8 years of service to one club.
Another thing it’s only another two years before he can go on the veterans list as a 28 yr old.
There’s some advantages to that for the club and salary cap as well.
Veterans list was scrapped a few years ago.

I want to drop him for the prelim, so more than happy if he leaves the club to be perfectly honest.

Personally I'd link the two anyway

Ole mate Brando, one of the most polarising players on our list.
I thought I’d throw this down for the hell of it.
Now, I’m not across it but I’ve heard a few people say the next draft isn’t particularly deep so with that in mind and the fact he’s a restricted free agent..one of the top ten salaries on the list.
Where do you sit with Brando?
We do have good talent developing, though he is only 26 and having a really good season so far.
Not many can get to as many contests as him cause of his running but doesn’t win much if his own ball.
Isn’t great overhead but maybe has clicked into becoming a leader on the field and as someone who has the resilience to make it back from being dropped for finals.
If he goes you still have kmac LEGO and possibly menadue to slot into that role though I believe the long term answer is turner who is an aerobic beast with neat skills hope he is in line for games next year
Ole mate Brando, one of the most polarising players on our list.
I thought I’d throw this down for the hell of it.
Now, I’m not across it but I’ve heard a few people say the next draft isn’t particularly deep so with that in mind and the fact he’s a restricted free agent..one of the top ten salaries on the list.
Where do you sit with Brando?
We do have good talent developing, though he is only 26 and having a really good season so far.
Not many can get to as many contests as him cause of his running but doesn’t win much if his own ball.
Isn’t great overhead but maybe has clicked into becoming a leader on the field and as someone who has the resilience to make it back from being dropped for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really do underestimate him. He is a good afl player. He cannot be s**t to get where he is now.
He has been a good player over the years, although dropped at times, which doesn't happen the the really good players. But we are a very good side, with some very good young players easily able to take his position. Ellis may be a good player, but right now he has run out of any semblance of the form he was in mid year, and is right on the cusp.

Back