Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

It is hilarious. I found the incident comedy. McGregor doesn't give 2 sh*ts. Good on him. I was hoping he threw more stuff through windows.
Hopefully your under 16 and not just a full on *******

Mayweather punched the **** out of his missus.

Mike Tyson went to prison for rape.

These guys didn't struggle to sell.. in Mayweathers case, it may have even made him sell more.

As far as the box office goes.. he will be just fine.

Poor wording on my part. Not that the UFC would struggle to sell his fights in terms of PPV, I was trying to convey is it would be a tough sell internally. It's a horrible look for the company which has gone to great lengths to distance itself from the bloodthirty meathead image the media protrayed for so long and the headlines today as well as any future legal action against McGregor/UFC will not please the owners. This sort of behaviour after the company gave him a once in a lifetime shot to fight outside the sport would seriously piss off the higher ups. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the dollar signs will win out in the end but I'm sure the question of whether he's worth the trouble will get asked.

Yeah money will win out but Guy Threepwood 's point is bang on.

They want a ROI, so does anyone think they'll bow to the absurd slice of the pie he's asking for? Certainly lost a lot of bargaining power going forward, especially if he has to write of lot of cheques after this debacle.

Poor wording on my part. Not that the UFC would struggle to sell his fights in terms of PPV, I was trying to convey is it would be a tough sell internally. It's a horrible look for the company which has gone to great lengths to distance itself from the bloodthirty meathead image the media protrayed for so long and the headlines today as well as any future legal action against McGregor/UFC will not please the owners. This sort of behaviour after the company gave him a once in a lifetime shot to fight outside the sport would seriously piss off the higher ups. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the dollar signs will win out in the end but I'm sure the question of whether he's worth the trouble will get asked.
The positives will still outweigh those negatives, ultimately he's bringing fans into the sport. McGregor is the biggest star in the history of the UFC.

I don’t want to come across as defending the guy but this latest incident doesn’t surprise me. Conor has obviously always been a larrikin but I’ve had concerns about his mental health post mayweather fight. Jumping the cage at the bellator event, assaulting that guy in a pub in Ireland and now this latest incident. I think he has reached a level of fame and money that he can’t deal with. add to that a possible drug habit, becoming a dad, all the stress of the fans wanting him to return to the ufc and the top fighters in his division pretty much questioning his mma legacy for holding up the title and not really giving a clear indicator on when he will return.

The spotlight has gotten to much for Conor and I think unfortunately it’s time to walk away from the sport and get some professional help. All these incidents are just going to keep piling up and getting worse and worse if he continues like this

Yeah money will win out but Guy Threepwood 's point is bang on.

They want a ROI, so does anyone think they'll bow to the absurd slice of the pie he's asking for? Certainly lost a lot of bargaining power going forward, especially if he has to write of lot of cheques after this debacle.

I dare say this is the final nail in the coffin of his aspirations of part ownership. If that is a deal breaker for Conor, we may well have seen the last of him in the cage. As much as I don't like the bloke, that would be a real shame as he's an incredible talent entering what should be the prime of his career.

Adzam makes a great point about mental health. If it is an issue, I hope Conor gets the help he needs and becomes a better person as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't see Conor coming back from this...I really don't. The videos from inside the bus give you an idea of what the feeling must of been in there.

Some people saying it's gangster, Well, John Gotti is a gangster and I tell you what's more gangster than throwing a fridge trolley...Handling the situation like a man

It is hilarious. I found the incident comedy. McGregor doesn't give 2 sh*ts. Good on him. I was hoping he threw more stuff through windows.

So you’re a scumbag too? Good job. Would love someone to come to your place of work and * up your money making ability for no reason.

Actually, silly of me to type. You probably haven’t worked a day in your life.

So you’re a scumbag too? Good job. Would love someone to come to your place of work and **** up your money making ability for no reason.

Actually, silly of me to type. You probably haven’t worked a day in your life.

I don't have to condemn anything. I'm not losing money out of McGregor throwing sh*t through windows. Stop being a do-gooder and a sook.

I don't have to condemn anything. I'm not losing money out of McGregor throwing sh*t through windows. Stop being a do-gooder and a sook.

So because you’re an awful campaigner and I’m a decent human... I’m a do-gooder?

Honest question are you a teenager or do you just have low iq and shitty morales in general?

So because you’re an awful campaigner and I’m a decent human... I’m a do-gooder?

Honest question are you a teenager or do you just have low iq and shitty morales in general?

So because I find what McGregor did as hilarious - I am a scumbag? It goes both ways.

I don't care that you are sooking and directing personal insults my way, but you can't seem to take it when I do the same. Once again, stop being a sook. Are you this sooky in real life? How do you get through the day without being outraged about what others think?

So because I find what McGregor did as hilarious - I am a scumbag? It goes both ways.

I don't care that you are sooking and directing personal insults my way, but you can't seem to take it when I do the same. Once again, stop being a sook. Are you this sooky in real life? How do you get through the day without being outraged about what others think?

I’m not sooking. I’m having a go at someone I think is a campaigner. You’re the one that can’t seem to handle my opinion.

Also, yes. You are acting like a scumbag because you find people being injured and losing out on income for their families... “funny”.

I’m not sooking. I’m having a go at someone I think is a campaigner. You’re the one that can’t seem to handle my opinion.

Its funny you say that. I said that I find what McGregor did as hilarious. That is my opinion, and its you that is sulking that someone else may have a different opinion on the situation to yourself. So who is it that cannot handle someone else having a different opinion? Its you. Now stop being a sook and derailing a thread.

Presumably if he gets done for assault over there, he isn't going to be let back in the US.

The incident is going to hurt his pocket, no doubt. Especially now we are hearing that he is going to get sued. Its actually interesting if he can't get back into the US, especially if that incident the other month in Ireland is true (about McGregor having run ins with the mafia). If that were the case he wouldn't be safe in Ireland, and might not be able to enter the US. So where would his next fight be? It probably couldn't be in Russia either after the latest incident. Could be in no man's land.

Its funny you say that. I said that I find what McGregor did as hilarious. That is my opinion, and its you that is sulking that someone else may have a different opinion on the situation to yourself. So who is it that cannot handle someone else having a different opinion? Its you. Now stop being a sook and derailing a thread.

This is a public forum. You wrote something in which one can post both negative and positive replies to it. Don’t want that? Then don’t post.

You’re well within your right to post your comment. Im well within mine to reply that your opinion is one of a boy, not a man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back