The Official Bigfooty Week 5 thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Break out the fairy bread and hundreds and thousands, it's party time!
That's as good as it gets!!!!!

But they dont treat Dirk like the franchise guy. He barely takes shots. They dont run everything through him.

I dont quite know why he went on one more year. The Maverick were always gonna suck and were absolutely nowhere near a championship. I'd understand him going on one more year and joining a contender but why go one more year and suck all season.

I guess love of the game. But he's probably not helping the franchise. It's time for Dallas to move on from the great Dirk Nowitzki.

Probably needed to play to help transition his war criminal shooting coach into a secure location

For a team with a 10-3 record, and a brand new arena, that is a horrific crowd.

1ISMgaN.jpg

They reckon attendance is up but a lot of people are hanging out at the new bars and food joints. They probably have some wicked giant screens around the joint and well there is 90 games of ball left to watch.

Rockets crowds are always terrible. They're the third team in the city, especially after what Astros did. Also the top is usually full and the lower bowl not so much, even for big games it's something to do with lower seats having access to another area. Yet they always reckon attendance is up. Could be something similar.

The guy who wins will probably be the one with the most triple doubles, a la last year, not necessarily the best player.
A lot of voters still refuse to look at PER and +/-

+/- is not all that useful and Westbrook had an amazing PER.... Self-defeating argument.

Curry is not really having MVP type numbers. If anyone from GSW makes an MVP run it will be Durant.

Harden I think will get it though, momentum from last seasons close call. PG13 and Melo have impacted Westbrook too much for him to have an impact.

Not sure the Pels or Bucks will win enough games for Giannis, Cousins or AD to get it.

I think people are finally realizing that Curry is more important, and hence more valuable, than Durant in the Warriors success.

btw, this was always the case. I preached about Curry > Durant for importance (even if Durant is the better player) as soon as it became evident (pretty early last season).

I think people are finally realizing that Curry is more important, and hence more valuable, than Durant in the Warriors success.

btw, this was always the case. I preached about Curry > Durant for importance (even if Durant is the better player) as soon as it became evident (pretty early last season).
Huh?

Durant turns them into champions.

He's there best and most important player.

Curry is their most important player imo. I would feel more comfortable in a series vs them if they had Durant over curry in the scenario where they can only have one
Durant was Finals MVP and the difference in last seasons NBA Finals.

Even LeBron said it. Durant makes them almost unbeatable. He's a different beast to Curry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even LeBron said it. Durant makes them almost unbeatable. He's a different beast to Curry.
He was the icing to a curry flavoured cake, they were almost unbeatable without him.. would they be without Curry? I don’t think they would tbh.

Curry

Green

Durant

In terms of importance. Curry is everything to that team. He's the basis for their whole offence

Only idiots even thought this in the first place.

Better doesn't always mean more valuable

Huh?

Durant turns them into champions.

He's there best and most important player.

Having watched every single game the Warriors have played since Durant got there (and several seasons before that), it's not even close. I could even make an argument that Durant might even be the third most important player on the team behind Green.

You've told us that you don't watch that much basketball, so I'm not sure what you are basing your decision on. The Finals?

Curry has a gravity never seen before by any player. He changes games just by being out there. Defenses gravitate towards him and as a result players get so many easy shots. He was 4 ppg better in +/- than Durant last year and the same again this year.

Warriors are 14-4 when Durant is out. And one of those losses was a game the Warriors sat Curry, Thompson and Green. So 14-3 without him when Curry plays. That projects to 68 wins a season.

And, as mentioned before, Warriors were Champions before Durant got there. They were one shot and one block away (* you LeBron) from winning another championship.

Also a reminder that this isn't a discussion whether Curry is a better basketball player than Durant. Durant is better. But he's not even close to as important.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back