Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

They made it sound like it was pre fagan.
Also most likely is BS or blown up from what it was

I hope its pre-fagan. Im not saying it is fact, but not sure Sam would run with that unless he was pretty sure it happened in some form. He can be a tosser when he is trying to be funny, but not sure he would make that up.

WTF, that is a bombshell and a half. How long ago are we talking? Current or previous regeime? Could this explain the odd manner in which Manny left the club?

Can't imagine this happening under Fagans rule.....would have to be some time ago. Leppa/Rockliff era?

Get ready folks....this will go big time in the next few days. Eddie won't let it pass. Good for the Footy Show and all that, you know.

Sam wouldn't say something of this nature if it wasn't right

Geezuz!! :poo:!

If its pre-fagan, I can live with that. Im not sating it is fact, but not sure Sam would run with that unless he was pretty sure it happened in some form. He can be a tosser when he is trying to be funny, but not sure he would make that up.
Was funny how it got brought up randomly, then skipped over quickly. Would be a big story so why brought up on a shitty podcast when tv ratings would go beserk if u wanna run with that story

Fagans been here for just over a year, it took over a year from.incident to counselling as per the allegation. Confirmed by an ex staffer or by a current staffer that said it was ex regime, was hard to follow they all talked over the top of each other

NEAFL one option considered for Tasmanian team

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...dered-for-tasmanian-team-20180418-p4zae0.html

A team from Tasmania could play in the NEAFL in 2019 if an option being considered by the AFL's steering committee into the future directions of Tasmanian football is adopted.

The committee met on Wednesday to discuss potential ways to improve the pathway for talented players in Tasmania, as well as the future of the Tasmanian State League (TSL), which has run in its current form since 2009.

The NEAFL option was one of many options still being canvassed including continuing the TSL, reverting to northern and southern leagues, as well as a push to put the Tassie Mariners back into the TAC Cup under-18s competition they were part of between 1995-2002.

Fairfax Media understands the AFL is keen to engage with Tasmanian stakeholders before making any decisions on which direction to take and no resolution is expected until the June 30 deadline they set to deliver recommendations on the future of the TSL and player pathways.

The NEAFL is a 12-team competition that includes the Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans, GWS Giants and Gold Coast as well as a team from the Northern Territory and Canberra with several players in the competition in 2018 playing in a TSL premiership before joining the NEAFL.

One of the considerations for the AFL are the cost ramifications of fielding another team in the competition.

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan is chairing the steering committee that includes prominent AFL people with connections to Tasmania include Carlton coach Brendon Bolton, Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan and former St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt.

RELATED ARTICLE

A vote of no confidence in the AFL in Tasmania
McLachlan visited Tasmania in late March to announce the committee and commit $200,000 to subsidise the levies of Tasmanian junior players selected in the AFL Tasmanian talent programs.

TSL presidents remain fearful the state league will be disbanded and North Launceston president Thane Brady has called on the state government to review any recommendations made by the AFL to ensure they are in the state's best interests.

If it's true, then I hope the player in question has gotten the help that they need.

I hope it's not true. I hate to think of anyone being in that sort of headspace.

If there' any truth to it at all, the club should come out and control the narrative. Don't let the FS get a hold of it with their back channel half truths

Was thinking the same....Really hope Swanny or Fagan get on to it straight away.

No wonder the club was cleaned out, and these good people brought in. Christ, what a shambles/rabble we've been......and the :poo: we've been fed as members over the years.

Oh, man...

Things like these always find a way to come out. Big mouth Sam Newman as always. Some things are better kept quiet.

Given it is Sam Newman saying this, I would doubt it is too far from the truth. Irrespective of what anyone thinks of him, Sam isn't one for gossip and innuendo, so I give a lot of credence to what he has to say about footy related matters.

Absolutely lost for words that the club could miss signals that any young man on our list would or could resort to what was said and then, not be addressed.

I think we've all known that our club was run by morons in years gone by, but even I'm taken aback that our leaders, including senior players, did nothing and fortunately most, if not all, have been moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given it is Sam Newman saying this, I would doubt it is too far from the truth. Irrespective of what anyone thinks of him, Sam isn't one for gossip and innuendo, so I give a lot of credence to what he has to say about footy related matters.

Absolutely lost for words that the club could miss signals that any young man on our list would or could resort to what was said and then, not be addressed.

I think we've all known that our club was run by morons in years gone by, but even I'm taken aback that our leaders, including senior players, did nothing and fortunately most, if not all, have been moved on.
My gut says the kid who left to play for st Marys. I've got nothing to Base that on.

Pathetic by Newman. No good reason to make that public other than pure self promotion. Human trash.
I'm personally not a fan of Sam and certainly not the Footy Show (not that his comments had anything to do with TFS), but I suspect if the same set of circumstances applied at any Victorian club and perhaps a couple of other non-Victorian clubs, then Sam doesn't publicly disclose this info.

As we all the know, the Lions have and always be an easy target for the Victorian media.

Just put them in the vfl. Makes a lot more sense logistically, financially and just fn common sense. Which seems to be in short supply in both Tasmanian football and the AFL. FFS it isn't that hard.

So imagine the poor rangas from Tassle playing the NT in Darwin. They seriously won't last a qtr.

I’d assume the thinking is that the VFL would be too high standard.

Just put them in the vfl. Makes a lot more sense logistically, financially and just fn common sense. Which seems to be in short supply in both Tasmanian football and the AFL. FFS it isn't that hard.

So imagine the poor rangas from Tassle playing the NT in Darwin. They seriously won't last a qtr.
I know for a fact a couple of the stand alone VFL clubs are also already sniffing around at the possibility of joining the NEAFL due to the disparity between them and the Victorian AFL clubs that field teams in the VFL and also in the event an AFL Reserves Competition is introduced, so I think there is merit in either a stand alone Tasmanian team or the preferred option of both a Launceston and Hobart based side being introduced into the NEAFL.

Like everything though, purely comes down to funding, although given the profits the AFL rakes in each year, they could certainly make it happen with respect to a couple of Tassie teams entering the NEAFL.

I know for a fact a couple of the stand alone VFL clubs are also already sniffing around at the possibility of joining the NEAFL due to the disparity between them and the Victorian AFL clubs that field teams in the VFL and also in the event an AFL Reserves Competition is introduced, so I think there is merit in either a stand alone Tasmanian team or the preferred option of both a Launceston and Hobart based side being introduced into the NEAFL.

Like everything though, purely comes down to funding, although given the profits the AFL rakes in each year, they could certainly make it happen with respect to a couple of Tassie teams entering the NEAFL.
Tasmanian jnr footy gets abut one fifth of what is pumped into qld. That is after the extra $200k. Tbh it is a bit of a clusterf@#$.

The mariners would be competitive but that is a state under 18s side. I don't think there is enough depth to field 2 snr teams

A very few people weild all of the power, you lose favour essentially you are f@#$ed

I’d assume the thinking is that the VFL would be too high standard.
They need to be exposed to it. It is really a state side, so it should be competitive, there are a hell of a lot of ex afl listed players running around. But the professionalism needs to step up.

It just makes more sense, if need be import a couple of players to make them competitive

Tasmanian jnr footy gets abut one fifth of what is pumped into qld. That is after the extra $200k. Tbh it is a bit of a clusterf@#$.

The mariners would be competitive but that is a state under 18s side. I don't think there is enough depth to field 2 snr teams

A very few people weild all of the power, you lose favour essentially you are f@#$ed
Its interesting, because if you had one or two Tasmanian based clubs enter the NEAFL, that would just about decimate the current TFL competition and its clubs, which as we know, both have such a long and proud history. Tassie footy is in such a delicate state that whatever is done is going to have significant implications down the line for other parties.

Its interesting, because if you had one or two Tasmanian based clubs enter the NEAFL, that would just about decimate the current TFL competition and its clubs, which as we know, both have such a long and proud history. Tassie footy is in such a delicate state that whatever is done is going to have significant implications down the line for other parties.
Burnie and Devonport pulled out of the TSL, so if you are a talented kid in the NW you have nowhere to go. North Hobart lost more than half of their premiership team, mainly because the hierarchy at North are a bunch of arsehats.

Matthew Armstrong has the power to tell any coach "play this kid here". I know of one coach having strips torn off him for playing a mariners fwd in the ruck and told not to do it again or he is out. Armstrong can make or break a rep player, on his wrong side you have no hope.

It's a delicate situation because there are so many small minded, vested interests.

One of the traditional clubs, Sandy Bay, has no snr team, while Clarence kick arse at just about every level. Therefore every talented kid wants to play for Clarence (which is stupid when you think about it). But instead of trying to improve other clubs, they put a zone in place. So if you have pkayed for Clarence all your life, if you hit snrs and live in North Hobart you are a North Hobart player.

There just seems to be a fundamental lack of problem solving. But considering they still run ads encouraging kids to finish year 10. . ( I s**t you not).

Burnie and Devonport pulled out of the TSL, so if you are a talented kid in the NW you have nowhere to go. North Hobart lost more than half of their premiership team, mainly because the hierarchy at North are a bunch of arsehats.

Matthew Armstrong has the power to tell any coach "play this kid here". I know of one coach having strips torn off him for playing a mariners fwd in the ruck and told not to do it again or he is out. Armstrong can make or break a rep player, on his wrong side you have no hope.

It's a delicate situation because there are so many small minded, vested interests.

One of the traditional clubs, Sandy Bay, has no snr team, while Clarence kick arse at just about every level. Therefore every talented kid wants to play for Clarence (which is stupid when you think about it). But instead of trying to improve other clubs, they put a zone in place. So if you have pkayed for Clarence all your life, if you hit snrs and live in North Hobart you are a North Hobart player.

There just seems to be a fundamental lack of problem solving. But considering they still run ads encouraging kids to finish year 10. . ( I s**t you not).
You know a lot more about the state of the game in Tasmania, but it is such a shame when certain individuals wield such influence.

I know for a fact that a certain individual at the Greater Western Victorian Rebels has a similar influence in that TAC region to the detriment of some kids in that particular TAC Cup region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back