Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Hey guys. Sorry I wasnt sure where to post this, but I've been a bit of a lurker on the Sam Skinner ACL thread in recent times.

I big ol' Physio nerd and came across this pic from a Lions academy night posted this arvo on Twitter.

Can anyone tell me who each player is?

I can make out Barret and possibly Gardiner and maybe Witherden?
446338dacd91706d3c4bf373aa035842.jpg

I noticed the HS did a 'reverse coleman' for what defender has the most goals kicked on them (liam jones leads with 23). I was shocked to see no Lions players in the top 10!. Then I realised that a majority of our goals are from oppo players who are unopposed by a defender so champion data wouldn't know who to assign it too im guessing.. Lol

sorry for the intrusion guys and hopefully this is the best place to post- what is everyone's thoughts from Haas's days at Brisbane? we have a spate of hammy at the moment and our posters are banging on about the same thing happening in Brisbane but I can't recall and thought i'd ask here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry for the intrusion guys and hopefully this is the best place to post- what is everyone's thoughts from Haas's days at Brisbane? we have a spate of hammy at the moment and our posters are banging on about the same thing happening in Brisbane but I can't recall and thought i'd ask here

Although he got along well with the players and seemed like a great guy, we, generally, had a bad run with injury while Matt was at our club. Things have improved dramatically since he and the birdman packed their bags.

https://www.zerohanger.com/liam-jones-leading-2018-reverse-coleman-19266/

Players with the most goals kicked on them in 2018

21 – Liam Jones (Carlton)
13 – David Astbury (Richmond)
12 – Steven May (Gold Coast)
12 – Tom Barrass (West Coast)
11 – Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
11 – Connor Blakely (Fremantle)
9 – Tom Clurey (Port Adelaide)
7 -Nathan Brown (St Kilda)
7 -Lynden Dunn (Collingwood)
7 – Jeremy Howe (Collingwood)

Not sure how accurate the numbers are in the article but surprised to see none of our boys on there.

Highlights how unaccountable our midfield group are?

https://www.zerohanger.com/liam-jones-leading-2018-reverse-coleman-19266/

Players with the most goals kicked on them in 2018

21 – Liam Jones (Carlton)
13 – David Astbury (Richmond)
12 – Steven May (Gold Coast)
12 – Tom Barrass (West Coast)
11 – Jacob Weitering (Carlton)
11 – Connor Blakely (Fremantle)
9 – Tom Clurey (Port Adelaide)
7 -Nathan Brown (St Kilda)
7 -Lynden Dunn (Collingwood)
7 – Jeremy Howe (Collingwood)

Not sure how accurate the numbers are in the article but surprised to see none of our boys on there.

Highlights how unaccountable our midfield group are?
Ouch for weitering, he played 2 games as a forward & people said he was s**t so they put him back & he' still conceded 11 goals

Sam Newman has revealed a shocking and disturbing case of player welfare mismanagement at the Brisbane Lions.

"I know of 3 boys that walked in on another recruit who had his head in a noose and was about to commit suicide at the Brisbane Lions and it took the Brisbane Lions one year to counsel those people who walked in on him. If that is not an indictment on a club going nowhere and a disgraceful approach on handling people, and I can tell who you they are and it is a fact."

Sam Newman has revealed a shocking and disturbing case of player welfare mismanagement at the Brisbane Lions.

"I know of 3 boys that walked in on another recruit who had his head in a noose and was about to commit suicide at the Brisbane Lions and it took the Brisbane Lions one year to counsel those people who walked in on him. If that is not an indictment on a club going nowhere and a disgraceful approach on handling people, and I can tell who you they are and it is a fact."

Do you have a link?!?

WTF, that is a bombshell and a half. How long ago are we talking? Current or previous regeime? Could this explain the odd manner in which Manny left the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back