Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I think it was 2002 when we had that shock loss to the Demons where Neitz went mental. I think we were leading most of the game too.

But we hardly ever lost again that season. You could argue that result helped us more than it hurt.

Or possibly it was your support Skoob that galvanised the team.
I think it was a late one, maybe 2005 or 2006???
Had an obnoxious Melbourne supporter in front of us with his family and girlfriend. They were embarrassed by him. We had them, most of the game and they kicked away in the last.
The obnoxious Dee supporter did jump the fence after the final siren, so I told his dad that his son was a dickhead, but thank him for the $1000 donation to the Gabba Trust. :D

With big names like Brianna Davey, Erin Phillips, Mo Hope and Emma Kearney all moving or likely to be moving clubs, I think we would be very naive to think we aren't going to lose some big names. Prepare yourselves.

But yeah, I dont think there is anything in the instagram above.

I had heard that Kashy is going to North, but having not seen anything mentioned elsewhere, assumed I was having my leg pulled. I'll ask for a source, which I didn't bother doing when I was told. My source is a big stirrer, so not sure if serious.

I had heard that Kashy is going to North, but having not seen anything mentioned elsewhere, assumed I was having my leg pulled. I'll ask for a source, which I didn't bother doing when I was told. My source is a big stirrer, so not sure if serious.
Pulling my leg, it seems, though that was said with a grin too. :shrug:

Kashy plays for Melbourne Uni in the VFL and they are aligned with North Melbourne. I don't have any inside information but if she leaves then it probably will be for North.

North are aligned with Tasmania so I suppose any Tasmanians like Whoosa will also be linked to North as well.

I hope they all stay and we get at least one gun player wanted to come to Brisbane!

Kashy plays for Melbourne Uni in the VFL and they are aligned with North Melbourne. I don't have any inside information but if she leaves then it probably will be for North.

North are aligned with Tasmania so I suppose any Tasmanians like Whoosa will also be linked to North as well.

I hope they all stay and we get at least one gun player wanted to come to Brisbane!

Having read wooshaas story about her time in Melbourne and wa and her experiences here I doubt she's going anywhere tbh

Actually they're right. This is why:

The practice got banned after we got basically a free win each year out of that deal. It was resolved that clubs could only sell games to neutral venues, not effectively creating opposition home games. Given that logic, Gold Coast should not have been able to sell a game into Perth - however I also understand why they made an exception for Gold Coast this year, given the Commonwealth Games.

The concern is about home game advantage. Fremantle v Gold Coast in Perth (or Melbourne v Brisbane at the Gabba) is going to give Fremantle a massive advantage with crowd support, less travel, etc, whereas Carlton v Collingwood ends up with the same amount of travel for both teams and preferential home team support (generally).

I can see your point here. Apparently the Eagles wanted the game but were blocked by the AFL but they allowed the Dockers to have it. I guess they thought that the Dockers were less likely to be impacting finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who gets really upset when a player gets hurt, no matter which team? I know it's soft, but seeing people in pain is really distressing, and seeing players lying on the ground not moving scares me.

Am I the only one who gets really upset when a player gets hurt, no matter which team? I know it's soft, but seeing people in pain is really distressing, and seeing players lying on the ground not moving scares me.

Nope. It sucks.
I feel for the families - I remember a few years back a player had a neck brace fitted and was stretchered off. He gave a thumbs up to the camera and I'm sure it was aimed at his parents.

Hope Robbo is ok - multiple heart incidents that require scans are a worry. Don't want him to go the way of Clarke but also no game is worth actually risking an underlying problem blowing up.

Not too sure where to post. So will do it here. Long time footy supporter, just moved down from Mackay. Was thinking of a membership with you guys and girls. Was just wondering what the prices are like and other stuff.

Not too sure where to post. So will do it here. Long time footy supporter, just moved down from Mackay. Was thinking of a membership with you guys and girls. Was just wondering what the prices are like and other stuff.
Do you follow Hawks because of Mackay Hawks? If so, it's okay to change, you know, now you've moved. ;)

Do you follow Hawks because of Mackay Hawks? If so, it's okay to change, you know, now you've moved. ;)

Did do a pre season with bakers creek tigers! Lived with the coach at the time.
Been following Hawks since I was 8.
Thanks for the information it’s much appreciated.

Did do a pre season with bakers creek tigers! Lived with the coach at the time.
Been following Hawks since I was 8.
Thanks for the information it’s much appreciated.
I think a couple of mates played for the Tigers (juniors) back in the day (mid 80s).
Did you grow up in Mackay? I lived there went to high school in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back