Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Notice in team selections...Grundy emergency....changing of the guard with Alirx2 taking over. Also notice The Shack playing on a confident n loose J McGovern....maybe a chance for a few early smart goals if the coach words up the team.

Longbow that one I think Gadzzzzz

Haha probably. But it really stood out to me the second time I watched the game and it looked really tidy. Whatever it was, I’m hoping to see more this weekend both live at the game and when I come home and watch the recording of our win.

Haha probably. But it really stood out to me the second time I watched the game and it looked really tidy. Whatever it was, I’m hoping to see more this weekend both live at the game and when I come home and watch the recording of our win.
Goodonya

Barrett's version of admitting he was wrong

BL-header.png

If
we've been harsh on the Lions to this point ...

then
we don't resile from that. But we are coming around. Quickly. Might even ask Swanny's permission for a seat on the bandwagon if they beat the Crows.

BL-header.png

If

then
we don't resile from that. But we are coming around. Quickly. Might even ask Swanny's permission for a seat on the bandwagon if they beat the Crows.

What a tool.

I love the English language and love using seldom-used words, but it's purely for my own pleasure. Using a word like "resile" in this situation is him saying, yep I might have got this wrong, but I'm still smarter than everyone that reads this column because you're likely going to have to look that s**t up in a dictionary.

What a tool.

I love the English language and love using seldom-used words, but it's purely for my own pleasure. Using a word like "resile" in this situation is him saying, yep I might have got this wrong, but I'm still smarter than everyone that reads this column because you're likely going to have to look that s**t up in a dictionary.

Can you play Words With Friends if you don’t have any friends? If so, this can’t be a coincidence.

4C7E1EC2-61D5-487A-9D76-EB662A67438D.jpeg

BL-header.png

If

then
Sorry Damian, like our club, our bandwagon also has a 'no dickheads' policy.
"I was right all along, but they're better now". Idiot, we were always headed where we're headed.

Eldest son umpires his 200th game on Sunday, youngest will get there next week, both are in their 4th season

Had the senior umpire coach watch one of their games recently and gave them a couple of things to work on
Probably not this year, hopefully next year, they are apponted to their first senior game

Eldest son umpires his 200th game on Sunday, youngest will get there next week, both are in their 4th season

Had the senior umpire coach watch one of their games recently and gave them a couple of things to work on
Probably not this year, hopefully next year, they are apponted to their first senior game

Good luck to them!

Good stuff:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Senior mean 'as opposed to junior' eg NEAFL type games or are we talking AFL ones?

Does Senior mean 'as opposed to junior' eg NEAFL type games or are we talking AFL ones?
At the moment they are umpiring junior games in the Geelong Junior Football League, ranging from U15, U17, U19 boys, U15 and U18 girls. Senior games if appointed would be in the Geelong Football League.

How on earth is Adam Cooney a paid footy journalist and identity on footy programs.

Tries constantly to be funny and is just not insightful at all.

Thank Christ for the fast forward function but AFL Gameday is just horrible...complete circle jerk about how great everything is...I think I may have posted this before.

How on earth is Adam Cooney a paid footy journalist and identity on footy programs.

Tries constantly to be funny and is just not insightful at all.

Thank Christ for the fast forward function but AFL Gameday is just horrible...complete circle jerk about how great everything is...I think I may have posted this before.

Giving his girlfriend a burger ring as an engagement ring tells you everything you need to know about him. Lowest common denominator bogan.

The women in the afl media put most of the men to shame eg. Daisy Pearce, Neroli Meadows, Caroline Wilson, Kelli Underwood.

Daisy gets a lot of flak on BF but I like her. Caro writes well but the information backing her writing has been lacking for a while, often seems to write about nothing now and her articles just seem empty.

The women in the afl media put most of the men to shame eg. Daisy Pearce, Neroli Meadows, Caroline Wilson, Kelli Underwood.
Sadly it's because to be a woman in the AFL media you need to be exceptional. If you're a bloke you just need to exist.

Daisy gets a lot of flak on BF but I like her. Caro writes well but the information backing her writing has been lacking for a while, often seems to write about nothing now and her articles just seem empty.
I really like Daisy Pearce a lot, IMO her analysis of the game is very good and she isn't a try hard wannabe comedian like most of the meat head guys in the media.

I really like Daisy Pearce a lot, IMO her analysis of the game is very good and she isn't a try hard wannabe comedian like most of the meat head guys in the media.

She actually talks about football and analyses what she's just seen. It's sad that this is is seen as something unique but AFL media is a cesspool.

Just wasted 25minutes on the Sydney board. They are incredible - the world is ending cause of port win/ lose (or whatever) today they WONT be top four.

There are calls for the coach to be replaced. Serious calls. And cries of our players are crap and not capable of developing. Omg these guys have lost touch with reality. What a bunch of sooks.

Suns win was unexpected- wonder if the coach coming up with a fairly significant statement on losing Lynch was the driver of their performance. I’m glad they got up. Think Sydney are in a very heavy training stage, the finals preseason load, and that was significant.

Just wasted 25minutes on the Sydney board. They are incredible - the world is ending cause of port win/ lose (or whatever) today they WONT be top four.

There are calls for the coach to be replaced. Serious calls. And cries of our players are crap and not capable of developing. Omg these guys have lost touch with reality. What a bunch of sooks.

Suns win was unexpected- wonder if the coach coming up with a fairly significant statement on losing Lynch was the driver of their performance. I’m glad they got up. Think Sydney are in a very heavy training stage, the finals preseason load, and that was significant.

The Swans board has been a good reminder to me to not fall in to the trap of getting my son a Chupa Chup or a Kinder Surprise every time we go to Coles. The Swans fans have had too many Chupa Chups over the last 13 years and they can’t handle any disappointment now. They are lying face down in the confectionary aisle screaming and flailing their limbs.

Sydney’s list seems to be in a very slow state of decay. I just don’t remember them losing games like that three or four years ago. They were the most bankable commodity in footy, particularly at home. You got an honest effort every week.

Perhaps the rot started to show at the beginning of last year when they lost the first 5 or 6 games.

They shouldn’t over-react based on yesterday but I reckon there’s definitely something amiss. It will be interesting to see if that shitty performance refocuses the side or they continue to crumble slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back