Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Our board, we say what we want. If you don't like it feel free not to post on our board unless its constructive.

I would never in a million years swap Morton for Blease on current form.

Blease twitter today: Solid run today, misso is getting us boys fit! My first full pre season cannot wait!!!

Doesn't sound like he's leaving to me.
Probably because he is contracted for another year. The club wouldn't just let a player walk for nothing. Stupid tiger supporters.

Don't respond to idiots proposing ridiculous trades like this. Go study, spend time with your family, have a fap. All better ideas than responding to trade proposals like:

Sam Blease for Mitch Morton

Blease is not leaving this year - this is not a rumour, its a piece of s**t, flush it.

Mitch might not be that good but he's still the best Morton in his family and he didn't cost us a pick 4

Thanks for that fascinating insight. You did get one thing right - Mitch just isn't that good.

And BigSexc is right - the Blease rumour is just one big ****. Nothing more.

What's Bate's status? Dan Connors wants out, would you do Connors for Bate? I don't think either are better than Connors, but Houli and Batchelor are just better fits for us, leaving Connors surplus to demands. I think Bate would work well as our 3rd tall. I have no idea of what's going on along your half back line, and I don't want to lie about Connors, he's undisciplined, a moron, yet supremely talented. On potential I'd say he's probably ahead of Bate. It wouldn't be the first time a player has left Punt Rd and resurrected an AFL career...

I would do Connors for Bate for sure. If Connors sorts his s**t out he'll be a gun.

I'd do that trade to be honest. Gives Connors another chance and allows Bate the opportunity to play more football as from what I can tell his chances will continue to be limited. We could use an extra half backman as we have enough mid sized forwards so yeah, wouldn't mind that one.

Doubt it will even get close to happening but nice to see a supporter offer up a decent trade for once.

Speaking of Bate - and Joel Mac:

"At Melbourne, Joel MacDonald joins a number of fringe players yet to be re-contracted by the Demons.

He was taken as No.1 pick in the pre-season draft two years ago, but has drifted out of favour, with the Demons focusing on youth.

Matthew Bate is under contract at Melbourne, but will be hoping to find a new home in trade week after limited chances this season."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lldogs-wish-list/story-fn69a32t-1226157588606

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"At Melbourne, Joel MacDonald joins a number of fringe players yet to be re-contracted by the Demons.

He was taken as No.1 pick in the pre-season draft two years ago, but has drifted out of favour, with the Demons focusing on youth.

Matthew Bate is under contract at Melbourne, but will be hoping to find a new home in trade week after limited chances this season."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lldogs-wish-list/story-fn69a32t-1226157588606

Hopefully we re-sign MacDonald. No point letting him go this year.

I read an article in the herald sun over the weekend that quoted Bate or quoted him from twitter denying reports of wanting to be traded but it could of been one of those generic statements until trade peroid arrives.

I would like us to hold on to Bate for next year and give him a chance in the midfield, he is strong body and could mould his game to help us win clearences and lessening the load on Moloney.

Joel Mac should be delisted IMO, depsite a weak draft we have plenty of options down back. I was a fan until a few of his performances later in the year that were very ordinary, in particular the richmond game were he refused to man up Brad Miller.

I read that comment re: Bate too. I think it was in the Sunday Herald Sun on the back page of the spots section (Hutchys section). Said something along the lines that he will be at the Demons next year.

I think Bate is a required player. Had a poor year along with a few others, but he showed something in the last game that suggests he might be worth a go in burts through the midfield. And our forwardline is hardly locked in, so if he finds form, and remains injury free, could still be handy.

Joel Mac on the other hand, I'm not here or there about. I wouldn't be shattered if he left. But like Bate, he is handy. I'd prefer to keep Bate than JMac, just. JMac puts in, no doubt. But his disposal lets him down time and time again. Anything can happen trade week, but I'd be surprised to see both go, and maybe with Warnock wanting out, we might hold onto JMac for another season or two until TMac and Davis start cementing there spots.

As for Connors from Richmond, I'd be definitely keen. I nearly put him in the Sylvia category! A lot of untapped potential there. We could play him as a hard bodied midfielder or use him across half back. Would be very keen to get him across. Would Richmond trade for Warnock/JMac/Bate?

Bater was as good as gone with Bailey there, but maybe Neeld might want him? I think that as we continue to develop, Dunn has a better chance of featuring in our top forward line than Bater, and think we could get decent compo if we traded him now... Maybe to Sydney and chase Jesse White?

IMO Joel Mc should be kept, Strauss out for a year, Barty had an up and down year, Nicholson still a work in progress. Would continue to free up JB to have a shot at being the forward that we all hoped Wona could be...

Hey, was on your forum and came past this thread. It wasn't junk made up by Richmond BF posters, it was reported on PRE that we have been talking to him. Just wondering, if there was a deal to be done, what would you be happy with?

2nd Round for Him?
Or Mitch Morton for Blease + 3rd Round?

Not too sure of his value, so could you help me out.

Blease is worth more then morton. So leave this thread and take your wild meandering with you

if we lose macdonald... i won't be impressed

As for Connors from Richmond, I'd be definitely keen. I nearly put him in the Sylvia category! A lot of untapped potential there. We could play him as a hard bodied midfielder or use him across half back. Would be very keen to get him across. Would Richmond trade for Warnock/JMac/Bate?

I think Richmond could use Bate, maybe Bate for Connors? We might be winning out of that & have to add in something else, but if they were interested in Bate in the first place then maybe straight swap. There's a "rate the trade value of your list" thread on the D&T board, saw 2 Richmond lists, one rated him 21-35 & the other 35-60.

Tom Lynch from Saints (no, unfortunately not the GC 1) is supposedly on the outer, just turned 21 (less than a week ago), played 5 average games for them this year for a career total of 6. We could look to get him cheap, late draft pick or rookie if delisted. It's well known young guys didn't get much of a go under Lyon, so a change of scenery might do him the world of good.

I think Richmond could use Bate, maybe Bate for Connors? We might be winning out of that & have to add in something else, but if they were interested in Bate in the first place then maybe straight swap. There's a "rate the trade value of your list" thread on the D&T board, saw 2 Richmond lists, one rated him 21-35 & the other 35-60.

Tom Lynch from Saints (no, unfortunately not the GC 1) is supposedly on the outer, just turned 21 (less than a week ago), played 5 average games for them this year for a career total of 6. We could look to get him cheap, late draft pick or rookie if delisted. It's well known young guys didn't get much of a go under Lyon, so a change of scenery might do him the world of good.

Agreed that Bate for Connors mightn't be enough - maybe a second or third round pick swap seeing as fourth round is next to useless?

To me, Tom Lynch is undersized and doesn't play strong enough to be a genuine KPF- he's more a mobile link-up tall which we we have a few of. 192cm and under 90kgs, he's certainly not the hulking full forward we crave and I don't know whether he can get there. Shame too as he seemed a real likely type in the U18s...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back