Society & Culture Things You Do Simply To Be A Dog...

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't consider this a dog act, but on a one lane road, if some crazy ****er comes up behind me speeding, I will continue to sit on the speed limit. They can get stuffed if they think I'm going to speed for them.
thats just common sense really..

to all the people saying they slow down to 20 or 30 in a 60 when being tailgated its f-wits like you that cause accidents aswell. you can get done for driving at an unsafe speed or something like that? i read about an old lady who got done for doing 40 in a 100 zone.

im not encouraging tail-gaters or speeders but the road is no place to play your childish mind games as a car is not a toy, its a weapon. the tragedy just gone where the 5 young guys died is a reminder of this.

grow up, move out of their way and let the police do their job and catch those idiots.

(things i do simply to be a dog= express my opinions like an arrogrant prick on big footy)

When a telemarketer rings up, I tell them I will be right back after I ask my wife:D I return a few minutes later. Or sometimes I just ask them bizarre questions or start advertising a product of my own. :D

I pretend to be Luke Skywalker and attempt to have a philosophical discussion with them about how their product would be used by Jedi when interacting with the Force.

I just went to grab a glass of water from the cooler at work. I got there and realised it was empty. Being the good person I am, I took the bottle off the top and went to replace it with a fresh one.

I then noticed there were no fewer than 10 empty bottles there waiting for collection, so the empty one went straight back on top as I walked away as if I'd never wanted a drink. I'm happy to replace it if it's there, but screw carrying them up flights of stairs!

Last night I was driving down Cotham Road in Kew.

I was behind a car in the right hand lane as we approached a red light. I indicated and changed to the left hand lane, even though there was a parked car about 50 metres after the lights.

I actually do this quite often and accelerate hard once it goes green and then ease in to the right lane to get a jump on traffic.

This other guy was on to me. He floored it when the light went green. I thought "Ok, fair enough," so I slowed down as I approached the parked car. As I did this, he also slowed down to about 40kph, essentially boxing me in, before taking off.

I've got no problem with him taking off from the lights (I do it all the time!), but deliberately slowing down to essentially make me come to a stop was a dog act with absolutely no one else on the road.

Uni carpark is pretty terrible and generally half a dozon cars driving around looking for a park all the time. For example ill be parked in in aisle A, so when walking back to my car id start at H and walk across every section til i reach my car. Generally people looking for a spot would then drive into the aisle thinking my car is there and im about to leave.

I was behind a car in the right hand lane as we approached a red light. I indicated and changed to the left hand lane, even though there was a parked car about 50 metres after the lights.

I actually do this quite often and accelerate hard once it goes green and then ease in to the right lane to get a jump on traffic.

This other guy was on to me. He floored it when the light went green. I thought "Ok, fair enough," so I slowed down as I approached the parked car. As I did this, he also slowed down to about 40kph, essentially boxing me in, before taking off.

I've got no problem with him taking off from the lights (I do it all the time!), but deliberately slowing down to essentially make me come to a stop was a dog act with absolutely no one else on the road.

Dog act, but would've been worse if there were other people on the road, such that you'd get caught up until the end of the traffic line. Don't see the point why that w***er did it for given no on else was on the road. Stupidity at its finest once again.

There is a dual lane road not far from my house. At the lights most people move over to the left as the right lane is a compulsory turn onto the freeway in about 100m. However some tossers like to roar down the outside and then scoot back into the left lane at the last minute and get in front of everyone, sometimes its pretty dangerous. I saw one guy in a 'fully sick holden' do it like 3 times and he was doing a ridiculous speed. One day he went to do it again and i was in front of the left lane, i stayed at the exact same speed as him, he sped up, so did i. He slowed down, so did i. He was forced to turn on to the freeway which at the time was absolutely banked up. I dont think he realised i did it on purpose but i havent seen the guy since. Wouldnt do it again cause it was pretty stupid, but it was oh so sweet at the time.

This thread is priceless.

I like to sit alongside trucks on the freeway..kinda box them in when I can see they want to pull into the right hand lane behind me (and eventually hold everyone else up behind them). Those guys just love pulling in front of everyone else without looking....so I just sit at the speed they are going so they have no where to pull out. Once cars catch up behind me I increase speed and off I go.

Perfect example of why road rage is so irrational.

You are pissed off because his dog act was better than yours. Lets be honest, if you were in the right lane and he tried to burn you off the lights, you would of done the same.

I'm no different to you as I'm sure many others arent either. Trying s**t dog acts all the time when driving but getting all pissed off when someone does exactly the same.

I love cutting up the inside of a queue and then indicating to cut in on some sucker. It makes my blood boil when i see someone else do it though!

Road rage makes driving more adventurous! Its good for the soul.

Perfect example of why road rage is so irrational.

You are pissed off because his dog act was better than yours. Lets be honest, if you were in the right lane and he tried to burn you off the lights, you would of done the same.

I'm no different to you as I'm sure many others arent either. Trying s**t dog acts all the time when driving but getting all pissed off when someone does exactly the same.

Wrong!

My move was not a dog act. I do it every time I have the opportunity. More often than not there's a family or an older, more conservative driver in the right land that will take 10 seconds to reach the speed limit on that particular road. If I go in the left lane, I take them at the lights (sensibly, not like a drag) and then overtake.

It's a standard maneuver in my books.

On that particular occasion, the guy in the right lane took of as well (which he is well within his rights to do). Upon recognising this, I slowed down to let him pass which is when he slowed to a crawl.

That is a dog act! Not my attempt of being smart to get a head start off the lights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not big on mischief on the roads but I did do a semi dog act one time.

Some guy was tailgating me in the wet. We both were turning sharp right and he was still up my clacker as we approached the bend. I was in my WRX on Michelins so I deliberately didn't brake before I turned knowing that if he did the same in his old Commodore he could be in trouble. Sure enough when I looked in back in my mirror he was sideways with his rear wheels on the nature strip.

I'm not big on mischief on the roads but I did do a semi dog act one time.

Some guy was tailgating me in the wet. We both were turning sharp right and he was still up my clacker as we approached the bend. I was in my WRX on Michelins so I deliberately didn't brake before I turned knowing that if he did the same in his old Commodore he could be in trouble. Sure enough when I looked in back in my mirror he was sideways with his rear wheels on the nature strip.

I don't view this as a dog act, I view this as allowing someone's stupidity to blow up in his face.

This isn't something I've done, but I once witnessed a car tailgating another car right up his arse on a stinking hot dry dusty afternoon, so the driver in the front car partially maneuvered his left wheels off the road, blowing a massive cloud of dust in front of the back car's front window. Caused him to slow down, whilst the front car continued on at the speed limit as per normal :thumbsu:

Driving through big puddles on the sides of roads where people are either walking or waiting at a bus stop= hilarious:D

Wrong!

My move was not a dog act. I do it every time I have the opportunity. More often than not there's a family or an older, more conservative driver in the right land that will take 10 seconds to reach the speed limit on that particular road. If I go in the left lane, I take them at the lights (sensibly, not like a drag) and then overtake.

It's a standard maneuver in my books.

On that particular occasion, the guy in the right lane took of as well (which he is well within his rights to do). Upon recognising this, I slowed down to let him pass which is when he slowed to a crawl.

That is a dog act! Not my attempt of being smart to get a head start off the lights.

Im sorry, I thought this thread was things you do simply to be a dog. Not, things you do which are standard maneuvers...

FWIW its not a standard maneuver, it is dangerous. You have to speed to get in front of the other car before you plow into the inevitable parked car on the left... Im not saying I dont do it, but at least I have some perspective and know that I am driving like a prick!

This is really one of lifes finest pleasures. Particularly because the oppurtunity comes along so rarely.

Truly wonderful.

Remember one day we'd just come out of the surf and had just changed out of my wetty, still had the back of the station wagon open when I heard a "toot toot"
Looked up to see this bugga driving a combi van with a grin the size of the chesire cat pull of the road and into the rain filled potholes. I think his name was Rick which was spelt with a silent 'P'.

Im sorry, I thought this thread was things you do simply to be a dog. Not, things you do which are standard maneuvers...

FWIW its not a standard maneuver, it is dangerous. You have to speed to get in front of the other car before you plow into the inevitable parked car on the left... Im not saying I dont do it, but at least I have some perspective and know that I am driving like a prick!

It also often forces the driver on the right hand side to brake and let the guy on the left in which he wouldn't have to do otherwise. I get incredibly shitted off when people try it on me but I also do it often myself so I guess what goes around comes around.

The thing on the road that irritates me more than anything is tailgaters, imo they are the biggest assholes going around. It is just entirely not necessary and is so dangerous. Twice ive been tailgated going at 50 km/hr down residential streets where 50 is just about the max speed you can drive at and is also the limit. Both times I've moved my car to the middle of the road when there is no oncoming traffic and slowed down to 25 km/hr, whilst also blocking them so they can't overtake. I love it when they start tooting their horn and getting all pissed off whilst I just stick my finger out the window the whole time.

i enjoy getting shitfaced with a group of my mates, heading into the city & king hitting blokes who look at us funny.

awesome fun lol :thumbsu:

If I do an especially large and impressive no2 in a pub toilet, I leave it where it is & try and dash into the next cubicle to wipe.

That makes no sense. I wipe my ass in the same cubicle. On my way out I put the lid down for some poor bloke to discover the surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back