Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/23aff5b552a4c6428a358deacb3127f8

Chris Scott’s head was on the pillow in a Cambridge, Massachusetts bedroom but his mind was spinning at a million miles an hour.
In that lonely pre-dawn hour the Geelong premiership coach was getting his head around life after Tim Kelly.

Scott was completing a Harvard University study course, but back home master recruiter Stephen Wells was completing a trade deal for Kelly that Scott had officially endorsed.

All West Coast needed was to pull the trigger and hand over picks 20, 22 and their 2019 second-rounder in exchange for Kelly and the Cats’ 2019 third-rounder.

Geelong had just handed the reigning premiers the most electrifying young midfield talent to enter the game that season.

Then Scott’s phone beeped again.

“It was about 4.30am US time and I was in Harvard so I had a little bit on my mind over and above the Tim Kelly thing, which was clearly the most important thing on my mind,” Scott revealed to the Herald Sun this week.

“So then the text message came through 15 minutes later. It’s always Wellsy, he takes responsibility for it. The text just said NO DEAL.

“I could not have been happier.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/23aff5b552a4c6428a358deacb3127f8

Still laughing at WC last season. Cheap salary long term deal for a couple of picks in the 20s and a second round pick. It to expensive lol

If they lost the granny and Kelly type player was the missing piece, your argument makes more sense.
They won the premiership, Gaff chose to stay so there is really no need for them to be desperate.

If they lost the granny and Kelly type player was the missing piece, your argument makes more sense.
They won the premiership, Gaff chose to stay so there is really no need for them to be desperate.
He plays nothing like gaff. Comparison makes no sense

He plays nothing like gaff. Comparison makes no sense

Gaff leaving would've opened up the midfield hole/need making Kelly a necessity. West coast are the 2018 premiers, it's your sfellow that doesn't make any sense at all.

Gaff leaving would've opened up the midfield hole/need making Kelly a necessity. West coast are the 2018 premiers, it's your sfellow that doesn't make any sense at all.
Gaff is an outside midfielder. Kelly plays both inside and outside. Maybe you need to watch some football. They made a bad call last year and your sad passive aggressive post doesnt change that

Gaff is an outside midfielder. Kelly plays both inside and outside. Maybe you need to watch some football. They made a bad call last year and your sad passive aggressive post doesnt change that

haha sad passive aggressive, stop crying now. you keep claiming like they've missed out on something. They've got the biggest price for the season without Kelly in their books. Drum it up all you like, not having Kelly didn't hurt them at all in 2018. Fact.

haha sad passive aggressive, stop crying now. you keep claiming like they've missed out on something. They've got the biggest price for the season without Kelly in their books. Drum it up all you like, not having Kelly didn't hurt them at all in 2018. Fact.
They never had Kelly in 2018 :$ Please try and add a bit of value next time you post.

They never had Kelly in 2018 :$ Please try and add a bit of value next time you post.

Well I can only match the quality of the post coming from you. All I see so far " oh still laughing at west coast", "oh, I can't believe they didn't do the deal", "haha west coast".. mate, put some effort into explaining why they need him that badly.

West Coast not having him didn't create a problem for them last year. But feel free to continue your "Still laughing at west coast, haha west coast". Quality post.

Well I can only match the quality of the post coming from you. All I see so far " oh still laughing at west coast", "oh, I can't believe they didn't do the deal", "haha west coast".. mate, put some effort into explaining why they need him that badly.

West Coast not having him didn't create a problem for them last year. But feel free to continue your "Still laughing at west coast, haha west coast". Quality post.
Yep nothing of value to add. I think we are done here

Laughable that you're trying to analyse if Kelly is a need. Their premiership window is open and they had the opportunity to add a top midfielder. No question he improves them and the price was not obscene at all, obtuse to suggest otherwise. Good teams make mistakes too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughable that you're trying to analyse if Kelly is a need. Their premiership window is open and they had the opportunity to add a top midfielder. No question he improves them and the price was not obscene at all, obtuse to suggest otherwise. Good teams make mistakes too.

Not silly at all.

Reigning premier, still in the race for another. Who did Hawthorn add after 13-15? WB after 16? Rich after 17?

Want yes need no. I'm sure Geelong would take a number of WC players but not at any cost.

You can make it sound like a silly argument to convince yourself, but but asking WC to pay a premium straight after a grand final victory makes it even more questionable.

Not silly at all.

Reigning premier, still in the race for another. Who did Hawthorn add after 13-15? WB after 16? Rich after 17?

Want yes need no. I'm sure Geelong would take a number of WC players but not at any cost.

True. If you had Kelly and he was available I’d happily trade pick 20, 22 and a future 2nd for him. That said, I’d happily trade Geelong’s future first too.

From the sounds of that Geelong were being incredibly accommodating. 20+22 (which each ended up a few picks later) and a late future pick upgrade was well below Kelly's value. Much different from demanding a future first as well. I'm pretty staggered West Coast didn't accept that. What are they even talking to the player for if they won't agree to a deal where they're clear winners? I'm not surprised he's apparently considering Freo now.

Credit to Wells for denying that lowball offer and holding onto Kelly for at least one more year. Two picks in the 20s and one in the 30s? That's a disastrous offer - I wonder what Kelly thinks of West Coast after they failed to properly rate him for seven years running now...

West Coast have spent their $ retaining McGovern and Gaff so you may have to deal with a much more fairer Freo this year.

Wait until Peter Bell leaves a "take it or leave it" 2019 second rounder on table to watch you squirm. Reality check around the corner in this one.

From the sounds of that Geelong were being incredibly accommodating. 20+22 (which each ended up a few picks later) and a late future pick upgrade was well below Kelly's value. Much different from demanding a future first as well. I'm pretty staggered West Coast didn't accept that. What are they even talking to the player for if they won't agree to a deal where they're clear winners? I'm not surprised he's apparently considering Freo now.
Only a guess but from the outside you'd think they're still seething that they somehow let him get away after playing right under their noses for the best part of half a decade. Almost a face-saving exercise to bring him back on the cheap to appease their egos, yet even that futile attempt resulted in more egg to the face.

West Coast have spent their $ retaining McGovern and Gaff so you may have to deal with a much more fairer Freo this year.

Wait until Peter Bell leaves a "take it or leave it" 2019 second rounder on table to watch you squirm. Reality check around the corner in this one.
Ahh, the classic BigFooty rhetoric. Let me guess, if we don't take the 2nd round pick they will pick him up for free in the pre-season draft? A ripsnorter. :drunk:

Only a guess but from the outside you'd think they're still seething that they somehow let him get away after playing right under their noses for the best part of half a decade. Almost a face-saving exercise to bring him back on the cheap to appease their egos, yet even that futile attempt resulted in more egg to the face.

As opposed to the 17 other clubs that drafted him during that period. You picked Fogarty ahead of him FFS.

I look forward to the next rendition of what Geelong would have accepted last year that WC wouldn't offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back