Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like if Geelong can't find a trade it looks like Kelly would be happy to spend another year at the Cattery.

Why?

He’s just on the news in Perth saying happy to go Freo, just prefers WC. So he’s going home, just to the highest bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adelaide received pick 9, pick 28 and Dean Gore for Dangerfield who was the best player in the comp at the time and 25years old.

Sound similar to me.

Eagles should give them pick 14, 23 and Chris Masten.

Done and if Geelong don't like it tough. You get what you give and you gave Adelaide this. Hypocrisy the way they have gone about it last few years in regard to Tim Kelly. Hopefully other teams are taking notice of this and refuse to deal with them in future trades. Horrible team to be dealing with.

We should just let Kelly go to draft and work it out there if Geelong continue being two faced.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Funny also how Geelong pretending like gore was any good. We asked for Duncan, cockatoo etc but refused to trade anyone other than dean gore because they new deep down he was no more than a very good lower league player

Best player in the comp? He hadnt even won a brownlow at that point. Fyfe was regarded as the best. Kelly got more votes this season then dangerfield had at the crows. Kelly also has significant further upside given its only his second season.

Danger was a free agent. He could walk if geelong was not a nice guy and willing to trade.

Geelong aint being two faced. Being completely up front. Kelly is one of the best mids in the comp and west coast must pay slight unders. Not massive ridiculous unders.
He and Fyfe were definitely the best in the comp. some cats supporters would laugh when we’d say he was better than Selwood.

Funny also how Geelong pretending like gore was any good. We asked for Duncan, cockatoo etc but refused to trade anyone other than dean gore because they new deep down he was no more than a very good lower league player
But extended him in his draft yr. for leverage. Yet ******* cry when one wants to go for family..

Best player in the comp? He hadnt even won a brownlow at that point. Fyfe was regarded as the best. Kelly got more votes this season then dangerfield had at the crows. Kelly also has significant further upside given its only his second season.

Danger was a free agent. He could walk if geelong was not a nice guy and willing to trade.

Geelong aint being two faced. Being completely up front. Kelly is one of the best mids in the comp and west coast must pay slight unders. Not massive ridiculous unders.
Danger was rfa and we said from the start we’d match so it went trade.
People please. Match.

I agree that he is in the top echelon but the post suggested close to top 5 but if you were to draft a team from the I suggest that he wouldn't be in your first 15 picks

That maybe the case but based on this years performance which granted does not necessarily translate to future years he becomes our number 1 midfielder.

He didn't say that at all. He said he's chosen WC he has no issue at all with Freo as a club.
As in - I'm a little bit tired and I dont feel like talking to idiots right now about bullshit ?
Said diplomaticly though.

Last edited:
Extract from WC board of TKs remarks in Perth:

People overstating the statements made about Freo

Q: Why did you choose WC
A: I've spoken to the appropriate people about that and don't feel the need to share it
Q: Would you play for Freo
A: I have no issue with Freo as a club, most people have preferences these days and mine is West Coast
Q: Geelong seemed pretty disappointed at your trade request
A: Well, I guess I am a pretty important player, they have every right to expect a good trade and here's hoping it get's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he ends up at West Coast because I’d like us to take our picks to the draft but I do hope Bell drives up the price West Coast has to pay. Let Geelong know we’ve got an offer of 6 & 22 on the board and Geelong can negotiate with West Coast from there.

I hope he ends up at West Coast because I’d like us to take our picks to the draft but I do hope Bell drives up the price West Coast has to pay. Let Geelong know we’ve got an offer of 6 & 22 on the board and Geelong can negotiate with West Coast from there.

Which then turns into WCE returning the favour at some stage. Your short term joy at something pointless turns into pain down the track.

Cool story.

Not sure why WC care what Freo offer. All 3 parties (the 2 clubs and the player) need to sign for the trade. TK has made it clear, multiple times (including recently through his manager to correct intentional misinformation from Geelong) that he wants a trade to WC.

Geelong can go and get an offer from GC, Freo or Adelaide. All means the same, absolutely nothing. If or when WC and Geelong meet agreement then TK's management need to pick up the phone. Not prior to be pitched a job he has no interest in.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cool story.

Not sure why WC care what Freo offer. All 3 parties (the 2 clubs and the player) need to sign for the trade. TK has made it clear, multiple times (including recently through his manager to correct intentional misinformation from Geelong) that he wants a trade to WC.

Geelong can go and get an offer from GC, Freo or Adelaide. All means the same, absolutely nothing. If or when WC and Geelong meet agreement then TK's management need to pick up the phone. Not prior to be pitched a job he has no interest in.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’re right, both Geelong and West Coast have to agree to a trade. Geelong can keep saying ‘no’ and make West Coast work harder to get the deal they want with the threat of sending him to the draft. All they will have lost is a 2017 second round pick because they never had 14 and your 2020 first round pick in the first place.

C’mon Wells, bend WC over and go in dry!

I'm pretty sure a trade will get done between Westcoast and Geelong. I'd love to see a poll on what people think the final trade will be though because it seems to me that there is a massive difference in opinion.

My guess is a 3rd party will be involved. Something like:

Geelong
Gain 5 + 14 + 22 + Steven
Lose 16 + 34 + 52 + future 3rd + Kelly
(1,783 points plus Steven)

WCE:
Gain: Kelly + 34 + future 3rd
Lose: 14, 22, Future 1st
(Equivalent of pick 9 + 20 or 2,379 points)

St Kilda:
Gain: 16 + Future 1st (WCE) + 52
Lose: 5 + Steven
(Gains equivalent of pick 32)

*Assumes the value of WCE future 1st is pick 14
** Assumes the value of Gee future 3rd is pick 52
*** Assumes Steven is worth pick 40 and St Kilda deserves a point premium for giving up pick 5
**** Assumes Kelly is worth 2,379 points

It'll all be different once we know where compo picks and academy bidding falls but I think that's the ballpark of the trade. I've heard a 3rd for Steven but if it's more than Geelong will have to give up a bit more to St Kilda.

Back