Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the hell would give him the starters gig? Cleveland?

Just what the Dawg Pound needs, a CULT figure!! Surprisingly ROSEMVP didn't say Jacksonville. C'MON MAN!! He is Jacksonville (only playing in another uniform!!). Florida needs Tebow back! Perfect harmony really. Jacksonville have been Steelers bogee team and Tebow has already conquered that mountain. Steelers would have fits with Tebow in a Jaguars uniform although this week.. I'm feeling a tad nervous.. can see Rexy unleashing Tebow for a gallop.

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Just what the Dawg Pound needs, a CULT figure!! Surprisingly ROSEMVP didn't say Jacksonville. C'MON MAN!! He is Jacksonville (only playing in another uniform!!). Florida needs Tebow back! Perfect harmony really. Jacksonville have been Steelers bogee team and Tebow has already conquered that mountain. Steelers would have fits with Tebow in a Jaguars uniform although this week.. I'm feeling a tad nervous.. can see Rexy unleashing Tebow for a gallop.

They got Gabbert or whatever his name is. He played well in preseason. Plus the coaching staff of the Jags didn't like the idea of Tebow. Owner did.

I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious or taking the piss here, I'll just assume serious. :p What Cleveland need is a competent starting QB, maybe if they go poorly enough they can get Barkley, surely Richardson could become that "cult figure". Tebow knows there'll always be a spot waiting for him in Jacksonville, he'd be smart to exhaust all other options first. Tebow might be needed this week, surely Sanchez will be brought back down to earth this week.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional sporting franchise, not a charity :D

Why would the Browns need a competent QB but not Jacksonville?

The Jaguars need a higher profile, and more ticket/merchandise sales. But so do a lot of teams. Sure, Tebow would bring the money, but so would winning. Unless the Jaguars go full-on college ball with a Triple Option offense, Tebow is not going to develop into a competent pocket QB to make the Jaguars a serious winning team. Blaine Gabbert can still develop into that, why they stuck with him. Competent pocket passing is needed in the NFL when all is said and done.

Otherwise, every club would want Tebow purely for the higher media profile thus money he would generate thru ticket/merchandise sales. But no organization is going to genuinely want Tebow as a starting QB in a pro-style NFL. If it wasn't for the Jets, Tebow would be out of work.

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional sporting franchise, not a charity :D

Why would the Browns need a competent QB but not Jacksonville?

The Jaguars need a higher profile, and more ticket/merchandise sales. But so do a lot of teams. Sure, Tebow would bring the money, but so would winning. Unless the Jaguars go full-on college ball with a Triple Option offense, Tebow is not going to develop into a competent pocket QB to make the Jaguars a serious winning team. Blaine Gabbert can still develop into that, why they stuck with him. Competent pocket passing is needed in the NFL when all is said and done.

Otherwise, every club would want Tebow purely for the higher media profile thus money he would generate thru ticket/merchandise sales. But no organization is going to genuinely want Tebow as a starting QB in a pro-style NFL. If it wasn't for the Jets, Tebow would be out of work.

Tebow to the cowboys to replace Kyle Orton as backup QB. Can also play back up Running Back.

But the owner wants Tebow, maybe he doesn't think they're capable of winning consistently right now (and they're not with so many pieces still to be put in place). So he can use Tebow to keep the fans interested until some of those holes are filled. Gabbert has improved, but really, he was so rubbish last year it wouldn't be difficult to.

Once Tebow's papers are stamped as a QB, would anyone seriously look at him for another role?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's kinda why pure business owners who have no background in football can be a disaster for GMs/HCs, why the GMs/HCs will not allow their non-football owners to push them around in who to draft/trade.

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum were open to the idea of accepting Tebow onto their roster, as those two run the football operations (not Woody Johnson) and found a way to incorporate him into their schematics (as a bit-part player). No owner is going to dictate to the HC/GM that they accept Tebow AND has to be the starting QB. They'll tell the owner to find another HC/GM. And no business-owner letting something like that happen will find a replacement GM/HC of any standing who would accept the job purely to play Tebow as a starting QB.

Same as Denver/Elway-Fox. They accepted Tebow was already on the roster when they got there, found ways to use him (as a starter), but long-term it wasn't sufficient, and they're not going to hold the organization back just to play charity with Tebow, against the HC/GMs football vision/schematics.

Shahid Khan may want and still get Tebow, but no NFL coach will accept him as a starting QB, or even get told they have to play him as a starter "or else." Like I said before, unless the owner goes out and gets someone like Urban Meyer or other NCAA coach into the NFL and run a full option offense, there's no future for Tebow in the NFL except as a bit-part QB/wildcat, or as an H-Back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of private ownership in sports. Sure, if done right it can work wonders, but that's so rare. The NFL have it better than most compeitions with that ownership model, but there's still some franchises that don't appear to be too well run from the top, and it really shows.

But yeah, wasn't really suggesting he get the starters job. More that if he ends up there it becomes a win-win for Khan, either the incumbent plays well enough to keep him out, or if he struggles, the owners have to turn to Tebow.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not many NFL players are playing for their home town, or even ever play for a team in their home town thruout their career. If Gabbert continues to improve (which he should), then Tebow will never end up in Jacksonville, and Jags fans won't care if their team is making playoffs.

Florida might be of use for Tebow, as all three clubs there are struggling for ticket sales/merchandise. Even more this year. And trending down. Let's say he does end up in Florida. Tebow alone wont help really. He's not that good, the team will need killer D. And it could get uglier if in his continued development as a pocket QB he continues to have a 24.5 QB rating type of career there, and rostered and FA WRs will not want to sign because Tebow doesn't help them pad their stats for those big contract re-negotiations. This team with all these struggles finding WRs for Tebow, and thus in turn Tebow not having any good WRs to help him in the pocket, and thus in turn Tebow sucking even more as a pocket QB. Just can't see any way for Tebow unless he truly does develop as a competent pocket QB.

The best thing for Tebow is if the Jets coaches can actually develop him, continue giving him a million reps with a new throwing mechanism, till it becomes ingrained. Will need a few years. Maybe they can make him look Kolb-ish enough in a couple years they can trade him to a team as a competent pocket QB.

Gotta give kudos to Tebow when it comes to keeping himself up and willing to play 'for the team' meaning he can allow himself to be accepted by teammates. Seems that his Denver teammates truly rallied around him like no other and for all the leadership talk he possesses, it's not like it's going to take much for him to get a starting gig with a game manager QB type role with a team having a dependable running game and Jax & Cleveland are in that realm. Too early to be making calls of College studs like Weeden who will likely blossom in the short term but if the Browns issue is more about not scoring enough, then surely their QB situation needs a shake up come season end. I wouldn't be thinking Weeden is the answer if he can't get at least 4 x 300+ yard / 10 TD's type games in his debut NFL season whereas Tebow has only passed 300 twice but scored 17 passing and 12 rushing TD's.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I don't know a heap about the technicalities involved in weighing up the strengths/weaknesses of each player in different positions, but I don't understand why Tebow isn't played in an alternate offensive position. His strength is his running game and his weakness clearly is his throwing action so why not use his strength in a different position, even possibly a Running Back? I don't like him as a QB even as a back-up QB to Sanchez. I like Sanchez but that is another discussion, but I don't get why the Jets don't use Tebow in another role, either having him as a receiver of some kind ro a RB? There may be obvious reasons why he can't play those roles but it would be good to at least see him tried there.

Or is it more that Tebow has dictated he wants to play QB and nothing else? Because if thats the case it should be clear to him that it might be a choice between playing a dfferent role and ending back in the bush leagues.

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don't know a heap about the technicalities involved in weighing up the strengths/weaknesses of each player in different positions, but I don't understand why Tebow isn't played in an alternate offensive position. His strength is his running game and his weakness clearly is his throwing action so why not use his strength in a different position, even possibly a Running Back? I don't like him as a QB even as a back-up QB to Sanchez. I like Sanchez but that is another discussion, but I don't get why the Jets don't use Tebow in another role, either having him as a receiver of some kind ro a RB? There may be obvious reasons why he can't play those roles but it would be good to at least see him tried there.

Or is it more that Tebow has dictated he wants to play QB and nothing else? Because if thats the case it should be clear to him that it might be a choice between playing a dfferent role and ending back in the bush leagues.

Give me Tebow over Sanchez anyday. However you suggesting Timmy playing Running Back is a great idea. The guy is 6ft3 and 250 pounds and can run.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Give me Tebow over Sanchez anyday. However you suggesting Timmy playing Running Back is a great idea. The guy is 6ft3 and 250 pounds and can run.

Especially when it seems like RB may be a weakness in the Jets offense. Greene is OK but not a completely damaging player. Tebow is a monster for that position and can run as you say so could plow through some offenses you would think (he showed last year he has some agility too though maybe not enough for RB?)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry, ladies: TMZ reports Tim Tebow now has a girlfriend

c1031tebow.jpg

Tim Tebow and Camilla Belle. (via TMZ)

Fair warning: This post is SO not about football. If you continue past this point, you are entering a football-free zone, and you will be on your own. You've been warned.

Big news from the celebrity circuit, as TMZ is reporting that Tim Tebow, the most famous theoretical quarterback in the world, now has a girlfriend.
We will note in the strongest possible terms that this is UNCONFIRMED, for those of you concerned with such things. But this, according to TMZ, is the deal: "Tim and Camilla Belle showed up at Latitude 30 in Jacksonville, Florida Tuesday night, where they bowled and partied ... People who were at Latitude 30 last night tell us Tim and Camilla were overly affectionate throughout the evening, holding hands and touching."

Well. There you go. Tebow has been linked in tabloid pages with everyone from Taylor Swift to Lolo Jones. But this is the first time the tabloids are willing to say that Tebow has himself a ladyfriend.

According to IMDB, her acting credits include roles in "10,000 B.C." and "The Chumscrubber." (Were YOU in "The Chumscrubber"? No? Then don't laugh.) For her part, Belle has been linked to Robert Pattinson and Joe Jonas, and according to The Hollywood Gossip is the woman for whom Joe left Taylor Swift. So apparently we've got Ms. Belle to blame for three albums' worth of vengeful breakup songs from Ms. Swift.

Anyway, long as she doesn't decide to swap him out for Mark Sanchez, all should be right in Tebow's world. And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled football programming.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Btw, I have noticed people often fall in love with a version of their facial self in the opposite sex.

Some people marry/fall-in-love with an opposite in this regard, but so many times you notice couples who are versions of themselves.

Looking at him and her facially, they "fell in love with their own self."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back