News Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games 24 August 2021 – 5 September 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh good..they're over. Didn't watch a day
Possible the only feel good thread here at the moment and you decided to post?

Given that I assume you will give the Para Olympics a miss as well?

Possible the only feel good thread here at the moment and you decided to post?

Given that I assume you will give the Para Olympics a miss as well?
Didn't mean to upset anyone.
I've never understood the fascination with the Olympics.
And I was kind of bemused to see a thread on a football forum about them.
I 've had them shoved down my throat for 2 weeks by inane media personalities who literally have no idea what they're talking about. If you like track and field/swimming/skateboarding/sailing great - enjoy your sports moment in the sun.
I know how the anti football league started now.
Sorry to be a killjoy.
As for the Paralympics they're fine. You might even catch me watching an event or two.

Felt flat today now that the games are over.

View attachment 1200932

21 August - next round of the Diamond League. This one in Eugene Oregon before returning to Europe for the last three rounds then the finale in Zurich.

If you got into the aths over the Olympics you can watch them having another crack.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I 've had them shoved down my throat for 2 weeks by inane media personalities who literally have no idea what they're talking about. If you like track and field/swimming/skateboarding/sailing great - enjoy your sports moment in the sun.
Sorry to be a killjoy.
As for the Paralympics they're fine. You might even catch me watching an event or two.
That’s an interesting perspective.
You don’t like the commentary on the Olympics, though Bruce definitely knows his business with track and field, but your ok watching the Paralympics with the same comms who would know even less about the competition?
We had Bogut and Gaze doing the basketball. Bruce on track and field. Thorpedo on the swimming.
Jess Fox had her dad, an Olympic medallist himself, as commentator.
Im sure there were some reporters who had just boned up on the rules of the sport they had to cover, but all in all, 7 did give us knowledgeable commentators.
And, this is 2021, how can you say the “Olympics were shoved down my throat”? Many alternative FTA channels, many streaming options. Even Foxtel available. And I can assure you, no Olympics on Fox.
Youre entitled to not like the once every four yearts event, but you may have made a mistake posting that dislike in an Olympic dedicated thread.

*edit* I don’t know who the woman was commenting the equestrian events, but she had a British accent. That’s enough for me to think she knows her s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to be a killjoy.
Good on you for coming back and clarifying.:thumbsu:

That’s an interesting perspective.
You don’t like the commentary on the Olympics, though Bruce definitely knows his business with track and field, but your ok watching the Paralympics with the same comms who would know even less about the competition?
We had Bogut and Gaze doing the basketball. Bruce on track and field. Thorpedo on the swimming.
Jess Fox had her dad, an Olympic medallist himself, as commentator.
Im sure there were some reporters who had just boned up on the rules of the sport they had to cover, but all in all, 7 did give us knowledgeable commentators.
And, this is 2021, how can you say the “Olympics were shoved down my throat”? Many alternative FTA channels, many streaming options. Even Foxtel available. And I can assure you, no Olympics on Fox.
Youre entitled to not like the once every four yearts event, but you may have made a mistake posting that dislike in an Olympic dedicated thread.

*edit* I don’t know who the woman was commenting the equestrian events, but she had a British accent. That’s enough for me to think she knows her sh*t.
Wasn't talking about the commentary was talking about media commentary via radio tv etc

Wasn't talking about the commentary was talking about media commentary via radio tv etc
Fair enough.
But I much preferred the positive reporting on the Games, compared to the constant assault of negativity that is the reporting on Covid.
I mean how many times do I need to hear from a business that is “going out of business” because of lockdown?
I know it’s been tough, and will continue to be tough. But we understand that there will be failures and bankruptcy out of the lockdowns. And which ever business is today’s emergency, it’s no different than yesterday’s business emergency.
For me, humans pushing themselves to new personal bests, to new Olympic/world records, is a much better way to spend a day.

Fair enough.
But I much preferred the positive reporting on the Games, compared to the constant assault of negativity that is the reporting on Covid.
I mean how many times do I need to hear from a business that is “going out of business” because of lockdown?
I know it’s been tough, and will continue to be tough. But we understand that there will be failures and bankruptcy out of the lockdowns. And which ever business is today’s emergency, it’s no different than yesterday’s business emergency.
For me, humans pushing themselves to new personal bests, to new Olympic/world records, is a much better way to spend a day.
My comment was I'll considered on this forum.
We can discuss the merits of olympics/media/covid/political viewpoints elsewhere.
This is first and foremost a football forum. I made a decision to keep my comments 're other matters to myself some time ago.
I weakened. It won't be repeated

Thanks M_M for making this thread possible. You're in my best BF 22.. 6th yr running re. A true great re.

Just got a pm from the Royal Sampler as well.

He loves the game of football and now understands why the game of AFL is and will always be a backwater sport.. he has also asked me when the EPL starts and that re.. 14th Aug for all those interested.. watch every game live.. subscription is cheap. This ain't the Olympics under 23s.. this is the real deal.

Not supporting an EPL side?

Easy choice.. Liverpool!

Screenshot_20210810-182012_Gallery.jpg
Enjoy.

Para Olympics start on 24th August. They are amazing, really enjoy that as much as the able bodied Olympics, maybe more.
The commentary will be vastly better.
Bruce makes me gag every time he speaks the gushing fool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back