M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
OOC and can't get a permanent gig in our side this season, on the outer with ****, 24 years of age and played 66 games, he is long kicking, offers good pace and run as an outside/winger type.

Could go well with a fresh start elsewhere.

OOC and can't get a permanent gig in our side this season, on the outer with ****, 24 years of age and played 66 games, he is long kicking, offers good pace and run as an outside/winger type.

Could go well with a fresh start elsewhere.
If he wants to stay in QLD. Would be a good pick up, would defiantly get game time for us playing an outside role, something we sorely lack.

Straight swap for Brayden Sier?
Wouldn't want him at Collingwood, I was more so wondering pick wise where he would stand.

Vic boy. Could see some interest for him from clubs like Carlton, St. Kilda, even us. He's a beautiful kick, is he not?
He is a very long penetrating kick, the knock on him from our coaches seems to be his defensive running and lack of a contested game. I think he has it in him to be a Jared Polec type/level player.
Wouldn't want him at Collingwood, I was more so wondering pick wise where he would stand.
I'd go with bird_man , late 2nd rounder at the very best.

Don't have much of a clue about the bloke, but judging by stats, is he transitioning away from the outside winger role to more of a midfield contested role?

If so, think the hawks would have a look at him.

There has certainly been some head scratching on our board over his ommision over the last couple of years. He played quite well in 2017 and most had him pencilled in as best 22 for 2018. Remarkably that wasn't the case and it took him a while to break into the team. Once again he impressed, played the remainder of the year and looked to have nailed down a spot on the wing. Come 2019 and once again he is on the outer and struggling to play seniors. He has played two or three games this year and after a bad loss was dropped back to the reserves. He is now injured and based on his inability to hold his position is almost a certainty to look at other clubs.

To most his ommision is strange. Going by what he can do on the field he is an automatic selection. He moves with a long effortless stride (think S Hill) and is capable of three and four goal games off the wing (think J Polec). But it is clear he is not in Fagan's plans. As far as we can tell it must be due to a lack of contested ability and defensive running. Personally I think he should still be in the side, but what you can do hey?

Trade price, probably a late second or third rounder. You can't ask for much if you're not prepared to give someone a regular game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way this bloke gets a 2nd round pick

A late second would only be achievable as part of a pick exchange of some sort. The Sam Mayes trade from last year would be the ceiling for value - Mayes and 5 went to Port for 6, 35 and freo's future third round pick. That was pretty big overs for Mayes but it got Port in range for Rozee.

Cutler is a better player than Mayes for mine but max value would be a lateish second as part of a broader pick swap, maybe for someone needing to facilitate another trade or accumulate northern/NGA bidding points.

Am a little worried that Cutler will become another clubs Jarrod Lyons.

On the other hand it could be Glenn Maxwell syndrome where a players reputation grows due to their continued non selection.

Unrelated but whats up with Lewy Taylor?

He is close to the mark but just behind a couple at the moment. Over the last couple of years we have added Cameron, Rayner and McCarthy who all offer much more athleticism than Lewy in the forward half. He managed to get into the side a few weeks back and had one fantastic game, but then missed with injury. McCarthy moved closer to the action and Christensen has taken the opportunity given in the forward pocket, providing more defensive pressure than Lewy can manage and adding regular goals.

Am a little worried that Cutler will become another clubs Jarrod Lyons.

On the other hand it could be Glenn Maxwell syndrome where a players reputation grows due to their continued non selection.

Lyons had a couple of years of very good performances in his track record though. Cutler really only has the last 10 games of last year where he was pretty good.

Has some weapons and I think he's a good league player, just probably elsewhere given our game style.

I’ve heard a whisper that Melbourne are into Lewy. Not sure how much substance it has though. FWIW I’d like to hold onto Taylor and Cutler, as at worse they provide great depth and at best, they could certainly push into our 22. The Lions haven’t really been tested with injuries this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve heard a whisper that Melbourne are into Lewy. Not sure how much substance it has though. FWIW I’d like to hold onto Taylor and Cutler, as at worse they provide great depth and at best, they could certainly push into our 22. The Lions haven’t really been tested with injuries this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I mentioned on our board we should pick up Taylor. We don't have alot like him on our list.

Would also like Cutler aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back