Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say they are exactly flush in KPF depth.

KPF: Franklin, Blakey, Reid and maybe McCartin (KPD in the long-term?), unless I am missing someone.

I'm sure they could fit Daniher in somewhere.

They can handle it for a season not to be bent over though. Sydney are smart recruiters, they won't mortgage so much on Daniher as it isn't him that's getting them back into the finals hunt alone. That four you mention above is sufficient and that's without drafting/trading elsewhere.

To be fair, Wood is a wingman being played out of position imo.

His field kicking and endurance would be very handy.

And Cal Sinclair a forward? Come on.
Sinclair IS a better forward than ruck. He's a very capable 70% forward / 30% ruck type. If we don't get Daniher, I foresee him playing there next year. I'd almost play him there over Reid even if we did get Daniher.

We don't need anymore average outside midfielders. It's not our problem anyway. It's our lack of quality inside midfielders that is our real issue.

If it comes out that daniher wants to go to Sydney.. it'll get done. No doubt about it. Sydney don't get players to nominate if they don't get it done.

It's rare that a player will drop a clubs name without the manager telling him it's 'safe' to do so.
There has to be more than a fair understanding by the manager that both clubs aren't too far away from an agreement-in-principle.

Could have been interesting though should have Dodoro held his ground last year, only for GWS to accept Carltons 2019 first.
That made for one awkward moment. :)

It's rare that a player will drop a clubs name without the manager telling him it's 'safe' to do so.
There has to be more than a fair understanding by the manager that both clubs aren't too far away from an agreement-in-principle.

Could have been interesting though should have Dodoro held his ground last year, only for GWS to accept Carltons 2019 first.
That made for one awkward moment. :)

Same thing applies for last year.. as much as the media talked it up last minute, he was always going to essendon. We made a commitment to him and would've paid up. Dodoro just plays a hard game lol

Cause we are cashed up and a destination club . Betts will take a pay cut to rejoin Carlton as well.

Was ScoMo picking up the brown paper bags in Ohio was he?

But seriouslyness, where do they all play onfield?

Was ScoMo picking up the brown paper bags in Ohio was he?

But seriouslyness, where do they all play onfield?

Betts will spend quite some time on the pine (i assume), Richmond have shown you can never have too many Small Forwards.

Also I think J-Mart will spend a lot of time on the wing as well

Betts will spend quite some time on the pine (i assume), Richmond have shown you can never have too many Small Forwards.

Also I think J-Mart will spend a lot of time on the wing as well

Fair enough.

If we miss out on North, I would much rather he went to The Kangas than stayed at Sydney, mainly because they got screwed over with Nick Blakey and have never had any real draft handouts or concessions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is colossal money probably more than double what he is on with us giving he was on a Rookie contract when he started.

He's exactly what we need, we've got the cap space, and he's young.

Money well spent imo.

Ridiculous irresponsible list management if that’s the case.

Paying quality players who would fill a major hole good money is bad list management?

Collingwood and Wellsy is irresponsible list management.

Let's just say I can't imagine the Swans matching it.

I will believe he's coming when we announce him.

But yeah, Sydney would be mad to match it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back