Recommitted Tom Papley [wanted to return to Victoria, nominated Carlton - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no. The Charlie Cameron that played at Brisbane in 2019 might be a step above Papley. But the Charlie Cameron that Adelaide traded hadn't kicked more than 30 goals in a season. That Charlie Cameron had kicked 87 goals across 4 seasons. He wasn't better than Papley.

And 2019 Charlie Cameron wouldn't go for pick 11.
Yeah no. Charlie Cameron had kicked 5 goals in a preliminary final and was quite obviously an absolute gun about to have a breakout season. Charlie Cameron was and is a better prospect than Papley. So yeah no!

If i had to chose a player between a 2017 Cameron or a 2019 Papley

I would take Papley but Cameron had an amazing year this year

The question would need to be does Papley have much more improvement and can he maintain this level

But pick #8 which will eventually become pick #10 looks about the value

I wasn't joking when I said we were after Weitering. Carlton perhaps offering Marchbank but we want Weitering.
That I wasn't messing around with. We want a ready to go best 22 backman. You want Papley. Miles apart if we don't get a best 22 backman.
Like in what kind of ****ed up stupid crazy ******* universe is Papley on par with Weitering? It’s just STUPID. If you’ve actually been told this- then tell the teller to get some intense therapy. Or tell them “just tell Carlton it’s not happening.” But don’t be dickheads.

Like in what kind of f’ed up stupid crazy ******* universe is Papley on par with Weitering? It’s just STUPID. If you’ve actually been told this- then tell the teller to get some intense therapy. Or tell them “just tell Carlton it’s not happening.” But don’t be dickheads.
We want an established player. Pick 8 just gets another homesick teenager.
We've loaded up on those youngsters these last few drafts so it will be an established player to fill a need or Paps just stays as the club has said. It has to be something we need.

Weird comment.

Any club would do 8 and 19 for 3, even if it DID look a lot better than that for a while.

Trading Gibbs for a first was a mistake, but giving you 16 in a s**t draft has now gotten us two good second rounds, so that's looking very good.
Nothings looking good for the Crows at the moment ..absolute shambles

We've loaded up on those youngsters these last few drafts so it will be an established player to fill a need or Paps just stays as the club has said. It has to be something we need.
I want Reese Witherspoon ....I guess i will just have to keep wanting, just like you will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird comment.

Any club would do 8 and 19 for 3, even if it DID look a lot better than that for a while.

Trading Gibbs for a first was a mistake, but giving you 16 in a s**t draft has now gotten us two good second rounds, so that's looking very good.

.......... Plowman ....
........... .......... .......
O’Brien Stocker Kennedy
Papley McGovern......
.......... DeKoning.......

Philips ........ ..........

Thanks Crows!

What if you could trade pick 8 for a player?

Wouldn't that be crazy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What if we are just demanding Weitering?
I guess Sydney might be weirdly fixated on one player, but unless Weitering wants to go, this seems stupid.

Your team will consider other options including trading any pick you may get for a player you want (who actually wants to come)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First time we've been properly linked, bar the "and North" references.

Roos join Blues in hunt for star Swans forward

Callum Twomey

Sep 13, 2019 1:50PM

NORTH Melbourne has joined Carlton in trying to lure goalkicker Tom Papley out of Sydney.

The Blues have been public in their ambitions to add to their small forward ranks this off-season, and are keen to pry Papley from the Swans.

But AFL.com.au understands the Blues are not alone in the hunt for Papley, with the Kangaroos also circling.

New North Melbourne coach Rhyce Shaw has a strong relationship with Papley from his time at the Swans as an assistant coach.

The Swans remain adamant that Papley will remain with the club next year and have a strong position after AFL.com.au revealed that the 23-year-old is contracted to the club until the end of 2023 after reaching a trigger clause

But clubs have felt Papley could be on the move having been unsettled in Sydney at different stages of the past 12 months.

He has not requested a trade from the Swans, who are steadfast that he will not be leaving to return home to Victoria. He was originally drafted as a rookie out of the Gippsland Power at the end of 2015.

It is unclear whether the changes within North Melbourne's recruiting and list management department will affect its interest in Papley.

The club confirmed this week it will be parting ways with list manager Michael McMahon in coming weeks after three years in the role.

North currently holds pick seven at the NAB AFL Draft, with Carlton's first pick coming at No.8 (which was tied to Adelaide's position).

Carlton list manager Michael Agresta, who was part of the recruiting team at Sydney that selected Papley in the draft, last week couldn't be drawn on the Blues' interest in him when he spoke to the Road to the Draft podcast.

"We're not going to discuss other players, especially contracted players. We're really respectful of the privacy and some conversations that go on between clubs," Agresta said.

Papley has played 82 games for the Swans in four seasons with the club, booting 120 goals.

He enjoyed his best season in 2019, kicking 37 goals from 22 games and being Sydney's leading goalkicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back