Top 5 : Copeland Trophy Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan
Pendlebury
Davis
Didak
Maxwell

I'll be attending this years count for the first time. Very excited about it.:)

1. Dane Swan
2. Nick Maxwell
3. Scott Pendlebury
4. Alan Didak
5. Leon Davis
6. Heath Shaw
7. Simon Prestigiacomo
8. Tarkyn Lockyer
9. Harry O'Brien
10. Dale Thomas

Next few: Shane O'Bree, Toovs, Jack, Cloke...

1. Dane Swan.
2. Nick Maxwell
3. Dale Thomas (shock:eek:)
4. Simon Prestigiacomo
5. Heath Shaw

6. Scott Pendlebury
7. Alan Didak
8. Leon Davis
9. Jack Anthony
10. Shane O'bree

Honourable Mentions to Harry, Tarkyn, Leroy and Tooves.

I picked Thomas at 3 as he played most matches, and did a defensive forward role for MM all year, and was one of our top 3 players in September.

Pendlebury will struggle as he basically missed the finals and 4 other games.

1. Pendles
2.Swan
3.Didak
4.Heath Shaw
5.Presti

Unlucky Leon,Maxwell and Harry O

I really dont think swan will do that well because you dont notice his disposals you watch a game and you ask youself if swan did good and u say nar he didnt get much of the footy and then u look at the stats and he has had 40 disposals.

1. Pendles
2.Swan
3.Didak
4.Heath Shaw
5.Presti

Unlucky Leon,Maxwell and Harry O

I really dont think swan will do that well because you dont notice his disposals you watch a game and you ask youself if swan did good and u say nar he didnt get much of the footy and then u look at the stats and he has had 40 disposals.

Thank god you're not giving the votes then!! ;) I'm sure the coaching staff are aware of his input.
Usually the players who play all games do better because you get points just for turning up (I think? but would love someone who knows to explain the system), and more for games where the player has completed their role (see P.Licuria clause), rather than traditional methods that only reward standout games. So if you miss a couple, you need a couple of blinders just to get back to square.
IIRC, Swan,Presti,Harry,O'Bree and Lockyer played all games, so you'd have to think Swan will win, but maybe someone like Presti or O'Bree (top tackles - as much as I don't rate him) could surprise as un-heralded role players.
My guess:
1. Swan
2. Maxwell
3. Pendlebury
4. O'Bree
5. Davis

Usually the players who play all games do better because you get points just for turning up (I think? but would love someone who knows to explain the system),

If I understand it correctly it works like this:

Each player is allocated one vote for each game in which he plays.

Up to 20 votes per game can be allocated to the best players as judged by the Collingwood match committee. Votes are awarded based on the average vote of all match committee members.

The maximum number of votes per match a player can receive is 6.

Swan will win easily :D Just because the umpires are blind and he didn't get as much Brownlow votes as he should've doesn't mean he's gonna struggle in the Copeland. I think Harry O will do quite well maybe 2nd or 3rd and Pendles to round out top 3.

1. Swan
2. Harry O
3. Pendles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I understand it correctly it works like this:

Each player is allocated one vote for each game in which he plays.

Up to 20 votes per game can be allocated to the best players as judged by the Collingwood match committee. Votes are awarded based on the average vote of all match committee members.

The maximum number of votes per match a player can receive is 6.

Thanks mate.:thumbsu:

I thought the count was more in line with a possible 3-2-1 for the midfielders, Forwards & Backs. Takes into account how well a player played his role. ie tagger keeping his opponent to 5 possessions would possibly mean 3 votes, even if he didn't get much of the ball himself.

But the full allocation of points does not need to be used.

eg. H.Shaw played solidly but no other backmen did well, Didak Pendles & Swan tore it up in the middle and JA & Cloke played well

H.Shaw 2

Swan 3
Pendles 2
Didak 1

Cloke 2
JA 1

Is this the last of the B&Fs? Collingwood always seems to have it after everyone else...maybe keeping the suspense or something

Nope...I know the Hawks have theirs on Sat night...

Swan
Pendlebury
Davis
Didak
Maxwell

I'll be attending this years count for the first time. Very excited about it.:)

You are going to love it...i've been the last 4 years...awesome awesome time....can't wait....

Re: Top 5 : Copeland Trophy

Is this the last of the B&Fs? Collingwood always seems to have it after everyone else...maybe keeping the suspense or something

We always allow for GF celebrations just in case.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back