List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

When news first came out I was devastated to hear the news and thought no pick outside 10 would be able to ease the pain. Now that emotion has died down, I am not livid with pick 21, I know it is under's but it is not a catastrophe imo.

The whole 21 pick is rubbish and as Brisbane will be using their other picks on academy players they didn't really have anything else to offer.

Why don't the afl then allow future picks to be traded (i think they can do that in the nfl).

Pick 21 this year, and Brisbanes 3rd round pick next year (whatever that may be).

I think the clubs and AFLPA might be interested in this as it gives a little more leeway in trades, and allows clubs to manage their delisitings and drafts for the following seasons.

Why would you think that the crap spewed in this thread is anymore reliable the a rumour on twitter or Facebook. Regardless of his reasons for leaving he is a Geelong premiership player and he deserves the respect that comes with it.

No respect when your leaving purely for cash!!!!!!!!!

Know a guy who plays for St. Joeys and is a close friend of Alan. Is getting $450 k per year, is being offered a massive deal.

Know a guy who plays for St. Joeys and is a close friend of Alan. Is getting $450 k per year, is being offered a massive deal.

Wonder how long Brisbane has been in his ears for. Only personal reason he is leaving is to have a large bulge in his back pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SMDH. Time to change my iPad wallpaper, profile pics, unfollow Al on Twitter and buy a new guernsey.

Here's a little twitter exchange I had with Bundy 18 months ago...
Can you please tweet that photo to @BigFootyCATS?

SMDH. Time to change my iPad wallpaper, profile pics, unfollow Al on Twitter and buy a new guernsey.

Here's a little twitter exchange I had with Bundy 18 months ago...

He deleted his twitter account straight after the news came out he wanted to be traded.

When news first came out I was devastated to hear the news and thought no pick outside 10 would be able to ease the pain. Now that emotion has died down, I am not livid with pick 21, I know it is under's but it is not a catastrophe imo.

I don't pretend to be an expert on recruiting and the draft but I reckon Pick 21 is utter bulltish.

I don't pretend to be an expert on recruiting and the draft but I reckon Pick 21 is utter bulltish.
I agree, but I don't know the facts behind why Bundy wanted out so desperately, and until today I thought he was contracted.

I have no doubt Bundy is better than a pick 21.

What I'd like to have seen is something out of Balme / Geelong recognizing Bundy's "issues" but also something recognizing the club's position, even if a bit of chest beating. To say Bundy has us over a barrel because he would just go in the draft makes no sense given he only wants to go to Brisbane, and in a draft could theoretically end up anywhere (unless other clubs were told on the quiet "don't draft me because I only want to go to Brisbane".)

At the end of the day the club's obligation is not to a player wanting out but to those who remain, the members and sponsors.

I agree, but I don't know the facts behind why Bundy wanted out so desperately, and until today I thought he was contracted.

I have no doubt Bundy is better than a pick 21.

What I'd like to have seen is something out of Balme / Geelong recognizing Bundy's "issues" but also something recognizing the club's position, even if a bit of chest beating. To say Bundy has us over a barrel because he would just go in the draft makes no sense given he only wants to go to Brisbane, and in a draft could theoretically end up anywhere (unless other clubs were told on the quiet "don't draft me because I only want to go to Brisbane".)

At the end of the day the club's obligation is not to a player wanting out but to those who remain, the members and sponsors.

Your post is far too sensible about how I feel about Bundy's departure. Having a sulk! :(

;)

I sincerely hope Geelong stays out of this 5 way deal. If we end up with picks 30 & 48 for Christensen then we have lost big time. Pick 21 is a good return, especially if Greenwood is worth pick 25 then Bundy is comparable in value. I'm feeling nervous we're going to get reamed by Collingwood & Brisbane here

I sincerely hope Geelong stays out of this 5 way deal. If we end up with picks 30 & 48 for Christensen then we have lost big time. Pick 21 is a good return, especially if Greenwood is worth pick 25 then Bundy is comparable in value. I'm feeling nervous we're going to get reamed by Collingwood & Brisbane here

Well we should find out in about an hour. They said news should come in, as they have a principle agreement. Where have I heard that before
in regard to Bundy....so I guess we wait out with baited breath.

"Sounding like Allen Christensen will officially move to the Brisbane Lions this afternoon ... paperwork a formality after clubs agreed in principle on Friday pending a medical check on his back over the weekend"

What's this Bull***t
Via AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News Facebook page

The proposed five-way trade;

Collingwood:
IN: Pick 5, 21, 25 (on traded), Levi Greenwood, Travis Varcoe, Jack Crisp
OUT: Dayne Beams, Heritier Lumumba, pick 25, 30 + 48

BRISBANE:
IN: Dayne Beams, Allen Christensen
OUT: Pick 5, 21, 25, Jack Crisp

MELBOURNE:
IN: Heritier Lumumba
OUT: Mitch Clark

NORTH MELBOURNE:
IN: Pick 25
OUT: Levi Greenwood

GEELONG:
IN: Mitch Clark, Pick 30 & 48
OUT: Travis Varcoe, Allen Christensen

If this goes through I will eat my hat. The longer this goes on the more pick 21 looks like a blessing.
Hope they lock in Bundy for pick 21 asap otherwise I can feel us getting stitched up something shocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back