List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Goey would be hard to include in any trade talk until his court case concludes. No one is going to give up anything significant for him if the chance of a guilty verdict persists

His court time is listed for Aug9-12 so will have some leeway perhaps. Hopefully no further for all parties involved but Covid has knocked a lot of court stuff back

If he is guilty will be sacked I presume and worth nothing
Lol there is no way the club will sack him

We got enough in our War chest now to chase Petracca and Weideman end of the year?

Pickett looks an exciting player too (been a long time since we had some indigenous X factor in the team).

A key forward simply has to be a priority. I know we signed McMahon and hopefully he ends up being an inspired choice but it’s unacceptable that we have persisted so long with essentially band-aid solutions. Cox is so inconsistent and Checkers tries his heart out but at the end of the day is undersized. Could imagine how good these two might be if they were taking the 2nd and 3rd choice defenders as well??

When I watch other teams the biggest thing I notice is their big forwards ability to give them some easy goals from a long kick and pack mark scenario when the game is going against you. We just don’t have that. When the opposition has the run of play it’s very difficult for us to score and every score feels so forced.
Don’t say that the Cox fans will come for you

Moore is an okay key forward, but the best key defender in the league. Try to fix what isn't broken and you risk creating two problems instead of one.

We don't really know how good a forward Moore is. Maybe he could be the best in the league in that role too. I was anti moving him until this year, as I thought recently a star KPD was more valuable than a star KPF, but I think that is quickly changing.

i think we can scrape into the 8 this year and I agree that it will send us backwards short term - but to me, Kelly doesn't look like a forward. We've got to get some games into our young potential KPDs - Keane or Kelly and it's worth testing the water to see how good a forward Moore can be. This year when we are too shallow to genuinely contend seems a great time to have a look at both, but perhaps wait until we're a bit deeper into the season and decide whether to go as hard as possible or to look to build for the future depending on our ladder position.

Mids are more important. Teams just aren't competitive unless they have multiple good midfielders. Plus I think with the way the game is going, we should be clearing out space for JDG to lead into - he's a potential star full forward.
DeGoey is a mid playing forward. Need to get a proper key forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what he is found guilty of.

Of course if he did something very serious and goes to jail the club will have no choice but to sack him, all theoretical at this point until the case is heard.
No way they will sack him they re-signed him on good money knowing what he is accused of. Even if the accusation is proven he won’t be going to jail

No way they will sack him they re-signed him on good money knowing what he is accused of. Even if the accusation is proven he won’t be going to jail
This is Collingwood.

We’ll sack him even though we don’t need to, give him a full payout, assume it will be allowed outside the cap and then when we’re told it has to be included, trade away another three topline players for nothing to get us back under.

You're acting like the Collingwood list management isn't full of incompetent idiots.

Mason Cox and Tom Phillips earning close to 1.2m between them btw.

have we signed Harry McKay yet

I’d absolutely love to get Clayton Oliver. Perfect replacement for Pendles.

He also allows De Goey to be a full time forward.

Weidieman and Day as FA's should be our biggest targets imo. The Weed is a restricted FA I believe so we'd need to work something out, however Day as a non-restricted FA could walk to us for free if he nominated us.

If we truly are after a Merrett or Trac we need to save some of our powder, as they will require big trades, so trying to get one/two KPF's on the "cheap" is the smartest play. Mckay would cost the world - and I would rather trade for him over a mid, however all the talk has been we are after a mid and I would rather see us at least bring in Day/Weideman alongside a Mid rather than only signing Merrett/Trac and continuing to ignore the hole in our forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back