List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s nice following a club operating at the top of its game. Once upon a time we’d have been have been having a Crack at all these players but now it’s identify Lynch and get that done, not get involved in all the other shenanigans. The other thing too is our recruiters have been fantastic the last few years and I think we are happy to let them continue to build and improve our list at the draft rather than chase players for the sake of it.
Just feels calm and controlled and I like it.

I like Scully, a bit over 12 months ago he was quite devastating. To some teams he's a yes, worth the risk, but think about the what a well selected draftee could bring for a decade. There is some serious talent in this draft pushing some very good draftees as low us our first pick. Easily worth a 2nd round, but 1st............?

In a decade we might be s**t again. We shouldn't be worried about that, our only concern should be if we have the cap space and can sign someone now without effecting our ability to re-sign our own players next year. Pick 17 may be a gun or might be a dud but Tom Scully is arguably the best wingman in the comp and would be a massive upgrade on what we currently have, if you can get him and there are no concerns regarding his ankle and he doesn't take a chunk out of our cap then we should take that deal as you're going to get anyone better with that pick.

One thing is clear from reading through the post today regarding Scully is he obviously did not play this year. If he had we would be asking who should be steak knifes alongside pick 17.

It’s nice following a club operating at the top of its game. Once upon a time we’d have been have been having a Crack at all these players but now it’s identify Lynch and get that done, not get involved in all the other shenanigans. The other thing too is our recruiters have been fantastic the last few years and I think we are happy to let them continue to build and improve our list at the draft rather than chase players for the sake of it.
Just feels calm and controlled and I like it.
Agree. We have won a flag with soldiers, there is no way on earth we can land a proven big body inside mid, or aruck ala Grundy.

We have won a flag, finished minor premiers lost a prelim to a team who were on an up whilst we played unfit players. Hawks are over rated. Our win over them in the finals was a bad thing. Gave us a sense we were better than we are.

In a decade we might be s**t again. We shouldn't be worried about that, our only concern should be if we have the cap space and can sign someone now without effecting our ability to re-sign our own players next year. Pick 17 may be a gun or might be a dud but Tom Scully is arguably the best wingman in the comp and would be a massive upgrade on what we currently have, if you can get him and there are no concerns regarding his ankle and he doesn't take a chunk out of our cap then we should take that deal as you're going to get anyone better with that pick.

One thing is clear from reading through the post today regarding Scully is he obviously did not play this year. If he had we would be asking who should be steak knifes alongside pick 17.
due dilligence but. if scully is cooked why we risk?

due dilligence but. if scully is cooked why we risk?

We are not going for Scully if we think he is cooked. If we think Scully can play at his best next year and year after we give up 17 without a thought.

We need to maximize our opportunities in the now cos it’s not often you can put a quintet on the park like we can.

To me it feels like a lot of clubs are just seeing players pop up and saying “s**t let’s get that bloke!” Rather than identifying what they need and getting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me it feels like a lot of clubs are just seeing players pop up and saying “s**t let’s get that bloke!” Rather than identifying what they need and getting it.

Kind of exacerbated by other players willing to burn bridges and break contracts I reckon. There seems to be a little player revolt going at the mo and I reckon it’s ammo they’re gathering for the next eba

Kind of exacerbated by other players willing to burn bridges and break contracts I reckon. There seems to be a little player revolt going at the mo and I reckon it’s ammo they’re gathering for the next eba
Not out of the question at all.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out with a lot thinking on the club side that the players already have to much power in terms of trading and contracts

This is what free agency does. When talent becomes available you find a way to get it and then the following season you fill the gaps with who is left in free agency. At least this is how Hawthorn, Norf and Geelong are operating. Also helps when clubs need to create cap space, acquire picks and then the likes of GC and GWS who are feeder clubs.

572509_8e3b7924c2c6c84cf6cc8f3f880c2890.png

good album back in the day.

This is what free agency does. When talent becomes available you find a way to get it and then the following season you fill the gaps with who is left in free agency. At least this is how Hawthorn, Norf and Geelong are operating. Also helps when clubs need to create cap space, acquire picks and then the likes of GC and GWS who are feeder clubs.
Yeah I know but it’s good not hanging to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back