List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith. In a podcast, I think it was JK or Gov and Schofield (Backchat maybe?) were talking about Brander and how he does things that just don't seem possible. These guys would have a better idea of his potential than any of us.
Must say I saw him in his first game against the swans. Grundy destroyed him one on one (not a first) but the delivery was terrible. He was freed up late to play up the ground and show a few touches of the highest quality. I see him as outstanding but needing to develope a bit more.

I recall thinking the early Glass and E Mac were terrible and should be delisted.

There would need to be something else. After pick 2-3 this draft is even, very even from reports.

Even though Gaff said not long ago he was happy and was staying nothing would surprise. Especially with the form of contract allegedly agreed and signed.

If we got pick 7 plus say Norths 2nd for Gaff and something else back to Norths, a 3rd we don't currently have.

Pick 7 plus our 2020 1st for Kelly plus Cats 2020 2nd. That's right on the money compared to other similar trades.

We go to this draft with 13, 22, 25 and 32.

Potentially look at trading 25 + 32 to get a earlier pick but in this draft? From reports that seems counter productive with whats available in the top 15 -35.

I just love going into draft night with 3-4 top 35 picks. :thumbsu:

Going into the season with out Gaff would blow.

Haha

But I actually meant what else are north giving us besides pick 7
Pick 7 for Gaff lol he is contracted id want two first rounders at least.
He said pick 7 and a little bit after muttered something about another high pick or pick swaps....

Their next picks are 25 & 43

I mean we couldn't get Kelly for multiple 1st and 2nd rounders last year sooooo......

Must say I saw him in his first game against the swans. Grundy destroyed him one on one (not a first) but the delivery was terrible. He was freed up late to play up the ground and show a few touches of the highest quality. I see him as outstanding but needing to develope a bit more.

I recall thinking the early Glass and E Mac were terrible and should be delisted.

As they say talls need time. I think there is plenty to work with, with young Jarrod.

I think Brander was best available - you certainly don't let KPFs go when they are rated and available at your pick (we're not Freo). He's still young, sure he could turn out to be another Tony Notte that never had the physique and skills for AFL level but he could also be another Josh Kennedy.

Give him until 2021 before writing him off.

It doesn't help that we haven't had any early draft picks for a while. In the midfield you want players with ball winning ability, a big tank, speed, good skills and footy smarts. There's only that many players who tick those boxes in each draft, otherwise you end up with a Hutchings at best (serviceable but limited) or a Parto at worst (not up to it).

Mids are also the stars of the under-18 comps and usually are ready to play from day 1, so they go in the top 10-15 each year.

With the best mids gone, we opt for next best available. Which explains why we have so many flankers (not quite good enough to upstage the mids) and so many quality talls (who take time to develop, so don't shine in the under-18s as much. On the odd occasion that a tall dominates, they inevitably go top 3).

Who are the top 10 picks on our list?
Gaff, NN, Masten and Sheppard. Is there a club with less top 10 draft picks on their list?
hahahaha so last year we won the GF with Masten our only top 10 pick.

hahahaha so last year we won the GF with Masten our only top 10 pick.

Kennedy was originally a top 10 pick if you want to stretch it like that.

I think Sydney, Adelaide, Hawthorn and Geelong must rival ours for lack of top 10 picks too.

I think Brander was best available - you certainly don't let KPFs go when they are rated and available at your pick (we're not Freo). He's still young, sure he could turn out to be another Tony Notte that never had the physique and skills for AFL level but he could also be another Josh Kennedy.

Give him until 2021 before writing him off.
I’m happy with it if he actually plays as a KPF, but what is the point of passing over mids to draft one of the highest rated KPFs to then try to develop him as an average wingman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m happy with it if he actually plays as a KPF, but what is the point of passing over mids to draft one of the highest rated KPFs to then try to develop him as an average wingman?

It's still early, I suspect the Beagles staff have been instructed to throw him around, I'd only be worried if he continues with his middling WAFL form next year.

Simmo mentioned on 6pr the plan was to get Brander into the team to play as a wingman but then got that hammy injury.

If Masten does leave i dont see why we cannot play a tall wingman in a similar way Geelong with Blitz.

I also watched him play as a mid v West Perth earlier in the year and he a 100% has the nous and touch to play as a mid.

Simmo mentioned on 6pr the plan was to get Brander into the team to play as a wingman but then got that hammy injury.

If Masten does leave i dont see why we cannot play a tall wingman in a similar way Geelong with Blitz.

I also watched him play as a mid v West Perth earlier in the year and he a 100% has the nous and touch to play as a mid.

I don’t really believe Simmo would have done that ..It’s not a knock on Simmo but more to piss in Brander’s pocket .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I fail to see the point of ignoring midfielders in the draft with our first pick for a KPP who was to good to pass up, only to attempt to turn him into a midfielder anyway.

Maybe i'm just dumb and smoke pot 🤷‍♂️

Sorry to intrude but I was at the south’s v Claremont game and overheard some old timers talk about how west coast have been in contact with a couple of their players. Namely Bolton and waterman.

Do these two seem like late draft/rookie chances for you?

Btw they seemed shitty about it

Sorry to intrude but I was at the south’s v Claremont game and overheard some old timers talk about how west coast have been in contact with a couple of their players. Namely Bolton and waterman.

Do these two seem like late draft/rookie chances for you?

Btw they seemed s**tty about it

Waterman was previously on our list but we had to delist him due to his health problems with Glandular Fever. We did rate him highly so it's possible we would want to get him back.

Bolton is 28 next year, he might be seen as a break in case of emergency option but i'd rather we look at younger players personally.

Care to elaborate?
Something to do with west coast gutting the Claremont midfield.
Waterman was previously on our list but we had to delist him due to his health problems with Glandular Fever. We did rate him highly so it's possible we would want to get him back.

Bolton is 28 next year, he might be seen as a break in case of emergency option but i'd rather we look at younger players personally.
He may be 28 next year but is definitely ready to go. Surely an upgrade to foley for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back