List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its Pro Sport. I do not get attached to players.. In and out i couldnt care less.
Hes done, hes had his day, off ya go.
Its a business. Maybe not Pickett but there is plenty better than Masten. Even Kyal Horsely beat him with 2 bung legs.
Masten is the biggest dick rider.
You seem pretty darn attached to masten.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its Pro Sport. I do not get attached to players.. In and out i couldnt care less.
Hes done, hes had his day, off ya go.
Its a business. Maybe not Pickett but there is plenty better than Masten. Even Kyal Horsely beat him with 2 bung legs.
Masten is the biggest dick rider.
Between Masten and Rhys Palmer i wouldnt know who to hit first.. Both soft flogs.
Masto lives rent free inside your head, tough guy.

Kennedy might retire next season so probably best to just tap him on the shoulder this weekend so we can pursue an up and come on Monday.

In the event we make finals and have an injury, I can guarantee the club would feel more comfortable turning to a 200 game premiership player in Chris Masten than rolling the dice with an Ah Chee, MAllen, Smith, etc.

Maybe if we were staring down the barrel of a rebuild it’d be worth pursuing this draft (which contains all the players that have been passed over by every team, including the Eagles, at least once), but we’re not.

When you’re in a premiership window, you don’t make unnecessary mid season calls on top-30 players on the off chance you strike gold with somebody you’ve already decided wasn’t good enough.

If they decide to not offer Masten a new deal come 2020, so be it, but they’re not making a call in the next three days to chase some fantasy.

West coast will not retire a player early for a chance at a rookie who “might” get a game this year. Masten is out of form but to disrespect a player who started off in the dark times who was part of a culture rebuild and was an important cog in our flag year is something WC don’t do. Hungry Tiger your extreme hate for Masten is so childish and lame, it’s time to let it go.
Mate put him on ignore. It is so much more entertaining

And why would that be?
Will cost more than what we can reasonably give up.

Geelong will jack up the price, gets us out of the market, and convince Tim to go to Freo. Geelong get around pick 8 and some sundries. Freo get to think they have a win in a WA bidding war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will cost more than what we can reasonably give up.

Geelong will jack up the price, gets us out of the market, and convince Tim to go to Freo. Geelong get around pick 8 and some sundries. Freo get to think they have a win in a WA bidding war.

Im sure that is exactly what Geeling would want to happen.

It will depend on what coin Freo offer sure. If they pony up $2-300k more pa than we are prepared to do that may sway Kelly.

But history tells us the two WA sides dont enter a bidding war against each other. Once a player has chosen a club the other backs off. They had a sniff last year, were told no and that was that.

If we thought we would land Kelly on $600k last year well that has jumped to $800k. We could afford that with some back ending.

Kennedy might retire next season so probably best to just tap him on the shoulder this weekend so we can pursue an up and come on Monday.

In the event we make finals and have an injury, I can guarantee the club would feel more comfortable turning to a 200 game premiership player in Chris Masten than rolling the dice with an Ah Chee, MAllen, Smith, etc.

Maybe if we were staring down the barrel of a rebuild it’d be worth pursuing this draft (which contains all the players that have been passed over by every team, including the Eagles, at least once), but we’re not.

When you’re in a premiership window, you don’t make unnecessary mid season calls on top-30 players on the off chance you strike gold with somebody you’ve already decided wasn’t good enough.

If they decide to not offer Masten a new deal come 2020, so be it, but they’re not making a call in the next three days to chase some fantasy.

Whats wrong with Edwards going on the LTIL and having a look at Pickett?

No one gets retired or pushed out the door. We get to look at the highest rated player outside the AFL described as Tim Kelly 2.0 who can play back, inside and outside midfield. Is best mates with Kelly and could very well help land him and keep Freo out of the picture.

Edwards gets the rest of the year to hit the gym as all young kp players need to.

Where is the downside here?

Im sure that is exactly what Geeling would want to happen.

It will depend on what coin Freo offer sure. If they pony up $2-300k more pa than we are prepared to do that may sway Kelly.

But history tells us the two WA sides dont enter a bidding war against each other. Once a player has chosen a club the other backs off. They had a sniff last year, were told no and that was that.

If we thought we would land Kelly on $600k last year well that has jumped to $800k. We could afford that with some back ending.

C Kelly Sheed Gaff
R Naitanui Shuey Yeo

With Redden Cripps Rioli rotating through

Getting Kelly should push out Hutchings or a forward like Venners

No one gets retired or pushed out the door. We get to look at the highest rated player outside the AFL described as Tim Kelly 2.0 who can play back, inside and outside midfield. Is best mates with Kelly and could very well help land him and keep Freo out of the picture.

Edwards gets the rest of the year to hit the gym as all young kp players need to.

So this. Its a free shot.

Depends on the extent of Edwards injury as to whether he’s any chance of returning this season. If he’s little or no chance then the suggestion is reasonable

I dont like the idea of getting an extra player in the mid season draft for a few reasons .

We have enough depth in our list already

We have young talented players needing game time at afl level .

Whoever we pick probably wont even get a game this year .

We need to keep all the $ we have for end of year targets in coniglio or kelly .

If we take a wafl player from another team just to play them in the beagles it will rock the boat unnecessarily when we are trying to do the opposite

I like the thinking on this. Edwards is a long way off being AFL ready but has shown enough to think he stays on the list. He is not going to play seniors in 2019 so IF he gets back before September, then it is simply back to the Beagles.

I dont like the idea of getting an extra player in the mid season draft for a few reasons .

We have enough depth in our list already

We have young talented players needing game time at afl level .

Whoever we pick probably wont even get a game this year .

We need to keep all the $ we have for end of year targets in coniglio or kelly .

If we take a wafl player from another team just to play them in the beagles it will rock the boat unnecessarily when we are trying to do the opposite
When Mallen, Ainsworth, Brayshaw, Masten and O'Neill are our midfield depth, I can see the appeal of a mid season pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back