List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather spend some cash to ensure that those we want to keep are re-signed. Especially Bolton Baker Balta Prestia Grimes Vlastuin Rioli Castagna & CCJ. Then with what's left over have a look at any potential targets.

The list management team has been in fairly good form.

You'd back them in to retain most of those types.

Expect a few will take unders to have a chance to continue to participate a richmond dynasty

Would rather spend some cash to ensure that those we want to keep are re-signed. Especially Bolton Baker Balta Prestia Grimes Vlastuin Rioli Castagna & CCJ. Then with what's left over have a look at any potential targets.
I reckon Freo will throw the kitchen sink at Bolton this year.
With Carr as his manager, the Dockers will see him as gettable.
Worst case scenario, 2 first rounders for Shai.
Best case, he signs a 5 year deal with us for less than Fremantle offer.

I’d wait and see if CCJ looks any good but start making enquiries about Max Gawn! He grew up barracking for the Tigers has already made good coin. Dangling the chance at success and fulfilling your childhood dream make him an appealing get. Imagine our mids finally getting silver service coupled with someone who can dominate around the ground. We haven’t had that since the General in the 80’s. we had a rich history of legendary ruckman. But last 30 years have been bloody ordinary in Ruck dept.

Why would Carr make a difference? He manages 4 players Dusty, Shai, Dan Rioli and Chol

All Richmond players and all have re-signed with us. His other ex player was Travis cloke who again re-signed.

Yeah there has been some theatre about signatures but that’s part of marketing the player. He has a good relationship with Richmond and his players all being based in Melbourne makes life easier for all.

I have zero concern about Shai re-signing. It’ll have some theatre but it’ll get done.

If he continues his development on the same trajectory, then 2 first rounders would be a non-negotiable. I have no idea what the 2022 draft is suppose to be like, but if the 2021 is as good as rumoured we should also insist that the two first rounders are in this draft (how they get the additional draft pick would be their problem).

If we don't recklessly splurge picks on a superfluous big fish, 4 first rounders, 2 second rounders in a 'superdraft' would represent an extraordinarily powerful position. I really don't want Bolton to leave, but with that hand, with the talent we already have (even with retirements), if we nailed this draft we could set ourselves up as contenders for the next decade. Truly it would be the stuff of nightmares for the rest of the competition. :devil:

If Freo gave up 2 first round picks for Bolton they may as well close up the shop and hand back their licence. 2 first round picks are reserved for the out and out champions of the game

Think Balta is the priority but both are.
Sign both upto their RFA status.
Yer agreed Balta signature is just as important but thinking Bolton being a WA boy you could have the go home factor ,so get him done.

Perhaps I’m reading too much into that, he seems very settled but there’s always family ties etc.. for Interstate kids

I’ve got a feeling that Balta will sign on the dotted line as long as we offer him market value. He seemed fully invested last season and tight with Maric and Soldo

If he continues his development on the same trajectory, then 2 first rounders would be a non-negotiable. I have no idea what the 2022 draft is suppose to be like, but if the 2021 is as good as rumoured we should also insist that the two first rounders are in this draft (how they get the additional draft pick would be their problem).

If we don't recklessly splurge picks on a superfluous big fish, 4 first rounders, 2 second rounders in a 'superdraft' would represent an extraordinarily powerful position. I really don't want Bolton to leave, but with that hand, with the talent we already have (even with retirements), if we nailed this draft we could set ourselves up as contenders for the next decade. Truly it would be the stuff of nightmares for the rest of the competition. :devil:

Yeah!!!! imagine having 4 picks under 20 - oh hang on................................... :think:😬

I’d wait and see if CCJ looks any good but start making enquiries about Max Gawn! He grew up barracking for the Tigers has already made good coin. Dangling the chance at success and fulfilling your childhood dream make him an appealing get. Imagine our mids finally getting silver service coupled with someone who can dominate around the ground. We haven’t had that since the General in the 80’s. we had a rich history of legendary ruckman. But last 30 years have been bloody ordinary in Ruck dept.
Waste of money on a ruckman when we already have won 3 flags with the so called lesser light in Nank on half the money what Gawn would be on.
FA on Kp's only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo gave up 2 first round picks for Bolton they may as well close up the shop and hand back their licence. 2 first round picks are reserved for the out and out champions of the game

It depends where the two first rounders are, also it depends on his development. He already finished fourth last year in the clubs best and fairest, only beaten by Short, Martin and Vlastuin in a premiership year. That's rare air. If he continues improving the way he has over the past two seasons he might well be considered in the champion category by the end of this year. Moreover, his birthday is in December. If he were to join Fremantle he'd do so having just turned 23.

A player like that with his resume, at his age will not come cheap, unless of course Richmond has taken on the concept of player welfare to the point of insanity. Whether it happens or not is another matter, but potentially asking two first rounders for Bolton aint crazy talk.

2 flags in the bag(Hopefully 3) he might think he's done enough team wise and now its time to cash in.For a kid his age it might be tempting.Lets not forget Freo are on the rise so its not as if he's going to a basket case club.

2 flags in the bag(Hopefully 3) he might think he's done enough team wise and now its time to cash in.For a kid his age it might be tempting.Lets not forget Freo are on the rise so its not as if he's going to a basket case club.

Idk hard to see many kids winning 2-3 flags consecutively and wanting out

It depends where the two first rounders are, also it depends on his development. He already finished fourth last year in the clubs best and fairest, only beaten by Short, Martin and Vlastuin in a premiership year. That's rare air. If he continues improving the way he has over the past two seasons he might well be considered in the champion category by the end of this year. Moreover, his birthday is in December. If he were to join Fremantle he'd do so having just turned 23.

A player like that with his resume, at his age will not come cheap, unless of course Richmond has taken on the concept of player welfare to the point of insanity. Whether it happens or not is another matter, but potentially asking two first rounders for Bolton aint crazy talk.
While he finished 4th in the B&F, lets not forget that the likes of Prestia Edwards & Cotchin played fewer games through injury/personal reasons, while some proven vote winners had below par seasons. Now I'm not saying Bolton isn't a very good player, but I think the hype might be a little overblown. FWIW Brandon Ellis once finished runner up in the B&F, nobody was giving up 2 first round picks for him the year after he did that and nobody will be offering up 2 first round picks for Bolton.

While he finished 4th in the B&F, lets not forget that the likes of Prestia Edwards & Cotchin played fewer games through injury/personal reasons, while some proven vote winners had below par seasons. Now I'm not saying Bolton isn't a very good player, but I think the hype might be a little overblown. FWIW Brandon Ellis once finished runner up in the B&F, nobody was giving up 2 first round picks for him the year after he did that and nobody will be offering up 2 first round picks for Bolton.

Top5 best and fairest in premiership season*

Yer agreed Balta signature is just as important but thinking Bolton being a WA boy you could have the go home factor ,so get him done.

Perhaps I’m reading too much into that, he seems very settled but there’s always family ties etc.. for Interstate kids

I’ve got a feeling that Balta will sign on the dotted line as long as we offer him market value. He seemed fully invested last season and tight with Maric and Soldo
Balta and his entire family are completely invested in the Richmond Football Club - family source.

I wouldn't worry about him at all.

So we take Shorts B&F off him?

Top5 best and fairest in premiership season*
First & second in the 2019 B&F missed over half the season, proven vote winners in Cotchin Riewoldt & Lambert with below par seasons.

As I said Bolton is a very good player, but not at the level where you demand 2 first round picks, especially when you have no leverage of them being in contract to bolster your bargaining position.

First & second in the 2019 B&F missed over half the season, proven vote winners in Cotchin Riewoldt & Lambert with below par seasons.

As I said Bolton is a very good player, but not at the level where you demand 2 first round picks, especially when you have no leverage of them being in contract to bolster your bargaining position.

1st and a 2nd at worst surely.

Unbelievably rude by freo otherwise

So we take Shorts B&F off him?
Did I suggest we take the result away? What I'm suggesting is that with a number of proven vote getters missing or performing below normal levels that the result shouldn't be proof that the likes of Bolton are up there with the out and out champions of the game. If he was to leave for Fremantle the best we could expect is a first round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back