List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of bits of info in tonights Pod for you all.

A bit of Shai Bolton early on, and if you listen through till the end Tiger71 gets a fresh text message on some trade whispers.

Great show again fellas.

Thought you might have missed a trick when dismissing Melbourne's unmemorable second ruckman, his name is Luke Jackson and he has been playing really well. They have a very good one there and he will be giving us some headaches at match committee on Thursday night. Not sure Marlion will be able to do the job this time as this kid is a gun. Wouldn't mind Lynchy having a run on the ball to get him into the game a bit more. Five mins a qtr while Jack plays a bit deeper circa 2017.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if Grimes does get the job on Kozzie Pickett. He would be clearly a win for us in the air and a close match for him on the deck too. Grimes could smother Pickett out of the game like he does to Charlie Cameron.

That might depend on how many talls they go with in their forward line. Likely that they have McDonald and Weideman as well as Jackson down there so Broad's role will be important given Balta and Astbury will get the big blokes.

A lot of how we set up in this game depends on whether May and Fritch both get up to play.

Tiges by three or four goals.

Good luck Dusty, Daniel and Tom L all playing milestone games !

Last edited:
I think I'd only be happy for CCJ to leave if we got someone like Green for him.

We've got enough picks in the draft this year already.
TBH, I wouldn't mind if we tried to get Tarranto out of there with CCJ and maybe a pick or another player. Rumoured to be not happy, relationship breakdown with captain. Victorian boy. Out of contract next year.

I think it will be a mistake not playing CCJ first and seeing his capabilities before traded out. Could be giving away top quality the kid has talent wouldn't be jumping to do the trade midfieldesr come and go KP different story.
I tend to agree
The last few pages are all about how we need key position players yet we have by all reports a very good one and everyone wants to see him traded without even knowing what he is capable of

TBH, I wouldn't mind if we tried to get Tarranto out of there with CCJ and maybe a pick or another player. Rumoured to be not happy, relationship breakdown with captain. Victorian boy. Out of contract next year.

I dont think we could afford Tarranto

Green is the one. Young enough not be asking for a massive pay day yet, but old enough to have an immediate impact.

I think I'd only be happy for CCJ to leave if we got someone like Green for him.

We've got enough picks in the draft this year already.

You can never have 'enough' top twenty picks (which is what I would want for CCJ even if we had to throw in one of our 2nd or 3rd rounders as steak knives to do it), especially in a draft apparently as good as this one. Nothing against Green but we have been grooming CCJ as a replacement for Jack for a long time and Green is no KPF. With no CCJ the cupboard is very very bare.

Three top twenty picks allows us to seriously upgrade our draft position or failing that multiple bites at the cherry and perhaps select not only a successor for Riewoldt but also eventually for Lynch as well. Again nothing against Green but with a draft supposedly as deep and rich in midfield talent, I would much rather be targeting key talls if any are worth that kind of currency, especially if we were to loose Coleman-Jones.

Why not in the next 2 years will have a fair bit of cap space some big retirements don't see a issue at all.
Yes players will retire, but the club needs that cap space to re-sign the other players.

You can never have 'enough' top twenty picks (which is what I would want for CCJ even if we had to throw in one of our 2nd or 3rd rounders as steak knives to do it), especially in a draft apparently as good as this one. Nothing against Green but we have been grooming CCJ as a replacement for Jack for a long time and Green is no KPF. With no CCJ the cupboard is very very bare.

Three top twenty picks allows us to seriously upgrade our draft position or failing that multiple bites at the cherry and perhaps select not only a successor for Riewoldt but also eventually for Lynch as well. Again nothing against Green but with a draft supposedly as deep and rich in midfield talent, I would much rather be targeting key talls if any are worth that kind of currency, especially if we were to loose Coleman-Jones.
I don't really see the point in trading CCJ for a late first rounder. We'd only draft his replacement and then have to develop them from scratch again with no guarantee they'd be as good.

That's why it has to be keep or trade for promising young player for me.

I don't really see the point in trading CCJ for a late first rounder. We'd only draft his replacement and then have to develop them from scratch again with no guarantee they'd be as good.

That's why it has to be keep or trade for promising young player for me.

Or package two late firsts for a much earlier first. Still would have to develop but perhaps it wouldn't take as long and with higher ceiling. Again not against in principle trading for young player with a draft pick (although I do love draft night/s, always a highlight of the year), but rather against anyone that doesn't fill the void left by Coleman-Jones. With Reiwoldt at best a season by season proposition, if you are going to draft a ready made player it would have to be for that position. especially with so much young midfield talent available this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to me, barring injuries the only way we could get CCJ into the team (and I’d love to see it) would be if Jack Riewoldt could do a ‘Richo’ and move up to the wing.

I think he’d be great in that position. A very clever and creative player. Forwards would love him opening up play by centre-ing the ball or delivering inside 50.

It seems to me, barring injuries the only way we could get CCJ into the team (and I’d love to see it) would be if Jack Riewoldt could do a ‘Richo’ and move up to the wing.

I think he’d be great in that position. A very clever and creative player. Forwards would love him opening up play by centre-ing the ball or delivering inside 50.
probably doesn't have the endurance for it

Yeah thought Green was definitely the better option of the two if we were set on using the spot.

If GWS sign Josh, it will make prying Tom out of there a bit harder.
specially with already signing mansell didnt really get the need for egg

Pat Lipinski is out of contract and squeuzed out at the ball dogs.

Not overly expensive, nice height, nice age, could not be a bad option. Take later pick?
If he can't get a game for them, then he probably can't get a game for us either.

Gone are the days when we used to try to polish other clubs' s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back