Not open for further replies.
Scrap the two first rounders for cerra
And go after Touk Miller with the two first rounders instead

the guy is an absolute machine in a crap team
Guy is a gut runner
Tackles and defends like a mad man
Is a ball magnet
Oozes leadership

Guys like that are worth two first rounders imo same as Dunkley.
He’s very underrated still but will be all Australian this season for sure.

If we’re dangling two first rounders about we could get someone better then cerra who whilst I do rate reckon we can get an absolute A grader!

Guy is a gut runner
Is a ball magnet
Oozes leadership

If we’re dangling two first rounders about we could get someone better then cerra who whilst I do rate reckon we can get an absolute A grader!
Agree, better still would be to give GC CCJ and a early second round pick.

For all the reasons stated above, I doubt we are that deep into Cerra. The asking price and his pay packet is just too high for what you get. Nice, neat player with still some upside to come but we aren't a club that sells the farm on a player like him. I just can't see it.

If he came to us it would be on our much reduced terms both in trade value and salary.

Richmond - working smarter not harder since 2016.

Guy is a gut runner
Is a ball magnet
Oozes leadership

I love this guy has been underrated for a long time. Plays the Richmond way

Think we’ve got a snow flakes chance in hell of landing him though

If we were going to go hard at someone contracted I’d start with Tom Green. SFA chance we land him but let him know we are red hot on him
Agreed re Cerra, not worth the $$ or picks

Guy is a gut runner
Is a ball magnet
Oozes leadership

Love Touk Miller for all the reasons you stated. Go back a few pages and his name has been thrown around here a bit but the problem, as noted previously is that he's the heart and soul of that club and their future captain. Plus he had a red hot go (so they say) at Lynch when he departed for Richmond. You'd need a horse dentist 🦷 to prise him out of Gold Coast where he's part of the furniture.

Bloody gun player tho. Dont think I've ever seen him play a bad game. He's everything that Cerra isn't.

Love Touk Miller for all the reasons you stated. Go back a few pages and his name has been thrown around here a bit but the problem, as noted previously is that he's the heart and soul of that club and their future captain. Plus he had a red hot go (so they say) at Lynch when he departed for Richmond. You'd need a horse dentist 🦷 to prise him out of Gold Coast where he's part of the furniture.

Bloody gun player tho. Dont think I've ever seen him play a bad game. He's everything that Cerra isn't.
Exactly
I just think if we are actually going to offer up two first rounders we could get a genuine a grader
Not a potential one

I’m all in on getting titch from hawthorn
He doesn’t miss games and we need that from our midfielders especially with Edwards and Cotch really aging and Prestia always injured

Exactly
I just think if we are actually going to offer up two first rounders we could get a genuine a grader
Not a potential one

I’m all in on getting titch from hawthorn
He doesn’t miss games and we need that from our midfielders especially with Edwards and Cotch really aging and Prestia always injured
It comes down to age with our list profile we need players in that low twenties age bracket to come up with Balta, Bolton and Baker the same way we had Cotch, Jack, Rance and Edwards all develop together and peak at the same time

To get a player in that bracket we are after we need to be looking at potential because for the most part those A graders are just a little bit to old or cost us to much from a salary cap point of view

Games like this he should be dominating
Andrew Brayshaw on the other hand is a Gun player and consistently plays to the required level
averaging 28 poss at 80% DE and .05 goal a game
In his 9 full games this year Cerra is averaging
24 disposals @ 75% DE
8.1 contested possessions
3.1 clearances
2.5 tackles
5.8 score involvements
394.7 metres gained

Fairly solid numbers

Man, we're sitting on our best draft hand in a long time and all this talk of burning it on someone like Cerra. I'd rather take it to the draft and add more quality to our next emerging generation than spend anything more than a single first/early second on someone like Cerra. Not to mention the amount of cap space he'd take as well. I really hope there's a bidding war and another club offers more coin and a more ridiculous trade.
If Cerra nominates us it won't be for the money.So there won't be cap issues ala resigning Bolton.
Still no concrete evidence why people shouldn't trust Blair & Co.

Exactly !!

I honestly dont see that Richmond killer instinct in Cerra and would much rather 4 top 30 kids from the draft that will not consume cap space that we neen for players like Balta , Bolton , Baker , CJ etc
As i've said.We wouldn't be going after Cerra if it was to compromise other deals.As your well aware there are things like backended contracts etc.Not to mention over the next 3yrs approx 3mil shaved off our cap due to retirements.

In his 9 full games this year Cerra is averaging
24 disposals @ 75% DE
8.1 contested possessions
3.1 clearances
2.5 tackles
5.8 score involvements
394.7 metres gained

Fairly solid numbers
Compare that to Cotch.
20D @ 68% DE
10.1 CP
4.0 CL
4.5 Tck
3.6 SI
288 MG.

Farrkkk all you nuffies going on about two first rounders.... As if thats the concrete position...

We are not giving up two firsts for Cerra, yet we are still chasing Cerra... so what does that tell you... have you all lost faith in the club???

I can easily see, as much as the Freo board might p!ss and moan about it, us giving up a first and second for Cerra, YET STILL head to the draft with a first and second...

No one was sooking or doubting the club last year when we only took two arse end picks and missed the first and second rounds were they...

Yet here we might get a 200 game solid player , a first round kid and second round kid and you are losing your mind???
What if we keep both firsts and draft the next Lennon and CEllis, then what????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the reasons stated above, I doubt we are that deep into Cerra. The asking price and his pay packet is just too high for what you get. Nice, neat player with still some upside to come but we aren't a club that sells the farm on a player like him. I just can't see it.

If he came to us it would be on our much reduced terms both in trade value and salary.

Richmond - working smarter not harder since 2016.

If Cerra nominates us it won't be for the money.So there won't be cap issues ala resigning Bolton.
Still no concrete evidence why people shouldn't trust Blair & Co.
Got shouted down earlier in the thread when I suggested that we trade a first and third for Cerra saying that it wasn't enough and we need to cough up more because you're not getting someone on $750k for that sort of offer. But who says we're offering him the $750k that Fremantle and Carlton are offering up, we may well be offering him less for a chance to return home to family and also join a side that should be a finals contender for the foreseeable future.

And for those knocking Cerra's output...

What would you have said a year ago about trading for Darcy parish, Essendrugs supporters have mocked him for years, suddenly get his chance (and confidence) and he's their best mid...

Maybe we see the same in Cerra?

Farrkkk all you nuffies going on about two first rounders.... As if thats the concrete position...

We are not giving up two firsts for Cerra, yet we are still chasing Cerra... so what does that tell you... have you all lost faith in the club???

I can easily see, as much as the Freo board might p!ss and moan about it, us giving up a first and second for Cerra, YET STILL head to the draft with a first and second...

No one was sooking or doubting the club last year when we only took two arse end picks and missed the first and second rounds were they...

Yet here we might get a 200 game solid player , a first round kid and second round kid and you are losing your mind???
I agree with you but if Cerra comes out and nominates us, based on our history, we must do a deal and satisfy Freo. No backing away from him like the bummers did with Dunkley.
I just hope the cost isn’t too much by way of overs!

Been thinking and I'm actually leaning towards billings as a free agent rather than coughing up early picks for cerra.

Probably be able to get billings on a 4 year deal for the same coin as cerra and still take 3 picks inside 25 to the draft. Cough up our 2nd for Narkle who I reckon would be best 22 and allow cotchin to play half back or edwards forward more.

I would have thought after watching our team for the last 4 years that people would have realised that not every player needs to be an A+ superstar. Having solid B+/A- consistent performers who do their job with a minimum of fuss week to week allows the likes of Martin Bolton & Edwards to perform well in their roles in terms of setting up our attacking play. IMO we're not targeting Cerra to be a game changer, but rather to be part of the midfield that we know will perform week to week.

I agree with you but if Cerra comes out and nominates us, based on our history, we must do a deal and satisfy Freo. No backing away from him like the bummers did with Dunkley.
I just hope the cost isn’t too much by way of overs!
If the shoe was on the other foot.
Would you accept just Pick 17ish for Cerra?

I would have thought after watching our team for the last 4 years that people would have realised that not every player needs to be an A+ superstar. Having solid B+/A- consistent performers who do their job with a minimum of fuss week to week allows the likes of Martin Bolton & Edwards to perform well in their roles in terms of setting up our attacking play. IMO we're not targeting Cerra to be a game changer, but rather to be part of the midfield that we know will perform week to week.
2 great passes yesterday on the run when given time and space.
Think he'll get more of that with us.

The thing that Cerra has that sets him apart is the fact he’s good on the inside and outside
Most players tend to be one or the other but Cerra is very good in both situations

Last edited:
The thing is St Kilda wouldn't let him go for a Band 3 pick but let him walk for Band 1
We would be looking at similar type of $$$ for Cerra with freo offering 750k a year
Not many clubs will ultimately match , its a bluff for most part. Gws are only team to officially do it , others threatened . Danger was traded outside of FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back