List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how our recruiters view the draft this year vs next. My assumption is that this year's draft is a real lottery because of the impact of academy selections, plus the Vic juniors essentially haven't played, making it much harder to rank the early talent.

I'm doubtful Higgins is worth the Saints pick 15 straight up. But there is the option to do something like Higgins and our 2nd (or even 1st) this year, for the Saints 1st next year, etc.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
It would be handy to get another 1st rnd this year(15) for the sole purpose of getting into the top 10 this year.
With the deals involving Cameron/Saad & Dunkley deals to be sorted. 15 & 19 might become abit more juicy.
Higgins & future 1st for 15 & future 3rd.

Any player who has left in the last few years has left for opportunity. Clearly Saints are offering Higgins more opportunity. I'm fine with it
That’s it
Realistically I can’t see higgo breaking into our side for at least a few more seasons (especially with Lambert playing the role he would be perfect for)
We have guys like Ross and RCD will also pass him for midfield spots and that’s before we even look at whoever else we may get in

Absolutely love Higgo but holding onto him to waste away in the vfl due to lack of opportunity is doing us and him a disservice and the club knows that

I hope we up our offers to Broad and Markov. Markov is 189 and is versatile. If
markov is even more important after houli going down and not having long left.

this is the worst trade mistake we will make in a ****** long time. Terrible decision from us to lose him for the rest of his career which is only just starting.
Feel free to archive this. Will buy every single poster here a slab and deliver to their door personally if I'm mistaken.

You just know we will receive rubbish.
Agree 100 per cent. Butler going never fazed me. Snags , don't forget , had the worst possible injury , yes has taken time to get back to 2018 output or influence .
I recall many , many on this board were calling for Graham to be given the Khyber , that'd he had peaked etc. Be sure that Snags will come back soon.
Trading him out will really hurt a rebuild / refresh etc that we will need after 2021.

Vote 1 Snags

Told the missus Saints may get Higgins - next minute I'm in Auldi trying to buy a kayak.
Surely Carlton are the ones who should be going hard for Higgins. They desperately need a small forward and he fits the list demographic for them better.
Should also be able to satisfy us with a trade better as well.
I'm in the camp that had Butler and Higgins above Castagna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s it
Realistically I can’t see higgo breaking into our side for at least a few more seasons (especially with Lambert playing the role he would be perfect for)
We have guys like Ross and RCD will also pass him for midfield spots and that’s before we even look at whoever else we may get in

Absolutely love Higgo but holding onto him to waste away in the vfl due to lack of opportunity is doing us and him a disservice and the club knows that
Who else from Higgo's draft year have been moved on ? 21 y/o key position players with three years in the system is where our focus should be. With the lack of opportunity for those outside the game day 22 this year there must be players who are worth having a look at

Higgo took the cursed #13
not cursed belonged to possibly the most important man of the last 20 years Jordan McMahon lol

Who else from Higgo's draft year have been moved on ? 21 y/o key position players with three years in the system is where our focus should be. With the lack of opportunity for those outside the game day 22 this year there must be players who are worth having a look at
Brander and Allan are the only two key talls of note from that draft who aren’t playing consistent AFL
Both at West Coast and had a lot of hype coming into the draft but haven’t looked that great at AFL level to be fair

Only other is CCJ who we already have and we also picked up a handy player by the name of Balta at pick 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back