List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong had one chance to top up and win a flag and that was 2019 when they still had Kelly and their good old players were still good enough. Move forward 24 months and it doesn't matter who they top up with, they will be too slow and injury prone. Oppo teams will just run them off the park. It's like they have gone back in time 25 years when they had Ablett, Hocking, Stoneham and Brownless staggering around trying to get a kick. Have they forgotten that their dominant teams (but not as dominant as us) were built from the ground up, albeit with generous father son rules that will never be repeated? fu** 'em and their vainglorious drafting strategy, they are our bitches and are going backwards at a rate of knots.

St Kilda is the really interesting one to watch, they are going all in.
Not sure they are going all in but they sure are putting up a hell of a hand. Have kept their youth (Clark, King, Coffield) and are loading up with youngish vets that still have plenty of time on the clock. Will only be a couple of seasons before we are in envy of their list im feeling.

Good on them though. They have played the game well

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that clubs can no longer 'stockpile' picks for the matching of bids? ie; they can only have picks that they will use in the live draft and if there's not enough points to match bids then the club would go into deficit the next year. The logical move for the Dogs would be to trade their 1st this year to Collingwood for their 1st next year.

Also, would the Crows lose their compo pick (23) for Crouch if they picked up a DFA?
They only have enough picks for list spaces but they would also be able to take picks off the doggies that dont have points attached
e.g dogs picks #84 +#102

DFA wont make them lose the compo pick as they are considered not of value

They only have enough picks for list spaces but they would also be able to take picks off the doggies that dont have points attached
e.g dogs picks #84 +#102

DFA wont make them lose the compo pick as they are considered not of value
But it also means that by trading back further, they go into bigger deficit for next year I assume. I.e. not able to top up the points this year using multiple selections to match a bid?

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Would Jed Anderson be worth a look if higgins would go to the Roos? Seems to play the Richmond way!

Would Jed Anderson be worth a look if higgins would go to the Roos? Seems to play the Richmond way!
I like him. Is he an upgrade on 2021 version of Jack Ross and/or RCD? Not so sure.

I like him. Is he an upgrade on 2021 version of Jack Ross and/or RCD? Not so sure.

He's a pretty decent player tbf. Roos would be stupid to trade him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love him at Richmond.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

no no no and no

would take him in a heartbeat for Higgo
Well yeah you would. Still id be very surprised if lolNorf were looking at trading him

Spewing the Dons are going to get Dunkley.

I would love for the Tigs to go and get him. 23 and a gun inside mid. Bevo just a moron playing him as a ruck or CHF.
100% Perfect age group for what we need.

Yes definitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% would do that but North wouldnt and he would be on $700k+ at the Roo's so wouldnt come for $500k we would pay
He is a player that would fit into our system perfectly

Probably the worst kick i have ever seen but is as tough as nails and tackles hard, wouldnt mind him

Needs to get rid of that stupid hair though

100% would do that but North wouldnt and he would be on $700k+ at the Roo's so wouldnt come for $500k we would pay
He is a player that would fit into our system perfectly
Surely he wouldn't have been on that kind of coin? I was thinking we would get him for around 400k haha.

Surely he wouldn't have been on that kind of coin? I was thinking we would get him for around 400k haha.
I would bet my bottom dollar he would be extremely close to that , Who els do they have to pay the $$ too ?
The place has no talent apart from 8-10 players with 3 of them being young kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back