List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making the mistake of assuming we are part of his future

I would really really hate to lose Bolton, but no player is irreplaceable. If we were somehow able with Bolton's departure to have four top round one picks, I think I'd still be ultra excited by the Tigers future. Again it's not my preferred scenario, but with the reputed quality of this draft I could live with it.

Well thats up to him.

Why do you think you speak for him?? If not a associate are you a agent or BS artist?

I love Bolton as a unique trailblazing player, I hope he stays and he gives me great joy watching him play for the Tigers
Freo have made a substantial offer. Watch this space. The merkin didn't walk away from recent negotiations and declare they holding off till year end for no reason. We have been here before with Dusty and the merkin is on record as saying he supported Dusty to take the #lolNorf offer. It was Dusty that made the decision. Lets see if Shai is as loyal.

His Dad was a mad Melb supporter and still is!

The one player with significant trade currency and that we could probably afford to let go is Bolton. Will likely net us x2 1st round picks. Imagine the currency we would have this year with x4 1st rounders, or 3 1st rounders and Hayden Young
No way we trade Bolton, would be an insane move.
Bloke kills it in the middle and kicks goals.
We have a very good draft hand as is, and we are going through our usual early season poor form/injuries.
Worse case scenario this season we miss finals......but we’d get a great pick amd give our players a bit of a rest for first time in 4 years.
Best case scenario we get our sheet together and give it another crack this year with the draft hand we already have.
Early days still, I think there is some clear issues in our midfield depth but feel we will bounce back either this season or straight back in contention next year.

Why dosent the club have these conversations with the player a year out? If I was lost managing sit down with Dimma and Shai and just say we can fast track the trade if you prefer to leave. That way we can trade him for a for a better position in the draft or team selection

Why dosent the club have these conversations with the player a year out? If I was lost managing sit down with Dimma and Shai and just say we can fast track the trade if you prefer to leave. That way we can trade him for a for a better position in the draft or team selection
They do it’s the type of stuff that is discussed in exit interviews at the end of the season

Freo have made a substantial offer. Watch this space. The merkin didn't walk away from recent negotiations and declare they holding off till year end for no reason. We have been here before with Dusty and the merkin is on record as saying he supported Dusty to take the #lolNorf offer. It was Dusty that made the decision. Lets see if Shai is as loyal.
He was actually on record as saying the opposite on 3aw last week , he talked dusty into staying at Richmond and that he was confident of making the gap up in endorsements, do your research rather than make stuff up

His Dad was a mad Melb supporter and still is!

The one player with significant trade currency and that we could probably afford to let go is Bolton. Will likely net us x2 1st round picks. Imagine the currency we would have this year with x4 1st rounders, or 3 1st rounders and Hayden Young
Bolton is 22 with unique traits , we wouldn’t get 2 x r1 , more like a r1+2 I’d say or possibly cerra however I’d much prefer Bolton for his unique qualities . Cerra is a bread and butter , tick all the boxes, marry ya daughter soldi citizen mid that grows on trees. Shai does stuff that only elite players do , refer to his 3 first half goals in semi or that play in 4Q GF where he glided past 2 oppo when I thought he fkd up and dobbed it to lynch in goal sq from outside 50 to put an unassailable break in the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is 22 with unique traits , we wouldn’t get 2 x r1 , more like a r1+2 I’d say or possibly cerra however I’d much prefer Bolton for his unique qualities . Cerra is a bread and butter , tick all the boxes, marry ya daughter soldi citizen mid that grows on trees. Shai does stuff that only elite players do , refer to his 3 first half goals in semi or that play in 4Q GF where he glided past 2 oppo when I thought he fkd up and dobbed it to lynch in goal sq from outside 50 to put an unassailable break in the game
Agreed. Bolton is X Factor plus.

Hope we keep him because he is closing in on A Grade. Love seeing him going to work.

Criticising his agent for holding out for the best deal for him is just silly. Bloody hell what's he supposed to do ?

Ultimately Shai makes the decision. It's his career, his life.

Wouldn't be the first to take the money and run and certainly wouldn't be the first to turn down big coin to stay and play with the club that drafted and developed him.

Agreed. Bolton is X Factor plus.

Hope we keep him because he is closing in on A Grade. Love seeing him going to work.

Criticising his agent for holding out for the best deal for him is just silly. Bloody hell what's he supposed to do ?

Ultimately Shai makes the decision. It's his career, his life.

Wouldn't be the first to take the money and run and certainly wouldn't be the first to turn down big coin to stay and play with the club that drafted and developed him.
Yep.
Can see both sides of the coin in regards to Bolton and any of our multi premiership players to be honest.
Stay and gradually get your dues on what your worth once our cap opens up.
Vs
Go to Freo and get those Dues straight away.Already achieved what every player thrives for twice in his career.
His choice end of the day.

Yep.
Can see both sides of the coin in regards to Bolton and any of our multi premiership players to be honest.
Stay and gradually get your dues on what your worth once our cap opens up.
Vs
Go to Freo and get those Dues straight away.Already achieved what every player thrives for twice in his career.
His choice end of the day.
There’ll be BIGGER offers than what freo are prepared to shell out
Think Haw , Ess, blues and NM that will all have much greater gaps in their respective TPP, much bigger

There’ll be BIGGER offers than what freo are prepared to shell out
Think Haw , Ess, blues and NM that will all have much greater gaps in their respective TPP, much bigger
You could be right.
It'll be up to Shai.

Shai hates change and has become very close to several other Tigers.
Dusty signed finals week,Shai will too.
Shai has the very rare ability to be a goal kicking mid who is a clearance jet.
Shai still has growth has his tank is still developing and if he was in the draft he would go top 3.
No other club can match Tigers out of football earnings ,u would need 300,000 more a season to match being a tiger 🐯,
He's staying, bookmark it.

If you don’t barrack for Richmond, look away now.
The Tigers currently hold draft picks No.14, 15 and 21, and are eyeing their fourth premiership in five years.

They are flag favourites with a draft hand befitting a battler – winless North Melbourne has picks No.1 and 19.

The Tigers haven’t had a top-10 pick since taking Nick Vlastuin a decade ago.

Experts suspect they could trade towards the top this year.

The AFL’s points index suggests their top three picks could be reshaped into No.3 and 20.

The scary part is Richmond’s recruiters don’t need high picks to hit the bullseye.

Watch the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Every match of every round Live on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

Shai Bolton was on fire against the Bulldogs. Picture: Michael Willson

Shai Bolton was on fire against the Bulldogs. Picture: Michael Willson
Jack Graham has been a bargain buy. Picture: Michael Klein

Jack Graham has been a bargain buy. Picture: Michael Klein
In 2016 they used their Tyrone Vickery compensation pick (No.29) on Shai Bolton and then took Jack Graham at No.53.

Who knows, they might’ve secured their next Dustin Martin and their next captain with those two picks.

Bolton’s impersonation of Martin on Friday night was bewitching .Flair, fast and fun to watch, he is an intoxicating talent.

Like Martin, Bolton is managed by Ralph Carr. Like Martin in 2017, Bolton will be in high demand.

“He knows our players can get paid more somewhere else, there’s no doubt about that,” coach Damien Hardwick said.

“But they sacrifice to stay – that’s what Richmond men do.”

A three-year extension at Punt Rd would take Bolton through to restricted free agency.

The West Australian might be worth $500,000 to the Tigers and as much as $800,000 to, say, the Kangaroos, which would be a sacrifice just shy of $1 million over his next contract.

But Tiger fans shouldn’t fret. As Hardwick hinted, in four golden years they are yet to lose an A-grader.

Liam Baker helped overrun the Dogs. Picture: Michael Willson

Liam Baker helped overrun the Dogs. Picture: Michael Willson
Nathan Broad ran harder than anyone. Picture: Michael Klein

Nathan Broad ran harder than anyone. Picture: Michael Klein
Brandon Ellis (Gold Coast) and Dan Butler (St Kilda) are the only premiership men to play elsewhere, having fallen either side of the fringe in 2019.

The ‘Bs’ – Bolton, Baker, Broad (who ran 1km more than anyone) and Balta – were all As against Western Bulldogs, although Bolton was A+.

How is this for symmetry?

Last year Martin scooped three Brownlow votes against the Dogs with 26 disposals, eight inside 50s, four clearances and 3.1.

Bolton had 22 disposals, 10 inside 50s, three clearances and 3.1.

Martin’s game trumps Bolton’s because it was shorter quarters.

But Bolton is a game-breaker, and his second half proved exactly that.

Hardwick was lost for words towards the end of his halftime speech.

FOXSPORTS7:41
Richmond Tigers Press Conference
AFL: Richmond Tigers coach Damien Hardwick addresses the media following his side's crucial victory over the Western Bulldogs.

“I even said to the players, ‘I don’t even know what I’m talking about – just get out and get the job done’,” he said.

Hardwick matured his midfield by inserting Marlion Pickett and Shane Edwards.

It worked, ending a run of three defeats in four games.

Hardwick often says he looks at every loss as a “gift”.

Well, the past month must have felt like Christmas at the Tigers … one where the in-laws have long outstayed their welcome.

But Round 7 delivered the present Tiger fans had requested.

Like a voucher for a day spa – just ask Brooke Cotchin – it was one which settled some nerves.

The only downside was the rest and relaxation Trent Cotchin now requires, having strained his hamstring chasing Caleb Daniel in the final term.

Callum Coleman-Jones can’t get a run.

Callum Coleman-Jones can’t get a run.
Riley Collier-Dawkins looked good on debut.

Riley Collier-Dawkins looked good on debut.
“GUILTY” DIMMA HAS MORE TO COME
RICHMOND’S juicy draft hand means it effectively has three presents in yellow and black wrapping paper stored away for November.

But Hardwick remains bullish about the talent beneath the surface this year.

“I can’t get (Callum) Coleman-Jones in the side,” he said.

“I feel guilty actually looking at him half the time, because he’s dominating at VFL level.”

Coleman-Jones registered 145 SuperCoach points against Casey last week while the Tigers are bullish about Thomson Dow.

Then there’s Will Martyn, who got a run in Round 4, Hugo Ralph-Smith and Mabior Chol.

As for Riley Collier-Dawkins, a top-20 pick from 2018 who had to bide his time, three centre clearances on debut foreshadowed a bright future.

Collier-Dawkins is a 191cm onballer with stoppage smarts.

“Some players are OK at the lower level, but when they get picked to play AFL level they become better,” Hardwick said.

“I think he’s one of those guys.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back