Trent Cotchin Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen neither Cotchin nor Morton play, my two cents is that I hope we take the best available midfielder.

My humble opinion only, but I reckon we've got a few HBF/Wing/Outside players to keep us going at the moment, but the best teams of the last few years have been built around an A+ grade midfield combination. Get that sorted first and then start looking for more fancy Tivos.

Write in here if you want cotchin ahead of morton (hopefully the brains trust at richmond read this)...because i definately know that i do...the guy will be an absolute gun...touted as one of the best ever players at TAC cup level along with chris judd

You've gone to a ground and watched him play?

I would like us to pick up Cotchin before Morton, as we already have several flanker/wingman type players ie:JON, Meyer, Casserly, Connors etc.

It would seem as though we are going to pick Morton anyway though so I guess we will just have to live with it.

Even though I personally would rather see us pick Ebert or Rance, Rance being the first of that because he is going to be a future star CHB/FB.

Mate you are like the worst poster i have seen out here. You want Cotchin and you have never even seen him play, you are not even a Richmond member, you are just a troll. In regards to highlight reels i have the full games from all the 3 Championships games and plus the Colts preliminary final and granny. The rest are highlights and a few interviews. At least i can say i have seen these kids play unlike your self.
Get of our board you tassie supporter..... :thumbsdown:

like i give a s**t what you think

its funny how you love to comment on cale's games when his side wins by 10 goals and he has an impact but somehow manage to forget his rubbish colts gf

cotchin was bog in his school footy final at the G and also the 1st tac cup final, was playing well in the prelim aswell before he got injured

ive seen cotchin since he was a junior so to say i havent seen him play is bullshit, was taking the piss back in the day in the dvfl and was always going to be a star

lets hope its at the rfc :thumbsu:

While I agree with you guys in that Cotchin is better than Morton, I doubt the Richmond recruiting staff would care about such a petition considering 90% you guys have never seen him play.

Nice one Murph...a non-troll Blue post. You make a very good point and one that I cannot argue with. Are you sure you're a Carlton supporter as you seem to have a clue? Your opinions are welcome here..(in my opinion)

Never seen eitehr of them play and haven't read too much either, but we must take Crotchin. The Grog Squad will be able to make up way better songs about The Crotch!:thumbsu:

I think Tigers fans overate Cotchin. Its snowballing publicity from people who havent seen much of these guys play.

Morton is just as quick, alot taller, argubly better skills and could play anywhere.

You guys are saying your worried about Morton being a flanker. Well Cotchin is only HFF aswell, he gets runs in the middle but has never been able to sustain them.

he is a midfielder pal...if you'd have seen him play this year you would know

if u ask me morton sounds like another JON tall can run good athlete and skinny cotchin is the safe pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone please compare him to a player in the afl

for eg:

Peter Bell?
Kane Cornes?
Tyson Edwards?

A Gary Ablett Jnr type, very smart around goals and when in the midfield can break a game open.

The boys at school use to call him Lidsy as there is a slight resemblence. Also plays similar to Lids.

For the posters that are petitioning for Cotchin, how many have actually seen him play.

I'd say very few.

Comments like this:

if u ask me morton sounds like another JON tall can run good athlete and skinny cotchin is the safe pick

Make me think that alot of Tigers supporters have been burnt by JON and are just joining the dots because both are skinny, tall and from WA. Dont worry Tigers people, Morton is in a completely different class to JON. I'd put JON completely out of your mind when looking at Morton. You'd be better off judging Morton on his abilities not comparing him to anything in the past.

out of interest is there a chance of anyone else being picked up such as Masten. Or is it a 2 horse race

There are three obvious standouts in the draft this year before there is a noticable drop in talent. Carlton has practically commited to Kruezer and that only leaves Cotchin and Morton.

I would be happy with either, but I would prefer Morton after reading the recruiters opinions and reports from the link a previous poster on this thread supplied. It is worth reading, I found it very interesting.

I think Tigers fans overate Cotchin. Its snowballing publicity from people who havent seen much of these guys play.

Morton is just as quick, alot taller, argubly better skills and could play anywhere.

You guys are saying your worried about Morton being a flanker. Well Cotchin is only HFF aswell, he gets runs in the middle but has never been able to sustain them.

Not true at all. He is an on-baller. He wins his own ball. I think the nat champs have skewed people's understanding of Cotchin. Only 1/3 of his possessions this year were from either uncontested marks or handball receives. Hardly a receiver. A receiver is someone like Daniel O'Keefe from last year who used his hard running to wrack up possessions. Nearly 60% of his disposals came through handball receives or uncontested marks. Cotchin is nothing like that type of player IMO.

Not true at all. He is an on-baller. He wins his own ball. I think the nat champs have skewed people's understanding of Cotchin. Only 1/3 of his possessions this year were from either uncontested marks or handball receives. Hardly a receiver. A receiver is someone like Daniel O'Keefe from last year who used his hard running to wrack up possessions. Nearly 60% of his disposals came through handball receives or uncontested marks. Cotchin is nothing like that type of player IMO.

I never said he was a receiver :confused: I just said he isnt the onballer many people (esp Tigers suppoerts) assume, he spends alot of time at HFF.

Connors will be an inside onballer and has far more junior pedigree for it than Cotchin has.

Cotchin has HFF stamped all over him.

Ok Tigers fans, IGNORE THIS. Cotchin is an onballer. If anyone says otherwise they have not seen him play. He CAN play HFF. Just like Kreuzer CAN play as a forward.

But Kreuzer is a ruckman first and foremost. And Cotchin is an on-baller first and foremost.

I never said he was a receiver :confused: I just said he isnt the onballer many people (esp Tigers suppoerts) assume, he spends alot of time at HFF.

Been trying to tell them that for 6 months TOA. They don't want to believe you.

Cotchin should be an onballer. That is what his skill set and lack of genuine running demand. But he has no motor. Now if he does the work and gets the stamina up he could become an Ablett Jnr. However we have said the same things about Brown, Pettifer, Krakouer, Hilton, Newman and more than half our list over the last 10 years.

If Cotchin stays on the HFF line where he has played 80% of his footy, he will fall in that Pettifer-Didak category.

HOW CAN YOU GUYS COMPARE COTCHIN :thumbsu:WITH MORTON:thumbsdown:.IF WE DONT PICK COTCHIN MILLER SHOULD BE SACKED.

How many games have you seen them play? I admit that I haven't seen them play and can only go on reports and opinions from the recruiters and media. The indications from that are there is not much difference of how good a prospect they are going to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back