Trent Cotchin Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Been trying to tell them that for 6 months TOA. They don't want to believe you.

Cotchin should be an onballer. That is what his skill set and lack of genuine running demand. But he has no motor. Now if he does the work and gets the stamina up he could become an Ablett Jnr. However we have said the same things about Brown, Pettifer, Krakouer, Hilton, Newman and more than half our list over the last 10 years.

If Cotchin stays on the HFF line where he has played 80% of his footy, he will fall in that Pettifer-Didak category.

How big is that risk ?

I think he ran a mid 13 beep at the start of the year so I don't think that its beyond the realms of possibility that with a couple of pre seasons he will be able to be part of the midfield rotation.

Weaver, if you were the recruiter for Richmond, you have pick 2 in the draft and you realistically have 5 players that you are looking at depending on what you feel is the most likely to succeed

By succeed I mean - make it as a genuine 200 game footballer that is well regarded in the position that he plays

from 1 - 5

How big is that risk ?

I think he ran a mid 13 beep at the start of the year so I don't think that its beyond the realms of possibility that with a couple of pre seasons he will be able to be part of the midfield rotation.

Weaver, if you were the recruiter for Richmond, you have pick 2 in the draft and you realistically have 5 players that you are looking at depending on what you feel is the most likely to succeed

By succeed I mean - make it as a genuine 200 game footballer that is well regarded in the position that he plays

from 1 - 5

mid 13 on the beep test is s**t for afl players juniors can do that

My mate reckons he's played on Cotchin and kicked four goals on him which i reckon is BS. Did he used to play for West Preston?
After reading this i hope we pick the player with the less risk involved.
i think you should tell you mate to go back to plumbing ....and for the record russell reckons it was five in the one quarter ;)

Ok Tigers fans, IGNORE THIS. Cotchin is an onballer. If anyone says otherwise they have not seen him play.

He's a flanker who is an part-time onballer mate and not even close to being the guaranteed AFL midfielder some of you keep raving about.

As I've said all along, if people want the most likely quality midfielder of the draft, start a Masten petition.

How big is that risk ?

The risk that Cotchin won't become an AFL midfielder is very high. And I'd say it is even higher for the WCE - Subiaco will find out even the good ones.

from 1 - 5

As I've said all along, if people want the most likely quality midfielder of the draft, start a Masten petition.

Yep I too have been saying Masten all along. He is the best player in the draft and the most likely to succeed. He is just marked down because he is 'just' an inside rover. Bizarely Masten IS the player that people are trying to trick themselves into thinking that Cotchin is.

2. Masten - will be a 200 game centre square player.
3. Palmer - don't believe all the negatives. He gets the ball 20 times, runs, kicks with accuracy and penetration, is fit and playing seniors.
4. Rance - will be a very food, very modern FB. Can run, kick and make decisions.
5. Cyril Rioli - if you are going to recruit a HFF/FP you might as well pass on Cotchin and get the real deal in Rioli.
6. Morton - will start slow and play flanks, will play 200 but will be an Embley. Not a genuine key man, a finisher of others work.
7. Gourdis - best of the forwards. Tall, mobile, leads up well, good set shot.
8. Cotchin.

... and yep, the Vics are grossly overestimating the local talent this year. Kreuzer and Cotchin could be the only 2 in the top-10.

The risk that Cotchin won't become an AFL midfielder is very high. And I'd say it is even higher for the WCE - Subiaco will find out even the good ones.

Yep I too have been saying Masten all along. He is the best player in the draft and the most likely to succeed. He is just marked down because he is 'just' an inside rover. Bizarely Masten IS the player that people are trying to trick themselves into thinking that Cotchin is.

2. Masten - will be a 200 game centre square player.
3. Palmer - don't believe all the negatives. He gets the ball 20 times, runs, kicks with accuracy and penetration, is fit and playing seniors.
4. Rance - will be a very food, very modern FB. Can run, kick and make decisions.
5. Cyril Rioli - if you are going to recruit a HFF/FP you might as well pass on Cotchin and get the real deal in Rioli.
6. Morton - will start slow and play flanks, will play 200 but will be an Embley. Not a genuine key man, a finisher of others work.
7. Gourdis - best of the forwards. Tall, mobile, leads up well, good set shot.
8. Cotchin.

... and yep, the Vics are grossly overestimating the local talent this year. Kreuzer and Cotchin could be the only 2 in the top-10.

Who would you rate 1?

we hav to many smalls u dick umm deledio tambling brown coughlan just to name a few and then ur gunna become the recruting manenger are u lmfao

moron the more midfield players we have the better.brown to old coughlan injury prone tambling not big enough.I have seen morton play ::thumbsdown:

Thats whats drawn me into this debate on a Tigers board. So many Tigers supporters are thinking Cotchin is the sure fire pure midfielder and Morton is the flanker they dont need. And this train of thought is snowballing bigtime.

If Tigers people want a genuine inside midfielder who will play 200 games in that role, then Masten is the man.

Yeah, you can understand people who've seen none of them play (or have but really don't get the differences) going off the opinions of others to form their own and then voice that opinion, but the 'get Cotchin the midfielder or else' vitriol towards the club - and anyone else who thinks otherwise - from some of these people is astounding.

They must have been very disappointed to miss out on 'Paul Medhurst the midfielder' last year. ;)

the northern knights coach (slattery ) stated that he was the most exciting player to come out of vic since judd.End of story.

the northern knights coach (slattery ) stated that he was the most exciting player to come out of vic since judd.End of story.

And you believe that stuff? I hear that kind of thing 2-3 times every year about certain players. Its just coaches pumping up their players.

Cotchin isnt in Judd's league. Not on the same page even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't mean that much.

That coach has also said that he thinks Kreuzer will win a Brownlow.

He is also a first year coach - statements like that carry more weight from a bloke who has been around a while. I imagine compared to the players he saw while playing at Werribee and coaching Hoppers Crossing - that Cotchin is a bit exciting.

Keep in mind Weaver that Masten is 11 months older than Cotchin, and also has the experience of playing in last years champs. Given the choice out of the 2, i'd choose Cotchin every single time.

Keep in mind Weaver that Masten is 11 months older than Cotchin, and also has the experience of playing in last years champs. Given the choice out of the 2, i'd choose Cotchin every single time.
This is a good point. Was masten eligible for draft last year? Didn't make Weaver's phantom draft of 80+, which Weaver said had too many rovers as it was.

Cale Morton Petition... we don't need a player who walks straight into the side because we aren't going to be playing finals for realistically another 2 years. Morton can develop into anything and has the potential to grow another couple of cm's and lock down CHB or CHF

Cale Morton Petition... we don't need a player who walks straight into the side because we aren't going to be playing finals for realistically another 2 years. Morton can develop into anything and has the potential to grow another couple of cm's and lock down CHB or CHF

he is not a kpp nor will he ever be one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back